OfficeTeam Reviews | Glassdoor

OfficeTeam Reviews

Updated April 27, 2017

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
OfficeTeam Chairman and CEO Harold M. Messmer, Jr.
Harold M. Messmer, Jr.

Pros
  • I highly recommend OfficeTeam for anyone needing temporary or temp to hire work (in 14 reviews)

• If you work full time, they offer health insurance (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Not as much temp to hire work available (in 21 reviews)

• Also, you need to basically have a wide open schedule since may jobs are full time or one day fill-ins (in 18 reviews)

1. "Office"

Current Employee - Event Staff in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Event Staff in Seattle, WA

I have been working at OfficeTeam part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is paid very professionally and timely.

Cons

I am only available on Tues., Thursdays, and Saturdays unless it is after 3 pm

2. "Great Experience!"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot! You build and maintain your own book of business and you truly take ownership of your relationships. It's very much a team oriented environment as you depend on everyone to close job orders. I had a great experience with management who was never to busy to coach me when I needed it. The job itself is a tough job because you are dealing with people (who can be pretty unreliable) but management and your teams is there to work hard with you and success feels pretty damn good!

Cons

It is staffing and sales so there are up's and down's as with any sales role so you have to learn how to role with the cycle and understand that hard work now might not come full circle for several months.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, regular one-on-one meetings are super helpful in understanding where you are and where there is room to improve. The entire management team in Raleigh is hands-down one of the best group of people I've gotten to work with.

3. "Great temp agency"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Spokane, WA

Pros

They're staff are very professional and the company has a lot of clout in their respective regions with employers.

Cons

The prospective employers are usually only hiring for shorter term work. Not as much temp to hire work available.

Advice to Management

Offer more job training other then microsoft office suite.

5. "When they have something for you, they're great"

Current Contractor - Consultant in Monterey, CA
    Current Contractor - Consultant in Monterey, CA

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They sent me on a great temp job, writing and editing training materials for a local insurance company.

Cons

They sent me out on one job, then nothing. I've been calling them back every week for months, but they act like I'm bothering them.

6. "It's a good temp agency"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

If you work full time, they offer health insurance.

Cons

They send you on job interviews for full-time positions that can be a little tone-deaf to your criteria. (But they send you on job interviews.)

"Great Start"

Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Contractor - Administrative Assistant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

-You get such great experience that really boosts your resume and skill set. I have learned so much from each one of my assignments there, and made me learn so much about what my greatest skills really were as well as making me a more valuable employee over all. For anyone just out of school (or skipping it all together) the real experience is so crucial and has been invaluable to me as a candidate.
    -The turn around between assignments is usually really quick. I have never had to wait longer than 5 days. So for an industry that is so in flux you really can depend on them for steady work when times are tough.
    -The people that work with you are so friendly and upbeat most of the time. In most of my time there the agents that worked with me really went above and beyond to place me somewhere.

Cons

-The biggest problem I have had with them is lack of communication. It was hard to get ahold of anyone, and honestly most of the time I didn't really know who to talk to about any problems I had. In fact they gave me a completely new agent and didn't tell me for 5 months. I had been sending emails to someone who had been gone for that long and NO ONE TOLD ME! I was placed on a very long assignment, and when I was struggling with it and unsure if what the assignment was doing to me was even legal I literally had no idea who to talk to and it took 3 months to actually be able to talk to a person about it. Then they disappeared again.
    -They kind of throw you into it without really giving you any information of what the job is. A lot of times I was kind of blind-sided by what the assignment actually entails or what my duties were since a lot of the time it was mostly just the direction of "OK you can do admin, go knock yourself out BYE!" from them. This meant I was pretty much always deer in a headlights look for the first few days.

Advice to Management

Be more actively communicative with your employees. Reach out more, touch base with them, make sure they understand what the limits to the responsibilities are, etc. Don't let them feel abandoned.

"Great people and learning experience. Opened up new opportunities."

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at OfficeTeam full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, learned a lot about the job market and different local industries. Helping unemployed candidates find positions was rewarding.

Cons

Pay not competitive to other sales roles. Margins were very low so maintaining a solid bonus was difficult. This is an entry level sales role, having everyone at similar/same comp levels from the get go does not sit well with people with experience.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with communication of changes. Stay positive in your approach as you already do.

9. "Fantastic company with which to start one's corporate career!"

Current Employee - Office Temp in Shelton, CT
    Current Employee - Office Temp in Shelton, CT

I have been working at OfficeTeam part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Your skills are truly valued and you always know where you stand in terms of being a prospect.

Cons

There might be a long time in between assignments, and the nature of a current assignment can change on a dime---work slowing down at the client company, etc. But honestly, that's just the nature of the beast.

10. "Office Assistant"

Current Contractor - Office Assistant in Honolulu, HI
    Current Contractor - Office Assistant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at OfficeTeam as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

You can choose how long and who you work for. Temp agencies are flexible. You can try out different companies while being employed for Office Team. It gives you an opportunity to explore different industries.

Cons

Work is not always available. There could be lag time between assignments.

11. "A great opportunity to find out what interests you for a career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OfficeTeam full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible; you provide them your availability and they can find assignments that work for your available time.
    You can try different roles and positions and see what suits you and what don't.
    You don't have to commit to a permanent position; this is great if you're still exploring the different options out there.
    Free training and resources offered

Cons

You don't get to choose which assignments and companies you'd like to work at. The staff at OfficeTeam will contact you if they found a role that they think you'd be an excellent fit for.
    Pay is not ideal.