Office Suites PLUS Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
James C. Baughman

1. "Great company"

I worked at Office Suites PLUS part-time

Pros

management cared about its staffing and made sure everyone had proper supervision. Tasks were distributed fairly and guidance was given where needed

Cons

Company had a great work culture but could be slow at times. There wasn't much transparency for part time employees. Main training was learning as you go.

Advice to Management

Company sold after I worked there so new management change

2. "It was not surprise they went out of business"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Office Suites PLUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great concept for the customer

Cons

staff poorly trained
    equipment for customers usually broken
    minimal staff on location meant no potty break, lunch break or anility to serve the customer according to contract

Advice to Management

sell the business to an investor or venture capitalist with enough cash to honor the contracts sold to customer

3. "I worked for Regus for 4 years and couldn't be happier to have left when I did. Regus now owns Office Suites PLUS."

Former Employee - General Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Office Suites PLUS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The business model is solid and you have the opportunity to meet some great professionals in your Center.

Cons

Sales leadership is rude, crude and professionally unacceptable! Salespeople are promoted to leadership positions without any leadership talent. This is a "hero to zero" mentality company that forgets all of your achievements when you have a less than stellar month. It was not uncommon to hear "I don't want to fire anyone, but I will" in team meetings. The head of sales in the US sets a very poor example of good leadership practices.

Company is becoming the "fast food" provider of the Executive Office industry. Managers make fewer and fewer local decisions and customers are being treated with declining regard.

Advice to Management

Clean up your rogue employees. Company is headed for a widespread harassment suit.

5. "The job I should've never left!"

Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Cary, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant General Manager in Cary, NC

I worked at Office Suites PLUS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great clients, positive, supportive environment.

Cons

I would've liked more interaction with upper management.

6. "Terrible place to work."

I worked at Office Suites PLUS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients were the only good part of the job.

Cons

Management staff and above seem to enjoy ruling by fear. The manager at my suite was completely incompetent. Aside from screwing up lease agreements on a regular basis and lying to potential clients she also threatened to doc my pay if clients didn't pay their rent on time. She said this to me in front of our district manager who didn't say a thing about it. Non salaried staff was expected to work overtime for various reasons. No OT and the comp time they promise is extremely hard to use. Pay is terrible for all that is expected from the CSS and DFI. These positions are given all of the managers task so they can "focus on sales" which is code for online shopping. I could go on for at least 5 more paragraphs but I think you get the point.

Advice to Management

Try being ethical both in your interactions with staff and in sales.

7. "Office Suites PLUS has a fantastic work atmosphere."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Office Suites PLUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The management was very encouraging and supportive. They gave considerable thought to keeping everyone satisfied and the mood light. My co-workers were knowledgeable and had a great work ethic.

Cons

It small office so there was not much room for advancement. I stayed on with the business due the great culture but really should have moved on long ago just because of the limitations on growth.

Advice to Management

As with most businesses, communication could be improved.

"Job Seekers Beware"

Current Employee - Suite Manager
    Current Employee - Suite Manager

I have been working at Office Suites PLUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has some really good managers, but most are under-appreciated and unhappy. Good benefits, but not affordable if you have dependents.

Cons

President and CEO lives in a 1-inch square box - is rude and obnoxious and runs the company like it's 1960. No vision, no flexibility and refuses to empower those managers who can make a difference. Regional Manager plays favorites and micro-manages. Too many huge egos in this Regus-wannabe company. Small clique of managers along with Regional Manager run the show - way too political and unprofessional - lots of back-stabbing throughout. Very unhealthy culture. Almost 1/3 of the 30-some suites are losing money. President expects clients to keep spending, but no money is put back into the dilapidated suites that need it. Clients and employees keep leaving - company is seriously struggling.

Advice to Management

Your company is tanking - and you refuse to make changes. What you are doing is not working. Many suites need updating and technology is outdated company-wide. Sell to Regus and put your clients out of their misery.

9. "Some of the best employees out there"

Pros

I've been very happy with my employment. The team of employees I work with is really great. Buddy Cowgill is a character (and I mean that in a good way).

Cons

President who can be rather abrasive in dealings with employees. He can be very condescending and belittling. That attitude radiates downward through the organization. The best managers - like mine - are really good at shielding us from the BS from above.

Advice to Management

Offer an incentive plan that's worthwhile. You offer good benefits but at prices I can't afford. Sometimes it's not all about pay. Sometimes, it's about getting a pat on the back for work done well.

"Not what it seems!!"

Former Employee - Client Support Specialist
    Former Employee - Client Support Specialist

Pros

My individual team was great. Colleagues genuinely want to make a difference and are extremely hard working and dedicated even though we weren't appreciated. Benefits are good.

Cons

The worst! They care nothing about their employees. We were under appreciated. We were micro-managed by people who knew nothing about the actual market in our area. Management can be described as gossipers and they show favoritism and did not provide enough backing for us to do our job. The company is doing poor financially so they cut hours, closed multiple suites and expects unrealistic goals to be made. Decision makers are out of touch with field issues and reality. Employees are afraid to speak out because of fear from being penalized. Oh and don't go to human resources - they will do nothing - just like management, they will listen to you, agree with you and then run back and tell everything you said - no confidentiality there!! The company is reactive - with bad alternatives that affect those not causing the issues instead. Employees are frustrated. This company has high turn-over rates.... I wonder why!?!

Advice to Management

Treat staff with respect, ask them questions, listen to them, and involve them in decisions that affect the business at the front lines. Stop making panicky, reactive decisions - it's unsettling and gives clients and employees that you don't really have a clue as to what's going on. Also, your model is "our people make the difference" well then treat us like we do! I hope the new management will do this company so good and turn it around!

11. "Poor middle management"

Former Employee - General Manager
    Former Employee - General Manager

Pros

The overall leadership of the company as in the board of directors, the primary owners, president, IT department and human resources is great. The vision of the company is solid and the belief by the people mentioned here to put the client first is ideal. The product that the company offers is outstanding and the IT department fixes issues quickly. Overall, the clients get great service, a great product and a great price. The pristine locations for their buildings and the aesthetics really give the image that the client wants. I highly recommend that a client looking for office space select Office Suites PLUS for their executive suite.

Cons

I believe that there is a strong disconnect between the people that work at the suites and senior management. The regional managers that are in place have worked with the company for many years and in those years have really failed to change their antiquated perception of the ever changing business world. Instead of understanding each suite and the dynamics behind occupancy challenges, the regional managers berate, humiliate and destroy morale on a weekly basis. If not done through e-mails and weekly sales phone calls it is done individually. There are constant accusations of unethical behavior because the regional managers have failed to “inspect what they expect.” The “team” of regional managers focus their time on gossip and drama in an effort to keep senior management at bay. In reality, they understand how to read reports; however their lack of business savvy is obvious to a recent college graduate. There are no fresh ideas coming into the company that assist General Managers in developing new business and adjusting their sales/management skills to improve the revenue stream.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management: Build a regional team that focuses on inspiring people to sell and in the process bring your company back to what it once was. Dismantle the regional team of mean spirited, condescending, human resource nightmare high school click and GET BACK TO BUSINESS.