Ok-City Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

"Best Decision!"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Ok-City Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Every person that I have worked with is so inspiring. Everyone has this mentality, work ethic and goals to accomplish. If you are good you move through the training quickly. You basically set your own pace. The Senior management is very motivating. When you do well within the company you will from time to time get some kind of incentive. The opportunity is almost unbelievable! You can travel all over the place, meet so many people, and thats just part of the training!!! Once you hit management its a whole other ballgame of opportunities. As long as you never stop growing, you will never stop advancing.

Cons

some long hours, but you get 100% out of what you put into it. If you don't put in the effort you will not go far.

Advice to Management

pace yourself

"Great if you're needing experience."

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ok-City Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot about interviewing and marketing for different types of products. It also teaches you a lot about yourself and I grew a lot as a person.

Cons

Not a job you want if you're not willing to put the work in everyday. Compensation is good when you work hard/not for your typical 9-5er.

Advice to Management

Management does a lot to help you reach personal goals. Something that was definitely new to me and I appreciated it.

"Marketing Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager In Training in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager In Training in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ok-City Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot about how to market different clients but most of all I learned a lot about leadership. I took this as my first opportunity after college and I learned everything I needed to know about business and was the perfect training to get me to management.

I learned a lot here but the main thing I was impressed by were the values of the company. The environment was very positive and everyone was happy to be there.

Cons

I left the position because of personal conflicts but have no absolute negatives about the job. I learned a lot from the time I served there.

"Fraud Alert"

Former Employee - Event Planner in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Event Planner in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ok-City Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of anything good to say about a company that kies to every single new employee. Your a fool to take a job with this company.

Cons

The company openly lies to persective employees about the job and salary. I was hired as an event planner but like everyone else wound up in sales at a Sams club. Long hours and low pay. During the process of being hired you are sold a bill of goods, but the real job you are hired for is sales at Sams.

Advice to Management

Be honest about the real job. Sales at Sams club

"Great Company, even better Opportunity---Entry Level Position"

I have been working at Ok-City Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You do not have to have experience or a degree. They give you all of the tools you need to be successful. It is a full time entry-level position and they promote within the company. There is a lot of work that goes into it, and you gain a lot of useful experience. Even if you decide the opportunity isn't for you, you will walk away with something. Paid Travel is a plus and if you ever have an issue with where you are staying they work to fix it ASAP no matter the hour. They are really good about working with your schedule

Cons

A lot of hard work. They do not just hand you a promotion. You really have to understand why you are doing what you are doing.

"Not good"

Current Employee - Management Trainee
    Current Employee - Management Trainee

I have been working at Ok-City Promotions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can't think of any

Cons

They are so disorganized, and it basically selling products at SAMs club that is your whole job. Also they lie about compensation... Don't believe them.

Advice to Management

Is there management?

"If you are a competent salesperson, you will succeed at this position, but turnover is extremely high"

Pros

incentives for sales, interview experience

Cons

travel in less than desirable hotels, lots of hours committed for very little compensation

Advice to Management

put your people in better hotels that don't get them sick