Found 1,090 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Okta
Jobs in Tech
3 months ago
Applier beware! I had a disappointing interview experience with Okta. Initially recommended, offered the role, and accepted it. However, they rescinded the offer later, citing reevaluation. Communication broke down, emails went unanswered/ ghosted, and internal confusion emerged. The rollercoaster of miscommunication left me deeply disappointed in Okta's professionalism. This experience reflects their values and culture negatively. Others should be cautious about Okta's unprofessionalism.
Got a burning question about Okta? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Okta employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Simply while no company is perfect OKTA provides a great life and culture." (in 105 reviews)
- "Co Founders Great products Great people Widely accepted in marketplace and crushing competition" (in 92 reviews)
- "Pay & Benefits are good" (in 85 reviews)
- "Has a great leadership that cares about the business and the individuals." (in 54 reviews)
- "Pay is good except for this year the stock portion of salaries was eroded by the stock prices slump." (in 48 reviews)
- "No work life balance" (in 36 reviews)
- "Bad management all around." (in 36 reviews)
- "Some of the Managers have no clue on identity but still allocated Director title" (in 30 reviews)
- "Constantly torturing with layoffs all around." (in 11 reviews)
- "No 401k match but the rest of the benefits are pretty good all around" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Okta and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Corporate Account ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsLos Angeles, CA
Great company to work for. They really LIVE the core value of "Love your customers." Treat employees really well. Product WORKS. Documentation is best in class. Support is great.
Territories are too small and quotas are too high.
- 2.0Nov 29, 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
People culture, strong CEO, respectable product.
Lower pay compared to others in industry, tough leaders in management that are self-seeking1
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023MarketingCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsSan Francisco, CA
marketing leading products and brand acts with integrity and transparency prioritizes customers and employees
some tech debt, which it seems we are prioritizing
- 1.0Nov 27, 2023Staff Software EngineerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearBengaluru
Nothing is good in this organization
This company only runs on one person's feedback. To ruin their career they will hire.
- 1.0Nov 24, 2023Account ExecutiveCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsBerlin
The colleagues on lower management are great.
Micromanagement and cutting off expeenses where they can - Dont think about employees and wellbeing. Increasing targets every quarter.1
- 1.0Nov 20, 2023IT Support EngineerFormer Employee, more than 3 years
Get your okta certifications! Learn Okta workflows
They don’t care about D&I The executive team needs diversification.
Okta Reviews FAQs
Okta has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,180 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Okta to a friend and 58% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.
64% of Okta employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Okta 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.