Oklahoma Technical College Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2019

3.4
Oklahoma Technical College Founder and CEO Teresa Knox (no image)
Teresa Knox
  1. "school"

in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Oklahoma Technical College for less than a year

Pros

great school for welding and tech,

Cons

enjoyed the school, and learned alot

2. "Micro-management, poor working conditions, hostile work environment"

1.0
    Current Employee - HVAC/R Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Technical College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Students were here to learn and positive

Cons

Management never backed the instructors so it created a revolving door atmosphere. Not nearly enough equipment to keep students busy. They advertise a balanced hands on with 50-50 paper instruction, but with 1 working A/C system per 5+ students, hands on was impossible, you should always under promise but over deliver, that idea falls on deaf ears at OTC. Sell, sell, sell; then if that does not work, blame the instructors, not the sales people. Management encourages animosity between co-workers because image is more important than substance.

3. "Instructor"

2.0
    HVAC/R Instructor

I have been working at Oklahoma Technical College for less than a year

Pros

A great chance to teach students Heating and Cooling

Cons

school does not take out the time to develop the instructors

4. "I enjoy my job and look forward to work everyday."

Current Employee - Customer Relations Specialist in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Oklahoma Technical College full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff and instructors are all amazing. Students are our top priority and they are NOT just a number here. Students seem to have fun in class. Our career services gal goes above and beyond the call helping our students with placements when the time is right. The barber program cuts my hair and it looks amazing. Our campus director is always there for all of us when we need her. I feel like OTC is an extension of my family. HR department knew the perfect place for me and I couldn't be any happier with my job, those I work with, the students, and prospects I meet along the way. Wonderful people all around using talents God blessed them with for all the right reasons - to serve others so they can move forward in life.

Cons

I don't really have any Cons at this time.

Continue reading
  5. "Caring environment for change and success"

I worked at Oklahoma Technical College full-time for less than a year

Pros

Oklahoma Technical College is a great place to work and go to school. The college stands out for its facility and its caring staff. The faculty are top notch, and the admissions team truly cares about the success of its students. The front desk team, and the financial aid team are all willing to help, and faculty members will take potential students for tours of the facility.

Cons

Some turnover in faculty, but for good reasons and those. Individuals are being replaced well.

6. "Great Employer!"

5.0

Pros

High Tech equipment for instructors to teach on Great Leadership Vacation Time Benefits

Cons

None that I can think of.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews