Office Concierge Employee Reviews about "office concierge"

Updated Jun 18, 2021

Found 30 of over 215 reviews

3.4
Office Concierge Directors Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland (no image)
Clifford Baker, Simon Cooney & Anne Marie Holland

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The role is great for people who do not like to be in one place, enjoy meeting new people and for people who would like to gain lots of new experience in the corporate world,(in 10 reviews)
  • "The Pay is good(in 8 reviews)
  • "Account Manager was awesome(in 7 reviews)
  • "Training: The best training I've received in a working environment.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Was able to work with a few nice colleagues(in 7 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor Management where (the very first time that I had to experience being criticised, humiliated and disliked) by the management ' through gossips'.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Clearly mismanaged, horrible uniforms, no benefits, account managers think they are more priviledged than their staff, they are rude, their policies are shocking, they will never approve your holidays, they will never pay your when you are sick, they completely destroy your personality, no freedom to speak, no motivation, they lie to clients, i could go on and on and on ...(in 15 reviews)
  • "Salaries are low and hours very long(in 8 reviews)
  • "no benefits of any kind.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Pay/sick pay/days off can be very challenging and not much leeway or even room to accommodate those who may be sick or dealing with issues that may require them to have time off.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "office concierge"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Deeply Concerning place to work

Jun 18, 2021 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I can't think of a single positive point as to why you would work for Office CON-cierge

Cons

The heater broke in the reception I was working in. It was below the legal temperature throughout the whole of winter. Office Concierge did nothing, and in fact, told us off for using our coats as blankets. Management was dire/nonexistent. Very little support, every single one of my holiday requests got declined. Never listened to concerns of staff but would rather keep the client happy who were quite often out of touch and used OC to get around henious working conditions and exploit people.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Brilliant company

Jun 18, 2021 - Reception Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Support, assistance, friendly, helpful , training available

Cons

there are no cons for office concierge

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bad company to work for

Apr 7, 2021 - Elite Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Uniform provided; Nothing else to mention

Cons

I used to work in Office Concierge as Elite for almost a year. It`s lack of organisation and communication between Operations and staff. On my second day, when I just came to the site, I received a call that I have to go and cover somewhere else, without even being trained. They changed my working sites and starting times at least 2 times per week. I didn't wake up because my alarm was ringing, I was waking up at 6 am because OC was calling me and changing my duties. It would be fine if they would change my site, but when they are calling me at 6:30 am asking to start at 8 am, when I need at least an hour just for travel, I have to go to work without even getting normally ready and having breakfast. To cover in Head Office was hell. You have to work from 8 am to 6pm, with 1 hour break alone. This site was too much for 1 receptionist, although no one cared. For this year, I called in sick once, because I had food poisoning. When I called in the morning to tell that I am really sick, it was said that I am not allowed to call in sick because there is no cover for me. Before lockdown, I was sent to 4-5 different sites where I have never even been, to cover lunch breaks. When I tried to explain that, I don't want to use public transport 4-5 times per day, because of the virus around, it was said "Then you can walk ''. Of corse, I can walk from City to Mayfair, but it will take me an hour, although you give me 30 minutes to travel from site to site. Even after lockdown I was still working 3 more days, what I guess was not even legal. Holidays- This is something even more interesting. Asked for holidays 5 months in advance. Explained that I have family circumstances and health issues, so it`s really vital to go home for me. Was refused twice, even after conversation with my manager. Not paid overtime. Overtime is paid only if you are working over 50 hours per week. Client is priority, and no one will take your opinion and point of view, because you are just number in this company.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Passionate & Caring

Aug 5, 2016 -  in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

After being in this industry for almost 6 years working for other FOH companies, it is really refreshing to now (very recently) work for a company that is passionate about providing an excellent service while caring about the training and development of their employees. Office Concierge have constructed some incredible incentive schemes for their employees to take part in, be given opportunities to provide feedback and suggestions and Employee Roadshows have been introduced to involve all staff to get to know each other, ask questions and gain a better understanding of the company and its values - something i am not familiar with at other companies I have worked for. O.C Head Office has a real close-knit and supportive culture which is important to ensure that all departments are aware of the 'goings-on' within the company and able to support one another and it feels as though passion and dedication to creating the best front of house reception and concierge services is the aim for all employees here. I am thrilled to be a part of a company that takes employee welfare seriously and has very respective relationships with its clients who seem to be happy with how their demands are expectations are being exceeded. The training 'packages' provided for their members of staff (at new elite level through to management level) is really impressive and so relevant to what it takes to be at the top and it is so vital that these tools are being taught at the very beginning of company induction

Cons

I have not yet faced anything that is of concern to me

Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased you are enjoying your role with us! Our employees are really important; listening to feedback is just one of the ways we engage with our teams, amongst other initiatives. Thanks for pointing out our training packages, we're proud of our excellent learning and development offering. We wish you a very successful career with OC!

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Static? Great. Elite? Worst!

Apr 3, 2019 - Corporate Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to go to some sites which are great - You get to meet new people - If you're a static it is great, as you get to stay in one site, actually have a relationship with the clients etc.

Cons

- In the interview, I was told I would be informed the day before (before 5pm) where I would be going the next day. In the beginning, this was true, however, further down the line, they would call me at 8am and tell me to be at a site within the next 30 minutes? Make it make sense. There were times when I would be on my way to a site, then they would call and tell me to go elsewhere... - Pay was/is 21,500. Reasonable. Travel was £40 a month. At first that was fine, until you were placed in a site. Then during the day moved to other sites, and the travel expenses fall on you as lets be honest £40 barely covers two weeks, yet alone a month. - The worst thing about Office Concierge and the way they operate is, someone was able to make a complaint about you and OC took their word without actually discussing with you first what happened? Encounter the worst people/staff at some sites who you simply do not gel with, and they are able to pass negative feedback back to OC and just like that you have a strike?

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Receptionist Lunch Cover

Sep 10, 2015 - Receptionist Lunch Cover in Mayfair, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a mum with two school children I could not ask for a better company to work than Office Concierge. The hours were flexible and I could manage to take the kids to school. I was never refuse a day off if I needed to take the kids for appointments. When booking annual leaves I had no problem with the company authorizing my holidays. You are always meeting new people and the girls that work in OC are lovely. There is training every year. The training is fun and it keeps your customer services outstandarding. The money is good plus you have company benefits.

Cons

The colour of the uniform.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Dire company to work for

Aug 26, 2019 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

None what so ever

Cons

Hard to take any of the minimal annual leave as they can never get cover as staff are always leaving. Long hours bad management and building managers who bully and intimidate new staff, office concierge do nothing to support employees especially new employees hence the incredibly high turnover of staff. The worst company to work for

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback on your time with us which we are very shocked to read. All new employees are fully supported through our onboarding journey and have a dedicated Account Manager, Client Services Manager as well as the Head Office teams. We offer all employees enhanced annual leave above the statutory minimum amount, which increases with length of service. With regard to the long hours you have mentioned, all employees are advised of the hours for the particular role they are applying for at the Recruitment stage and prior to any offers being made so the working hours for each site should not come as a surprise to anyone. If you feel that you have been misled with your working hours, then please do let us know so that we can look into this further. Bullying and intimidation are seriously allegations and we would launch a full investigation should we be made of such an allegation. In any case where a team member chooses to follow our internal processes, we ensure that you are fully supported until a resolution is found. I can only assume that you have not chosen to follow the internal process for your complaints but are happy to hear from you and support you through any issues you may be facing. It is important for you as well as the business that we are advised of specific complaints otherwise we are not given the opportunity to investigate and resolve these. For any further assistance please contact our HR Manager, Laura Rouse at laurarouse@officeconcierge.co.uk directly who will be more than happy to speak with and support you. Thanks, The OC Team

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant Experience – Excellent Elite & Static Roles

Sep 12, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

During my time as an Elite for Office Concierge from November 2016, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with a positive, exciting and professional company. I have gained a profound portfolio of experience working at high profile sites, including front of house and in house receptions. The company as a whole are hardworking, goal setters who give many opportunities to progress through personal development. The teams within the company are extremely supportive and challenging in a positive way which has enabled me to be push myself above my boundaries developing further in this industry. I have enjoyed and learnt so much from being an Elite it has led me to as a Static at one prestigious site. The elite role has given me so much progression to be able to provide a high standard and I am always grateful for the opportunity the company has given me.

Cons

This is not applicable from experience.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Personal Progress Review

Sep 12, 2017 - Front of House Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since working with Office Concierge over the past 3 years i have had a great experience within the Company. I started off as a Dedicated Elite (Permanent cover) i then moved my way up in to a permanent role within a great site which suits my personality perfectly! I have also gone through the process of having to tupe over to another company as i loved my site so much! but unfortunately the other company stood no comparison to Office Concierge. Over all the Company do all they can to support you and make you feel comfortable. I am now in an Amazing site with the best team and fully supported by my account Manager and the Head Office if they are needed. I have had nothing but positive experiences with office Concierge and hope this will only continue. Thank you for all that you do!

Cons

During my time with Office Concierge i have experienced no cons so have none to add as of yet!

Senior HR Advisor

Thank you for your comments; we are delighted that you have chosen to share your Office Concierge journey with others. We pride ourselves on developing and supporting our employees and it is fantastic that you have experienced both in your Designated Elite role and also once you transitioned into a static position.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Front Office Receptionist

Oct 11, 2016 - Receptionist in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for many companies and I have to say this is the best, The operations department is only a phone call away and they are always so friendly and supportive. The company management style is great and works well for me. Managers don't talk down to you and you feel are on the same level. My account manager Sarah Torook is more then a manager; she is a supportive and caring person, She always has time to listen to all work related problems that are always quickly resolved. Sarah is always happy and never stressed or miserable and her positive energy makes work so pleasant, Sarah as a manager talks with you never at you! She is always asking if everything is OK, I am so happy to be part of her team. Its a pleasure to work with office concierge because of its people.

Cons

At this moment in time there is nothing to add to this section.

2 people found this review helpful

Brand Manager

Thank you for your post and thanks for recommending us as a company to work for. We’re delighted to hear you are enjoying your role and are receiving great support from your manager, as well as from the wider OC team such as Operations. We really do have a great team of people at OC.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews