KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Office Concierge

Is this your company?

Office Concierge

Add a Review

Office Concierge Employee Reviews about "elites"

Updated Mar 28, 2019

Found 13 of over 197 reviews

3.5
Office Concierge Directors Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland (no image)
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland
Pros
  • "My account manager Helena was extremely helpful and supportive(in 19 reviews)

• "I started as an Elite but very shortly I got a static role in one of sites where I've spent 2 years(in 17 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Account manager has only seen me once since i started(in 21 reviews)

• "All of the elites get mistreated and they are the least paid workers in the whole company and their job is probably the hardest(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "elites"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 1.0
      Current Employee

Worst company i've ever worked for

Mar 28, 2019 - FOH Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of their sites are nice and in great locations.

Cons

HR Team are useless, they have no compassion, they are all 2 faced and will be so friendly to your face and pretend like they will help you and then go and then talk bad about you behind your back. Not just HR but 95% of the head office team are like this. they are all rude and NONE of them even care about the employees, they only care about the contract they have with the sites and they cant even seem to keep contracts in the end as even the sites and building management are seeing how awful this company is. All of the elites get mistreated and they are the least paid workers in the whole company and their job is probably the hardest. They will call you at 6am in the morning and change you schedule for the day and they cant even stick to that as sometimes they will change it 5 or more times and it hasn't even hit 8 am yet and you have to pay for all of your travel between the sites and all they give you is £500 a year - this is how much i end up spending in 1 month. They are so rude to all of the elites - you are only a number to them they don't even know your name and you could be working for them for years. They never authorize your appointments like hospital and dentist as they say they have no cover - well of course because the turn over for elites is crazy because they all want to get away from such a toxic work place. even when they do accept your appointment - you are never paid for it. We are all human beings and we have appointments as it is a normal human thing so why shouldn't we get our money when we do the most for the company. They don't car if your going through a lot of if you need some time off for whatever reason they will still ask you to come in. I always have to triple check my payslip at the end of the month because there will always be deductions for something. Elites get money deducted for lateness even when its not our fault. They will call you so last minute and expect you to still make it on time and if you don't you will be underpaid.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy and we’d like to assist personally. We care immensely about all of our employees, on site and off site included. As a company, we set high standards for all as it is important to us to uphold our service levels. That being said, our employee wellbeing and happiness is also of upmost importance to us, so we would like to find a solution for you. Our Elites get the opportunity to work across a number of sites and sometimes are needed to move across sites throughout the day. Our Operations team does their best to give as much notice as possible and to minimise changes to our employee schedules; however this is not always possible due to sickness and unexpected absences. Our Elite staff are paid for a full 10 hour day regardless of the number of hours worked that day. The Elite role is perfect for those who want to experience different receptions, teams and clients and enjoy travelling to different parts of London. In regard to the travel expenses, we advise you to purchase a travel card at the beginning of the month. We are unable to cover all travel costs, but the annual allowance is designed to aid in the extra travel throughout your day. We issue pay slips via email prior to pay day to enable you to review and resolve any discrepancies that may occur prior to your pay being processed. We would like to discuss your concerns further with you personally and ask that you get in touch with our HR Manager directly, Laura Rouse. Laura will be able to assist you on all of the above, her contact is laurarouse@officeconcierge.co.uk Once again we are sorry to hear that you feel this way, and we hope that we can do everything we can to help you.

2. 1.0

Worst company ever

Oct 26, 2018 - Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

experience for reception work meet friendly colleagues

Cons

where on earth do I start, you're just a number to them (I've been with them over a year and they still don't remember my full name) you are never allowed to go to doctors appointments, they dismiss sexual harrassment & racism allegations (one girl was literally dismissed because she filed a complaint for racist behaviour, they were clearly trying to shut her up) even if you're sick they will still force you to come in due to the lack of cover (no wonder, the elites leave because they are treated so awfully) and if you protest not to come in, they probe and bully you with questions as to why you are sick and why you cannot come to site. One of our elites sadly suffered a miscarriage and the Operations team made her work the next day, again due to this 'lack of cover' nonsense, another girl within the company chose to have a termination of pregnancy, they made her take this as annual leave and had no compassion towards the situation. I am so surprised this company has not gone bust or been sued for a huge amount of money because the distress it has caused to so many members of staff is insane. The turnover is crazy, probably the highest I've seen within a company ever. OC needs to be exposed for who they really are.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Don't work here

Oct 25, 2018 - Reception
      Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is average I guess.

Cons

The company doesnt hire enough elites, or they do but they dont stick around for long, because they dont get treated right. Therefore that means us statics cannot take holidays when we want, take days off when we want etc. Not impressed.

2 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A review for an Elite receptionist

Nov 14, 2017 - Elite Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getting your foot in the door and getting valuable experience. My account manager is the only reason I stayed as long as I did.

Cons

If your not static your treated like temporary staff. Operations shove you from pillar to post with no regards of how it will affect you and your travels. You have to be available from 6 am if you are on standby to find out your where your going and sometimes they call you at 7 am and expect you to be ready to leave and cover a 8 am shift!! There is no progression in the company and Statics are paid £5K more than elites even though elites have more experiences. They promise Elites will be made into statics once they have worked for 12-18 months. Do not count on that as they lose elites due to their lies. Operations are a joke. Very rude and have no compassion if you are sick. They expect you to take a painkiller and still go into work.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments on your experience with Office Concierge. I wanted to address the operational issues that you raised in your review and explain how our Elite team work alongside our Operations team to deliver great customer service. The role of our Operations team is to ensure that all of our client commitments are covered at all times, and as a business we rely on the expertise and flexibility of our Elite team members to achieve this. We are very honest with people applying for the Elite position that there may be occasions where their schedule is changed at short notice, for example when someone has called in sick particularly late in the morning. We work hard with our Elite team to develop them and to ensure that they feel supported in their role, and I can see from your comments that you had a great relationship with your Elite Manager which is so important to us. We have a development structure in place for Elite team members which is customised to individual needs and allows team members to experience new clients, responsibilities and work cultures. Many Elites have moved into static positions once they have achieved their development plan in the Elite role. We even have Elites that have moved into Reception Management positions straight from the Elite role die to the development they have received. We have a duty of care for the welfare of our employees, and we want to ensure that all team members are taking all necessary precautions to remain healthy. Employees are never forced into work if they are too unwell to do and we always ensure that return to work meetings are held with managers upon your return from absence in case you are not fully better and need additional time off. We thank you for your comments, and would ask that you contact your Elite Manager or HR Manager if you have any further questions or concerns.

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Honest review

Oct 26, 2017 - Corporate Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some nice colleagues - Opportunity to make new contacts and meet people - Gives you the experience to find a better job

Cons

- Massive employee turnover. Constant hiring, training and resigning cycle. Elites are not given a chance for progression at all. - Zero progression opportunities. There is not such a thing as "internal recruitment". If you are receptionist you are expected to be happy with it FOREVER. If you dare to ask for some progression opportunities in the Head office, for example, you will be looked at as an alien. There are many qualified and educated people within statics and elites, if you guys give them the opportunity to progress you will have much stronger Operations, HR etc because people will actually stay in this company. - Not very nice uniform. Used and old-fashioned. Not to mention the bun and fake pearls you are required to wear. Please walk into a building where the receptionist is not from Office concierge and see how receptionists dress up in 2017. You also get 2 uniforms which you are expected to take to dry cleaning every time (this is toxic by the way, just google dry cleaning toxic and thank me later) and dry cleaners normal service usually takes one week, so you are supposed to wear the same uniform for a week. If you try to protect your dignity and personal hygiene you will be ignored. Sometimes the elites have to wear someone`s else uniform without any washing or dry cleaning before that. - No Christmas party last year and not any party or event at all during 2017. December 2016 they announced that there will be no Christmas party because they were planning to throw few smaller events during the year. Well, it is almost November 2017 and I haven`t been invited to one yet. - Gossipy and favouritism culture. - Very hard to book holidays when you want to. Between Christmas and New Year, for example, it is almost mission impossible. - If you have a doctor appointment they ask for a prove although they deduct the time from your salary. No matter how personal is the matter - you have to prove it. - No salary review every year as in other companies. They show zero appreciation for your service, loyalty, patience. Zero. - Thee last 3 reviews have strangely the same style and look a bit fishy after all previous reviews which are more realistic.

5 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments on your time with Office Concierge. In response to your concerns on development within Office Concierge, we take progression and personal development for our team members seriously. All line managers have regular job chats with their team members to understand what career direction they wish to pursue. Actions points and targets are then set which are tailored to individual development plans. We pride ourselves on promoting from within and 6 of our current senior management team have all been promoted from Front of House Reception roles and a further 113 internal movements have taken place in 2017 alone. All of our uniforms are bespoke for Office Concierge and have certain maintenance requirements which is why we provide all employees with dry cleaning vouchers to assist in the cost of this. We take on board all comments we receive with regards to uniform and the maintenance of uniform and work hard to resolve issues as and when they arise. In 2016, we held Engagement Roadshows with our team members where we received lots of feedback on the annual Christmas party. The feedback we received was that smaller more intimate events would be appreciated more which is why there have been more team events in 2017. We are currently running further Engagement Roadshow evenings which everyone has been invited to, to bring people together from around the business. The purpose of these events is for you to meet fellow colleagues and network whilst you enjoy drinks and nibbles and for you to be updated on business news. We have over 500 employees across London and we need to ensure that there is a fair process in holiday approval and it may not be possible for every holiday request to be approved for this reason. However, we understand that a work life balance is so important and will always offer alternative dates that you can book if we are unable to approve your initial request. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we do take your comments on board and act on them where necessary. The HR Manager would gladly discuss any of your concerns further with you should you wish to contact her.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee

Don't bother

Jun 26, 2017 - Static Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, depending on where you are you can meet nice people within the building.

Cons

Worst company to work for. A lot of hidden clauses in contracts and unfair decision making. They do not care about their employees like they say they do. If you leave and uniform isn't returned they deduct £500 from your pay and give you no heads up! Say they will get back to you on certain things and you find that you are constantly chasing them. Such a large turnover in statics or elites because they sell you an absolute dream. I was stuck on a site with nothing to do every day and was let go after I wanted more of a workload etc. They also give you dry cleaning vouchers but most around London don't even accept them so that's a struggle too! Slave hour shifts, definitely would not recommend.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee

The most unprofessional company I have ever worked for in my working career

Jun 22, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is that it does give you the opportunity to acquire skills for working in the corporate sector. So for this it is a good stepping stone. But once you have all the skills needed I would say move on swiftly to the next.

Cons

Where to start. I was working for OC as an elite receptionist and when having the interview they did so much to sell a dream to me. Told me how valued elites are because they are the back bone of the company, how there's different levels of progression and more chance of finding a static position you will enjoy because you have had the movement between different sites. Told me I would meet great new people and will always feel apart of a team even though I am mobile and told me that I would have regular meetings with my account manager. Well wrong wrong and wrong again. Elites are not valued in the slightest as an elite you are expected to travel all through London from site to Site at the drop of a hat. Expected to know all procedures for the different sites but out of everyone in the company elites get paid the least and they think the one and only benefit of a measly 40£ a month towards travel is a godsend, LOL because that gets you far in expensive London. Yes that's right NO company benefits not one. The operations team are a complete joke to anyone in life. They move you around like its a game of snakes and ladders with no real logic behind the things they put in place. Like making you travel from west to east to cover someone's lunch break and then send you all the way back to west to work for a further 8/9 hours. The management team couldn't really care less and they only time they act as if they do is of they feel it will hinder them in any way. You could be on your deathbed and they will still pressure you heavily to report for your duties.(we are not fighting for a country here , people get sick and need time off) ,,and even when you are dying of illness they don't allow you to just go to the doctors and make the stupid unreasonable suggestion to go out of work time. Right so that is when then because my working hours would have been Monday to Friday anytime between 7&7 and I get told only on the morning of the working day where and what time I am working not to mention aswel that they can and will change that plan on you at any point of the day! If you do go doctors you will not get paid which is ridiculous because why do they ask for proof if they are going to deduct your wages anyway.The more I think of this company the more it enrages me that the personal stories I have with this company even happend. Treatment was just absolutely appalling from start to finish. The uniform is ridiculous why they have this old fashioned view that pearls and a doughnut bun is what makes a receptionist is absolute beyond me and it makes you feel like a complete idiot wearing it on top of wearing a very badly fitted recycled uniform that they give you and if you leave somehow think they have a right to withhold 500£ from your hard earned wage if it isn't returned as when you started. I could actually be here all night as the more I think of my time working for this incompetent company I think of more and more and more points but to break it down this is what I would say If you want a step into the corporate world this is a good company to use to gain skills 6 months max is actually all you need . Don't take everything they say as gospel because if you don't stand your ground they will walk all over you. Leaving this job and moving into a proper, professional corporate company was the best thing I did.!!

