KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Office Concierge

Is this your company?

Office Concierge

Add a Review

Office Concierge Employee Reviews about "elite"

Updated Sep 12, 2019

Found 17 of over 197 reviews

3.5
Office Concierge Directors Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland (no image)
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland
Pros
  • "My account manager Helena was extremely helpful and supportive(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Account manager has only seen me once since i started(in 21 reviews)

• "All of the elites get mistreated and they are the least paid workers in the whole company and their job is probably the hardest(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "elite"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Sep 12, 2019 - Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Get paid even if you don't do the hours (elites) -Changing your site, so your never bored -If you don't like a particular site you have been sent to, you can ask your line manager to remove you and they will -They do what they say, if you have to change,,, they told you they might have to, so you cant really complain - When being changed, the change could sometimes work in your favour i.e. finishing early and starting later + u still get paid for it -Meeting so many new people -Working in luxurious landmark buildings - good pay -they will promote you, if you are loyal to the company and cause minimal issues - they have so many contracts, you will get a static job eventually.. got to keep pushing your manager -I have a good manager called Hayley who is very understanding but firm -Booking appointment can be tricky but there's ways around it and also if its a serious emergency, then obviously you can take emergency leave

Cons

-Booking holiday is long.. got to be well in advance -Travel can be expensive as always in zone 1-3

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback, we are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying your time working for OC and that you have experienced the benefits of working in the Elite role. Our Elite team are highly important to our business, they are crucial to the smooth operational running of our business. It si s a very unique role and it is great that you are able to provide an honest view of what it is like working in the Elite role. We are constantly looking for ways we can improve our business and engage with our employees and it would be great to work with you to look at new ideas moving forward on what we can implement. Please could you make yourself known to your Elite Manager or our HR Manager so that we can book in some time to meet with you to discuss your feedback in more detail.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR

Jul 4, 2019 - Reception Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work for Office Concierge for 8 years now and not even thinking to change my job! I was supported from day one by: recruitment team, HR Team, Account Managers and Client Service Managers. I started off as an Elite, then secured a static position, and now I am a Reception Manager in a prestigious building. In their own ways OC guided me throughout my journey. As a result of our hard work I received two promotions in my role, and now look after a happy team of 3 :) Thank you to everyone at Office Concierge! Especially: Alice, Laura, Emma, Asta, Alison, Shola

Cons

No Cons to mention at the moment

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your time with Office Concierge and how supported you have been. Your journey and progression with Office Concierge has been great to watch and we hope that you have many more years with us. The Office Concierge Team

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Passionate & Caring

Aug 5, 2016 -  in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

After being in this industry for almost 6 years working for other FOH companies, it is really refreshing to now (very recently) work for a company that is passionate about providing an excellent service while caring about the training and development of their employees. Office Concierge have constructed some incredible incentive schemes for their employees to take part in, be given opportunities to provide feedback and suggestions and Employee Roadshows have been introduced to involve all staff to get to know each other, ask questions and gain a better understanding of the company and its values - something i am not familiar with at other companies I have worked for. O.C Head Office has a real close-knit and supportive culture which is important to ensure that all departments are aware of the 'goings-on' within the company and able to support one another and it feels as though passion and dedication to creating the best front of house reception and concierge services is the aim for all employees here. I am thrilled to be a part of a company that takes employee welfare seriously and has very respective relationships with its clients who seem to be happy with how their demands are expectations are being exceeded. The training 'packages' provided for their members of staff (at new elite level through to management level) is really impressive and so relevant to what it takes to be at the top and it is so vital that these tools are being taught at the very beginning of company induction

Cons

I have not yet faced anything that is of concern to me

1 person found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased you are enjoying your role with us! Our employees are really important; listening to feedback is just one of the ways we engage with our teams, amongst other initiatives. Thanks for pointing out our training packages, we're proud of our excellent learning and development offering. We wish you a very successful career with OC!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Farewell OC!

Feb 9, 2017 - Front of House Reception in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and friendly Account Manager Good training programmes Bespoke uniform Elite cover provided for sickness/holiday

Cons

Benefit was changed (due to Government OCEBS) Occasionally miscommunications with Head Office (which were always rectified!)

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Elite roles, don't let them fool you MUST READ

Apr 11, 2017 - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

At times you find that being an Elite will bring you to meet great people and help you learn the role in a quicker way than it would as a static. You are constantly bounced from a place to another - you learn how to adapt to different systems, people, environments. This will help you move on (to other companies) quicker.

Cons

MUST READ!! -Stop working against career development of the individuals, if an Elite is good and wanted by a site, GIVE THEM THE POSITION - this is the reason of such a high staff turnover (every week there are about 10 new staff members but staff number is decreasing???) - Account managers are not present, came to see me twice in 1year and 6months. -Elite roles should be paid an average of their portfolio, expect a low pay for the highest paid sites (i.e. 110 Bishopsgate - ex Heron Tower) -you are forced to wear uniform when covering a site, a lot of times uniforms are not clean, it should go without saying but PUT YOUR FOOT DOWN!! The company wants immaculate make up and hair but would not care about personal hygiene. I have reported these problems MANY times and they have been ignored. Take care of yourself! You can find similar jobs at a greater pay at any given time, don't stop looking.

10 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0

Brilliant Experience – Excellent Elite & Static Roles

Sep 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

During my time as an Elite for Office Concierge from November 2016, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with a positive, exciting and professional company. I have gained a profound portfolio of experience working at high profile sites, including front of house and in house receptions. The company as a whole are hardworking, goal setters who give many opportunities to progress through personal development. The teams within the company are extremely supportive and challenging in a positive way which has enabled me to be push myself above my boundaries developing further in this industry. I have enjoyed and learnt so much from being an Elite it has led me to as a Static at one prestigious site. The elite role has given me so much progression to be able to provide a high standard and I am always grateful for the opportunity the company has given me.

Cons

This is not applicable from experience.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Personal Progress Review

Sep 12, 2017 - Front of House Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is fantastic that you have experienced both in your Designated Elite role and also once you transitioned into a static position.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic company to work for!

Mar 10, 2016 - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working 5 months as an Elite and it is a great opportunity to see London and work in different buildings and companies. If you like diversity, this is a great job for you. You get multiple corporate skills on a daily basis and you constantly get to meet a range of different people. Moreover, by the time you know it you will become a great multitasker and people will be amazed by your ability to adapt in fast past environments. This is a skill that you can carry on for life! Helena which is the Team Leader of the Elites is a great asset to the company. She is attentive, sweet and willing to help you out when in need.

Cons

It would be nice to provide a discounted gym membership to all employees. Also, a bonus to the elites that receive excellent feedback would make their employees reach their maximum potential and strive for perfection.

Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and having the opportunity to work in different buildings. We really do have some fantastic sites in London. Our employees are incredibly important to us. In the next few months, we’ll be reviewing out benefits package by engaging with staff and getting their feedback on employee benefits. Thank you for your Elites feedback suggestion. I will pass this and your comments of Helena onto our Elite Manager.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good experience

Oct 26, 2018 - Front Desk Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before my interview with OC I looked at Glassdoor to check reviews and I was worried to see a lot of negative feedback. Luckily my experience with the company was really good so far. I guess it really depends on a site and people you work with. I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years. I was lucky to work within nice team. Over 2 years I've had 3 different account managers and all of them were very lovely people. My current manager Kirsty is so approachable, she listen to what you say and makes things happen! So just an advice to everyone who reads this and considering to join OC. Dont get pulled off by negative comments. You might have a good experience like me. Good luck!

Cons

Need to book holidays quite in advance to get the days you want

10. 5.0

Outstanding

Aug 21, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for OC for 10 months within that 10 months I've had two promotions! I started out as an elite.... Fast paced and exciting training in the best sites in the city! Built up a great relationship with a site and was promoted to GRM recently. Hard work pays I have never been happier to work for such a fantastic company! Management and head office work as a team. No question is too big or silly someone will always support you!

Cons

I have no cons my journey with OC has been the best working journey I have been on I finally feel settled in a career

2 people found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us, and it is fantastic to see the positive comments you have listed. We pride ourselves on our team ethic and there really is a sense of a family environment. We are very supportive of our employees, providing team members with excellent training to enhance their skills, as well as encouraging an open and collaborative working environment. We wish you all the best in your career with us.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews