KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Office Concierge

Engaged Employer

Office Concierge

Add a Review

Office Concierge Employee Reviews about "head office"

Updated Apr 7, 2021

Found 25 of over 215 reviews

3.4
Office Concierge Directors Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland (no image)
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The role is great for people who do not like to be in one place, enjoy meeting new people and for people who would like to gain lots of new experience in the corporate world,(in 10 reviews)
  • "The Pay is good(in 8 reviews)
  • "Account Manager was awesome(in 7 reviews)
  • "Training: The best training I've received in a working environment.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Was able to work with a few nice colleagues(in 7 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor Management where (the very first time that I had to experience being criticised, humiliated and disliked) by the management ' through gossips'.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Clearly mismanaged, horrible uniforms, no benefits, account managers think they are more priviledged than their staff, they are rude, their policies are shocking, they will never approve your holidays, they will never pay your when you are sick, they completely destroy your personality, no freedom to speak, no motivation, they lie to clients, i could go on and on and on ...(in 15 reviews)
  • "Salaries are low and hours very long(in 8 reviews)
  • "no benefits of any kind.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Pay/sick pay/days off can be very challenging and not much leeway or even room to accommodate those who may be sick or dealing with issues that may require them to have time off.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "head office"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Happy to be part of OC!

Mar 30, 2021 - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic company to work for! I'm so very fortunate to work with such a great company. Everyone is supportive and helped me learn the true meaning of a work family. OC will give you the opportunity to grow and develop yourself! Waking up in the morning and being happy to go to work is a privilege! The head office team are very friendly and professional, and I cannot thank my current manager Kirsty and my previous manager Deirbhile enough for all the motivation and support they have shown to me, always supportive kind and professional. Blessed to be part of this company, 100% recommend!

Cons

Can honestly say there are no cons.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad company to work for

Apr 7, 2021 - Elite Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uniform provided; Nothing else to mention

Cons

I used to work in Office Concierge as Elite for almost a year. It`s lack of organisation and communication between Operations and staff. On my second day, when I just came to the site, I received a call that I have to go and cover somewhere else, without even being trained. They changed my working sites and starting times at least 2 times per week. I didn't wake up because my alarm was ringing, I was waking up at 6 am because OC was calling me and changing my duties. It would be fine if they would change my site, but when they are calling me at 6:30 am asking to start at 8 am, when I need at least an hour just for travel, I have to go to work without even getting normally ready and having breakfast. To cover in Head Office was hell. You have to work from 8 am to 6pm, with 1 hour break alone. This site was too much for 1 receptionist, although no one cared. For this year, I called in sick once, because I had food poisoning. When I called in the morning to tell that I am really sick, it was said that I am not allowed to call in sick because there is no cover for me. Before lockdown, I was sent to 4-5 different sites where I have never even been, to cover lunch breaks. When I tried to explain that, I don't want to use public transport 4-5 times per day, because of the virus around, it was said "Then you can walk ''. Of corse, I can walk from City to Mayfair, but it will take me an hour, although you give me 30 minutes to travel from site to site. Even after lockdown I was still working 3 more days, what I guess was not even legal. Holidays- This is something even more interesting. Asked for holidays 5 months in advance. Explained that I have family circumstances and health issues, so it`s really vital to go home for me. Was refused twice, even after conversation with my manager. Not paid overtime. Overtime is paid only if you are working over 50 hours per week. Client is priority, and no one will take your opinion and point of view, because you are just number in this company.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Receptionist

Jan 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's a fairly easy job

Cons

Overall unfair treatment - I could write an essay. No job progression for those that deserve it. Elites are treated poorly, they're seen as easily replaceable and the staff turnover for them especially is awful. An elite I knew was fired for ridiculous reasons that made no sense at all. There's no understanding from anyone at head office. I had one great manager but she left for the same reasons. I was on 23k but one of my mates working for the same company was on 30k doing the exact same job, the site you work at makes a massive difference to income and how you are treated. My mate had more career opportunities and was able to get managerial training for example whereas I wasn't able to get that opportunity and was told I couldn't get that opportunity at my site. The manager at my site was a massive bully and nothing was done about it because she managed their contract. And speaking of contracts, when they renewed it after 5 years, they didn't give the receptionists a pay increase, there were no annual pay increases at all. The benefits were awful, just some money off a discount food card and random discounts off other things. There were loads of issues at the site I worked at, but as much as they wanted to, our managers were never able to do anything about it because they didn't want to cause an issue with the "client".

4. 1.0
    Current Employee

Worst company i've ever worked for

Mar 28, 2019 - FOH Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of their sites are nice and in great locations.

Cons

HR Team are useless, they have no compassion, they are all 2 faced and will be so friendly to your face and pretend like they will help you and then go and then talk bad about you behind your back. Not just HR but 95% of the head office team are like this. they are all rude and NONE of them even care about the employees, they only care about the contract they have with the sites and they cant even seem to keep contracts in the end as even the sites and building management are seeing how awful this company is. All of the elites get mistreated and they are the least paid workers in the whole company and their job is probably the hardest. They will call you at 6am in the morning and change you schedule for the day and they cant even stick to that as sometimes they will change it 5 or more times and it hasn't even hit 8 am yet and you have to pay for all of your travel between the sites and all they give you is £500 a year - this is how much i end up spending in 1 month. They are so rude to all of the elites - you are only a number to them they don't even know your name and you could be working for them for years. They never authorize your appointments like hospital and dentist as they say they have no cover - well of course because the turn over for elites is crazy because they all want to get away from such a toxic work place. even when they do accept your appointment - you are never paid for it. We are all human beings and we have appointments as it is a normal human thing so why shouldn't we get our money when we do the most for the company. They don't car if your going through a lot of if you need some time off for whatever reason they will still ask you to come in. I always have to triple check my payslip at the end of the month because there will always be deductions for something. Elites get money deducted for lateness even when its not our fault. They will call you so last minute and expect you to still make it on time and if you don't you will be underpaid.

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy and we’d like to assist personally. We care immensely about all of our employees, on site and off site included. As a company, we set high standards for all as it is important to us to uphold our service levels. That being said, our employee wellbeing and happiness is also of upmost importance to us, so we would like to find a solution for you. Our Elites get the opportunity to work across a number of sites and sometimes are needed to move across sites throughout the day. Our Operations team does their best to give as much notice as possible and to minimise changes to our employee schedules; however this is not always possible due to sickness and unexpected absences. Our Elite staff are paid for a full 10 hour day regardless of the number of hours worked that day. The Elite role is perfect for those who want to experience different receptions, teams and clients and enjoy travelling to different parts of London. In regard to the travel expenses, we advise you to purchase a travel card at the beginning of the month. We are unable to cover all travel costs, but the annual allowance is designed to aid in the extra travel throughout your day. We issue pay slips via email prior to pay day to enable you to review and resolve any discrepancies that may occur prior to your pay being processed. We would like to discuss your concerns further with you personally and ask that you get in touch with our HR Manager directly, Laura Rouse. Laura will be able to assist you on all of the above, her contact is laurarouse@officeconcierge.co.uk Once again we are sorry to hear that you feel this way, and we hope that we can do everything we can to help you.

5. 2.0

Honest review

Oct 26, 2017 - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Some nice colleagues - Opportunity to make new contacts and meet people - Gives you the experience to find a better job

Cons

- Massive employee turnover. Constant hiring, training and resigning cycle. Elites are not given a chance for progression at all. - Zero progression opportunities. There is not such a thing as "internal recruitment". If you are receptionist you are expected to be happy with it FOREVER. If you dare to ask for some progression opportunities in the Head office, for example, you will be looked at as an alien. There are many qualified and educated people within statics and elites, if you guys give them the opportunity to progress you will have much stronger Operations, HR etc because people will actually stay in this company. - Not very nice uniform. Used and old-fashioned. Not to mention the bun and fake pearls you are required to wear. Please walk into a building where the receptionist is not from Office concierge and see how receptionists dress up in 2017. You also get 2 uniforms which you are expected to take to dry cleaning every time (this is toxic by the way, just google dry cleaning toxic and thank me later) and dry cleaners normal service usually takes one week, so you are supposed to wear the same uniform for a week. If you try to protect your dignity and personal hygiene you will be ignored. Sometimes the elites have to wear someone`s else uniform without any washing or dry cleaning before that. - No Christmas party last year and not any party or event at all during 2017. December 2016 they announced that there will be no Christmas party because they were planning to throw few smaller events during the year. Well, it is almost November 2017 and I haven`t been invited to one yet. - Gossipy and favouritism culture. - Very hard to book holidays when you want to. Between Christmas and New Year, for example, it is almost mission impossible. - If you have a doctor appointment they ask for a prove although they deduct the time from your salary. No matter how personal is the matter - you have to prove it. - No salary review every year as in other companies. They show zero appreciation for your service, loyalty, patience. Zero. - Thee last 3 reviews have strangely the same style and look a bit fishy after all previous reviews which are more realistic.

5 people found this review helpful

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments on your time with Office Concierge. In response to your concerns on development within Office Concierge, we take progression and personal development for our team members seriously. All line managers have regular job chats with their team members to understand what career direction they wish to pursue. Actions points and targets are then set which are tailored to individual development plans. We pride ourselves on promoting from within and 6 of our current senior management team have all been promoted from Front of House Reception roles and a further 113 internal movements have taken place in 2017 alone. All of our uniforms are bespoke for Office Concierge and have certain maintenance requirements which is why we provide all employees with dry cleaning vouchers to assist in the cost of this. We take on board all comments we receive with regards to uniform and the maintenance of uniform and work hard to resolve issues as and when they arise. In 2016, we held Engagement Roadshows with our team members where we received lots of feedback on the annual Christmas party. The feedback we received was that smaller more intimate events would be appreciated more which is why there have been more team events in 2017. We are currently running further Engagement Roadshow evenings which everyone has been invited to, to bring people together from around the business. The purpose of these events is for you to meet fellow colleagues and network whilst you enjoy drinks and nibbles and for you to be updated on business news. We have over 500 employees across London and we need to ensure that there is a fair process in holiday approval and it may not be possible for every holiday request to be approved for this reason. However, we understand that a work life balance is so important and will always offer alternative dates that you can book if we are unable to approve your initial request. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we do take your comments on board and act on them where necessary. The HR Manager would gladly discuss any of your concerns further with you should you wish to contact her.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Personal Progress Review

Sep 12, 2017 - Front of House Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is fantastic that you have experienced both in your Designated Elite role and also once you transitioned into a static position.

7. 5.0

A Great Company to Work for with Great Staff

Jun 9, 2017 - Static Operator in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for OC as a part time static operator for over 2 years and I can honestly say that I haven’t had a single problem neither with head office nor with my own team at the building. My holidays have always been approved- even the last minute emergency appointments were not a problem- and my sick days were paid- this is of course applicable as long as you don’t call in sick every week. After my studies I was even given a chance to take sabbatical for a period of 3 months. The head office team and the operations have always been very supportive and more importantly very prompt when answering my emails and calls. However, I especially want to highlight that my account manager Abigail Smith was a real legend to work with: She visited me regularly; she always did her best to deal with any problem I may have had; she has always been in a good mood and always a great conservationist; and overall acted as a great ambassador for the entire company. I really couldn’t ask for a better one, thank you! I just want to say a HUGE thank you to the company and its employees, especially for the support during my studies, and finally wishing you all the best in the future.

Cons

As I mentioned since I have had no problems with the company, there are no cons from my side! maybe they could bring back the yearly Christmas party?

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to review your journey with Office Concierge. We are very pleased to hear you have enjoyed your time with us and wish you all the best for the future.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

An amazing company to work!

Apr 7, 2017 - Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company is so fantastic to work for. They are very flexible and understanding. I am currently studying which is why I work part-time. Office Concierge are always very aware of this, taking into consideration my circumstances when I request annual leave to work towards deadlines. The head office team are very friendly and professional, and I cannot thank my manager enough for all she does for me as her employee. 5 star services! 100% recommend!

Cons

I cannot think of any!

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you very much for posting your feedback on your time with Office Concierge. We are delighted that we have been able to support you through your studies and to hear you have had such a positive experience with us. We always do our best to accommodate flexible working requests as we believe very strongly in a good work life balance. We would like to wish you every success with your studies.

9. 5.0

Farewell OC!

Feb 9, 2017 - Front of House Reception in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful and friendly Account Manager Good training programmes Bespoke uniform Elite cover provided for sickness/holiday

Cons

Benefit was changed (due to Government OCEBS) Occasionally miscommunications with Head Office (which were always rectified!)

10. 5.0

Passionate & Caring

Aug 5, 2016 -  in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

After being in this industry for almost 6 years working for other FOH companies, it is really refreshing to now (very recently) work for a company that is passionate about providing an excellent service while caring about the training and development of their employees. Office Concierge have constructed some incredible incentive schemes for their employees to take part in, be given opportunities to provide feedback and suggestions and Employee Roadshows have been introduced to involve all staff to get to know each other, ask questions and gain a better understanding of the company and its values - something i am not familiar with at other companies I have worked for. O.C Head Office has a real close-knit and supportive culture which is important to ensure that all departments are aware of the 'goings-on' within the company and able to support one another and it feels as though passion and dedication to creating the best front of house reception and concierge services is the aim for all employees here. I am thrilled to be a part of a company that takes employee welfare seriously and has very respective relationships with its clients who seem to be happy with how their demands are expectations are being exceeded. The training 'packages' provided for their members of staff (at new elite level through to management level) is really impressive and so relevant to what it takes to be at the top and it is so vital that these tools are being taught at the very beginning of company induction

Cons

I have not yet faced anything that is of concern to me

Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased you are enjoying your role with us! Our employees are really important; listening to feedback is just one of the ways we engage with our teams, amongst other initiatives. Thanks for pointing out our training packages, we're proud of our excellent learning and development offering. We wish you a very successful career with OC!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews