Ojas Wellness Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Ojas Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Therapists have a lot of tools to work with in the treatment room: heat packs, hot stones, essential oils, tiger balm and biofreeze. I like having a lot of autonomy to build treatment plans with the clients that I see. Front desk staff and other employees are really friendly and supportive. I like working for a locally owned company.

Cons

staff room is disconnected and far away in my location- sometimes cold, but otherwise, no complaints!

Advice to Management

Management does a nice job of setting clear expectations but not micromanaging employees. Everyone is really NICE- great place to work.

2. "Work"

Pros

They had a lot of extra stuff therapist did not have to bring in themselves hot towels stone Tigard balm etc

Cons

It was impossible to try and get a day off. It was impossible to get some one to cover for you if you were sick. The owners would constantly change things then decide they don't work and change them back. It is impossible to try and get our own bodies worked on because of all the restriction when or when we cannot receive a massage.

Advice to Management

The owners need to be more present at all the locations. I imagin there are employees that have never even met them. The owners need to stop hiding by computer screen and emails. It is impersonal and shows a lack for any kind of concern for their employees. Take care of your employees and keep them happy. If your employees are happy your guest will be happy.

3. "Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Every day you come into work to a beautiful environment with like-minded people. Every day you get to be part of something great. We are here helping people feel better! There isn't any better job than that! The staff is friendly and will usually jump in to help out in any situation. The store managers genuinely care about their employees and want to make it a great working environment.

Cons

You wouldn't think it because our whole purpose is to make people feel better and de-stress, but stressful situations do come up. However, you can always reach out to someone to help. They are always a phone call away.

Advice to Management

Let's keep on working towards the goal of making people feel better and keeping a family atmosphere.

Ojas Wellness Center Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Director of Bodywork

Thank you for the great review! We are a family of wellness-minded people, indeed! We are continuing to improve our management teams and communication goals to make Ojas an AMAZING place to call home!

"The most amazing place I have ever worked! And it doesn't feel like work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I never in a million years imagined that I would wake up excited to go to my job. And not only do I wake up happy, but I leave every day, grateful and accomplished. From the clients and therapists, to the front desk staff and management, you will never find a more loving, accepting and understanding team. Everyone works together to help resolve problems and accomplish goals. The support I feel everyday is like nothing I have ever felt before. The owner and management are involved and truly care about the well being of the company and the staff. They are not distant like other corporate companies. This is a locally owned company and you can tell that they are passionate and care about their employees. They are open minded to new ideas and ways of doing things. The company is extremely organized, stable, and structured. It is obvious why so many people love Ojas and why they keep coming back.

Cons

None. All of my needs are being met by working for this wonderful business. If you are passionate, energetic, and genuine, you will love working here.

Advice to Management

None. Customer service is incredible and the management really cares about the well being of their team.

"Amazing company with growth potential!"

Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Baltimore, MD

Pros

When I go into work I am excited and instantly rejuvenated when I enter my location. The therapists and estheticians I work with are the most passionate people who give their all every single day to their clients. Being able to work for a company that truly makes a difference in so many peoples lives is incredibly rewarding. Ojas' commitment to exceptional client service is astounding and makes me so proud to say that I am a manager for this company. There is room for growth and the owners genuinely care about their employees-we are not and never have been a number to them. If you're looking for a fulfilling career with a company who knows what they're doing and is continuously growing-Ojas is the way to go. I have been with the company for a little over a year and have been graciously given the role as Manager of one of their four locations.

Cons

This company is amazing.

"Massage Therapist"

Current Employee - Massage Therapist
    Current Employee - Massage Therapist

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, positive work environment, family oriented, all supplies provided, you will be booked (I was from the beginning), cleanliness and no gossip/drama. Great opportunity to build rapport and experience in industry for beginning therapist. Any schedule changes needed will be fulfilled with ease.

Cons

Although great opportunity for beginning therapist receiving a raise is a laughing matter. Although my retention and member conversions are only average not over the hills and across the moon I could've received some acknowledgement for my efforts, even 50 cent would have motivated more then zilch.. C'mon. Unless you're not responsible for any bills id keep that in mind. Which leads to lack of growth and continued momentum. If you want to grow and expand in this industry don't become complacent here or anywhere else. youre responsible for converting clients into members which sure will lead them to come back hopefully to you again but it shouldn't be held against me if they don't join! I don't want to sell ojas I want to "sell" my massage, that's not something I want to be responsible for. Great for consistent bookings but as stated before don't become too comfortable if your long term goal is to expand and grow. I find that's hard to do within any company in this industry, you have to draw up a plan and invest in yourself for that satisfaction!!! Unless you're comfortable with stagnation... Also, requesting off requires you to make up for that shift or finding someone who will. That seems a little inconsiderate, if it were for therapist who continued to r/o fine but that their policy in general. Hmm

Advice to Management

Your success should never be placed in the hands of others so advisement to them is irrelevant!

Ojas Wellness Center Response

Jul 18, 2016 – Director of Bodywork

At Ojas, our goal is to be of service to our clients, and provide a great service at a great price, and for our therapists to be able to make a great living! We check in regularly with our therapists... More

"Should not be called a "wellness center"."

Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Licensed Massage Therapist in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good starter for new therapists
    Opportunities are great if your just looking to float and not expand upon your practice

Cons

Lack of growth
    High burnout rate due to being overworked
    Low pay
    Little consideration for employees personal days off and self care
    High turnover rate of front desk staff
    Very little training of front desk staff members, this caused confusion between clients and therapist
    Very little promotion for acupuncture and esthetician
    Companies principles are misleading; they say wellness but are driven by greed

Advice to Management

You have lost sight on what wellness truly means. Body and light workers, being enployees look to their companies for support, and from my experience you just use them for your own greed and personal gain only. Classify your business as a Spa since wellness is not something you think your employees are entitled to. The greed invested in this company will taint everything and continue to convolute alternative healthcare choices for the public.

"Not Recommended for Anyone - entry-level or otherwise"

Pros

Work with interesting and knowledgeable people (though the turnover is obviously extremely high) Pleasant atmosphere
    Clients are generally enthusiastic interested and happy to be there

Cons

The biggest problem is that the ownership and management is horrible (inept; irrational; greedy; deceptive)
    Everyone employed here is underpaid and often overworked; more than that the way we were collectively treated was nothing short of insane
    There is no reason at this point to go into detail but I promise you do not want to work here

"I LOVE OJAS"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Ojas Wellness Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is amazing to work for owners that have been in your shoes in the past. They can relate to anything you are going through and help you at anytime. They will brainstorm with you to solve anything that comes your way.

The people that work at Ojas are all so genuinely nice and will go above and beyond for their coworkers and clients.

I have never worked in a more positive, peaceful environment than Ojas.

Cons

No cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it going, it is awesome!

"Love my work family"

Current Employee - Manager in Pikesville, MD
    Current Employee - Manager in Pikesville, MD

Pros

It sounds cliche to say we are a family here ,but we really are! I love everyone I work with. It is the best group of genuine, intelligent and caring people I've ever had the privilege to know, and even better to work with. They genuinely care about you at Ojas, you're not just another employee to them, your thoughts , opinions and feelings are valued. I go in to work daily happy to be a part of a company so devoted to improving the quality of life for everyone it encounters.

Cons

There should be an Ojas in every state so you can all Experience rejuvenation at its best 😄