OgilvyOne Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 7, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Stressful and bad work-life balance (in 8 reviews)

• long hours, low pay and sometimes clients are not that reasonable (in 13 reviews)

1. "It was rough times"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Respectable company with good connections and opportunity

Cons

I was at the Bangkok offices. Had huge work loads, I had no AM to guide me or train me. It was just a low time for the office while I was there. I hope they're doing better.

Advice to Management

For the Bangkok offices, 2 things. 1. Always take the time to train you employees. A swim or die situation usually doesn't work. You'll be losing employess every month and causing your work flow to stutter. 2. O.T. your people deserve it. Ogilvy himself said 'Pay peanuts and you get monkeys'.

2. "Consultant, Data and Analytics"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at OgilvyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great managers and co-workers. Everyone is very talented at what they do and its great place to learn and grow.

Cons

Long hours and stressful deadlines. Nature of the business but felt more excessive and accepted at Ogilvy leading to high turn over rates.

Advice to Management

Manageable deadlines and more benefits for long hours.

3. "Great Place"

Pros

Great place, people are friendly.

Cons

Bonuses are scarce, otherwise all good

4. "Ups and downs"

I have been working at OgilvyOne full-time

Pros

Fun accounts, great forums and speakers, great company events

Cons

Last of diversity (people tend to stereotype minorities and say ignorant statements alot), Unorganized teams from short staff, no opportunity (once you are an assistant, you stay an assistant)

Advice to Management

Get diversity classes

5. "Opportunity to work on great brands"

I worked at OgilvyOne full-time

Pros

Ogilvy has a well respected client network - IBM, American Express, etc.

Cons

It's a legacy agency. They're not doing anything cutting edge when it comes to digital experiences. There's a lot of politics, led by old guards who have no idea how digital and experiential marketing can transform companies. They struggle with creating basic digital experiences.

Advice to Management

invest in strong tech/UX team. hire leaders who are passionate about the work and embracing the digital future.

6. "Director of Operactions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Great Place to work interacting with people .

Cons

Too many new hires turnover. Ogilvy University

"Creative Director"

Former Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Creative Director in New York, NY

Pros

If you're on a good team, it's a great place to work. There are definitely some smart, creative folks who work there but...

Cons

There are definitely some jerks. The environment can be very competitive for no reason. Extremely uncollaborative. The work in general is extremely safe.

8. "Great place to grow if you take the initiative to find those opportunities"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at OgilvyOne full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Team managers are really accessible, whether their on your team or on another one. Because there are affinity and interest clubs for Ogilvy, if you join those clubs you will have face time with a lot of different and important people. And if you take on a leadership role, you will have direct access to people as high up as the North America CEO. It is an awesome opportunity to have at this huge agency. The people are really nice, and I found HR receptive to my feedback, and even willing to help me make transitions when I saw opportunities to advance. There are also opportunities to participate in projects or pitches. The onus is on the employee to make this place work for your career path. I had to leave suddenly due to personal matter, and the agency was flexible in working with me to make it work when I needed to commute across state lines. Ultimately that became too time consuming, but they understood and I think the fact that they had such a heart was incredible. I thought the pay was fine, but given that it's NYC, could be better. I'll add that I didn't bother negotiating so that could be part of it. The gym and the classes are a huge perk. And at least my team was never run like a sweat shop. I was able to leave the office around 6 everyday unless there was some big project with a quick deliverable. And I never had to take work home. I guess I got lucky.

Cons

While everything there was great, you do need to find the opportunities yourself. Your accomplishments will not be recognized unless you yourself bring them to someone's attention. If you want to move up, you might find that you never will unless you make sure others are recognizing that you're worthy. The cafeteria on site is expensive, but our only real option given the horrible location.

Advice to Management

The "required" reviews are a great practice in theory, but they are not well enforced. I had to go to my manager every time, and multiple times, to schedule my reviews. Like I said, everything is based on initiative of the employee, but it might have been nice for my accomplishments to have been recognized without me having to toot my own horn.

"Great company name, great people."

Current Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I have been working at OgilvyOne full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are genuine and truly live up to the "teaching hospital" reputation. There's a current energy towards making the work better, more interesting, and more exciting. The push for collaboration is at an all time high.

Cons

The creative dept. is understaffed, which means Creatives are stretched too thin. Creative career development and salary (for current employees) is not consistently strong across the board, so people leave quickly.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to Creative career development. Their growth process is different from Account's, so the evaluation process should also be different. Also, please be honest about incoming assignments - don't hype it up to be more than it is.

10. "Great Brand, Great Company"

Former Employee - Vice President, Account Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President, Account Director in New York, NY

I worked at OgilvyOne full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart people
    Great client list
    Great brand built on fantastic history

Cons

Size - difficult to maneuver some times