7 people found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and for your positive feedback, recommending OC for giving you the ‘opportunity to acquire skills for working in the corporate sector’. Thank you for confirming that our recruitment team did highlight how important Elites are to our business; the different levels of progression they will be exposed to; the mobile aspect of the role and the movement between sites. The Elite position, which is essential and important to our business and clients, ensures cover during times of holiday, sickness and absences for our 200 plus sites. The role is fast-paced and requires an exceptionally talented person who is versatile, adapting to changes quickly, as sometimes it is unforeseen. Our Operations team are in constant communication with Elites when making changes to their schedule for the day and keep them up-to-date with moves. We do our best to accommodate requests for time off, however as in any company there will be times when business demands make this difficult. We’re very proud of the Elite position and it is highly regarded in our industry. Many of the team who perform well and seeks progression move into exciting opportunities within OC. We provide training that benefits and develops our employees’ current skills and prepare them for future career opportunities that may arise. We offer employees benefits such as enhanced pension scheme, employee discounts (e.g. tastecard) and a ‘Recommend a Friend’ scheme. As you have pointed out, Elites are provided with a travel allowance which is a great benefit and many of our Elites have said how appreciative they are as the allowance helps reduce their travel costs. We encourage engagement throughout the company and provide the opportunity for teams to meet each other at company events, such as engagement roadshows, which we run regularly throughout the year. We have received fantastic feedback about these. The uniform varies from site to site and it is not standard for all our receptionists to wear pearls and a bun. We have a dedicated Wardrobe department who can assist employees with any uniform queries, should they have any, to ensure their uniform is comfortable and fitted properly. Please note, we do ask the uniform to be returned in good condition, as this is company property. We are sorry that this fast paced role did not meet your requirements and we hope that you are now in a more suited role. If you would like to discuss this further, please get in touch with our Brand Manager.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic company to work for!

Mar 10, 2016 - Elite Corporate Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working 5 months as an Elite and it is a great opportunity to see London and work in different buildings and companies. If you like diversity, this is a great job for you. You get multiple corporate skills on a daily basis and you constantly get to meet a range of different people. Moreover, by the time you know it you will become a great multitasker and people will be amazed by your ability to adapt in fast past environments. This is a skill that you can carry on for life! Helena which is the Team Leader of the Elites is a great asset to the company. She is attentive, sweet and willing to help you out when in need.

Cons

It would be nice to provide a discounted gym membership to all employees. Also, a bonus to the elites that receive excellent feedback would make their employees reach their maximum potential and strive for perfection.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We're pleased to hear you are enjoying your time with us and having the opportunity to work in different buildings. We really do have some fantastic sites in London. Our employees are incredibly important to us. In the next few months, we’ll be reviewing out benefits package by engaging with staff and getting their feedback on employee benefits. Thank you for your Elites feedback suggestion. I will pass this and your comments of Helena onto our Elite Manager.

9. 1.0

Unprofessional and shady

Mar 25, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

You work in nice buildings, Static role as you have no/minimum contact with head office and operations

Cons

This company is very shady and unprofessional. A colleague I worked with felt obligated to write a positive review on here as she was asked to write one by an account manager. Elites have a high turnover. I'm not surprised.

4 people found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback although I’m sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time with us. Our employees are incredibly important to us. We know that our teams work hard and to show our appreciation we provide employees with an attractive benefits package which include awards, performance related bonuses, dry cleaning vouchers, employee discounts and learning and development opportunities. The Elite role is a fast-paced and requires an exceptionally talented person who is versatile adapting to changes quickly however, it is also a rewarding role and it is highly regarded in our industry. Many people gain excellent experience leading to exciting opportunities in their future. Our Elites are fully supported by the Elite Manager or the Elite Operations Manager and the Operations team, who have regular contact with our 100 Elites and are contactable throughout the day. We are a respected company within our industry and act with integrity and professionalism. I can assure you the positive reviews on here are genuine feedback from employees, and we do have many satisfied and committed team members. We value our employees and listen to feedback, which is taken seriously, and under no circumstances do we make our staff feel obligated to post a review. I would welcome further feedback, please get in touch with our Brand Manager.

10. 1.0

DIABOLICAL

Sep 1, 2015 - Elite Receptionist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

see some nice sites but not really a pro of the company its a pro of the site.

Cons

sickening management, appalling to staff. Any positive review, mark my words, has been written by OC management. They treat staff like dogs. in fact, dogs receive better treatment. they treat you like dirt. expect you to get across london to somewhere you've never been to before within the space of half an hour. by the way if you need time off don't bother trying to book it off, they will almost certainly decline it due to 'need for staff' despite have a HUGE team of elites whose actual role is to cover people. do not be fooled by the good reviews they are a disgrace of a company.

5 people found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your concerns. I’m disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us as we pride ourselves on our team ethic and like to foster a family environment. Firstly , I would like to assure you that OC management do not post reviews and we do have many satisfied and committed employees. The Elite role, which is essential to our business, ensures cover during times of holiday, sickness and absences for our 200 plus sites. As such, the nature of the role is to be flexible as changes will happen daily, sometimes unforeseen. Our Operations team will also take into account travel time when making changes to your schedule for the day. We do our best to accommodate requests for time off and have clear procedures in place for this, however as in any company there will be times when business demands make this difficult. We have an escalation process if you feel disadvantaged in any way with regards to this. We are concerned with your comments regarding management and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further. Please could you make contact with our Brand Manager in order to do this. We look forward to hearing from you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews