Olathe Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Frank H. Devocelle

Pros
  • Olathe Health System is a great place to work (in 6 reviews)

• Great people, Great benefits, Nice atmosphere (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management seems to take on new ventures, but does not take the time to actually spend time with the employees to see what is involved (in 4 reviews)

• I really can't think of any down side of working at Olathe Health System in Olathe, KS (in 3 reviews)

1. "I like it."

Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Patient Care Tech in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Olathe Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to be if you show up wanting to work. Gave me more per hour than what I expected. Made me feel valued and I'm happy to be able to live a little more comfortably and save in case something happens to me. Plenty of good insurance options.

Cons

It's a job. There's always people who make you want to show up again and people who don't. You learn to make it work. I guess there's one thing: lots of young people who haven't been in the work force very long who complain too much.

Advice to Management

Supervisors here have been very fair.

2. "Patient care tech"

Current Employee - Pct in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Pct in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Olathe Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay with experience. Most people you work with are friendly and helpful. Room to expand or work overtime is available. Patient load is not bad and they go by acuity to make it reasonable to give good care. Great benefits too.

Cons

They could update and add more equipment. Also offer discounts on scrubs and allow different colors. Also the cycle of pay periods starting on Mondays is confusing.

Advice to Management

Update equipment for patient use. Change scrub pants to black...and only have the tops the color needed for people to identify who you are. Even though I am always asked about when a patient gets their meds. I don't give meds so the colors do not matter. Change the start of pay period to Sunday's would be so much easier.

3. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Employment Coordinator in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Olathe Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people work for Olathe Health
    Great task jobs
    Close to home

Cons

Only 6 holiday vacation days

Advice to Management

Encourage employees to voice their opinions and ideas

"Finance Department"

Former Employee - Finance Department in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Finance Department in Olathe, KS

I worked at Olathe Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees want to do their jobs well. Organization continues to prosper in competitive market. Benefit package is comparable to other hospitals.

Cons

Constant turnover due to below market wages, poor communication from management, long uncompensated hours expected from salaried employees, and unfriendly work environment.

Advice to Management

Value your employees by treating them with respect and you might reduce turnover. Stop allowing management to treat employees poorly.

5. "Medical Records Processor"

Former Employee - Medical Record Processor in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Medical Record Processor in Olathe, KS

I worked at Olathe Health full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Management treated everyone fairly; benefits were very good;

Cons

The Hospice/Home Health department got moved to another building that is across the street from the hospital, therefore making it difficult in going back and forth all the time from one building to another one for our Hospice meetings each week.

Advice to Management

No issues.

6. "Phlebotomist"

Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Olathe, KS

I have been working at Olathe Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, recognition from peers or upper management with kudos cards, bonus once a year.

Cons

May not be a good location for some.

"Excelleny"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Pros

It's nice to have an adult job where I also work with true adults! Everyone is so nice and mature!

Cons

Pay could be a little better.

"Clinical RN"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

Pros

The staff are excellent to work with and very supportive. The physicians for the most part are very easy to get along with. Clean and up to date with technology, i.e. EMR charting.

Cons

At first impression, middle management has the appearance of being dysfunctional, unable to improve patient safety, provide adequate staffing, provide equipment when needed, would say one thing but do another. Patient safety is stressed but they continually take away the tools to provide such care. It’s been my experience that upper management does not care and middle management just wants to hold on to their jobs. The middle management that does want to make positive changes usually doesn’t’ last long. They realize that it’s a losing battle and are trapped between upper management, who doesn’t care, and the employees who are trying to make a difference. I was very concerned about my professional license being effected negatively by a management that didn’t want to provide a safe working environment. I cannot work for a company that does not value their patients as people and not numbers! I've seen some very good people leave this place.

Advice to Management

I would like to offer advice and have on many occasions but truly, they don't care. How do you fix that???

"Good people to work with."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olathe, KS

I worked at Olathe Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My co-workers were great, however, the morale was low.

Cons

Less micromanaging would help immensely!

Advice to Management

Stop stifling the growth of your employees with so much micromanagement.

10. "Horrible management from top down"

Former Employee - Lab Tech in Olathe, KS
    Former Employee - Lab Tech in Olathe, KS

Pros

I worked in the hospital and clinics. For the most part the frontline employees truly care about the job and patients.

Cons

Management is horrible. The CEO's favorite line is "Everyone is replaceable ". I was told that by a VP who thought it was a good thing. Doctors and nurses are treated like royalty while all other staff is disposable.
    There is a terribly negative culture that is pervasive throughout the entire organization. The negativity starts from the top down. The IT department resigned in mass twice. They can't keep good staff in any department. As long as senior management remains stagnant and in the old school business model, this health system will continue to be behind all others.

Advice to Management

When I first started at OMC I was so proud to work there. When I left 14 years later I couldn't get out fast enough. You foster a system that lies to each level of management above. None of your senior managers have a clue what is actually happening on the ground. They hear what they want to hear because that's what they have been trained themselves to do. How can you possibly run an organization like that successfully? Begin to realize people have worth beyond just a clock punch. Find out firsthand what's actually going on. Your ears are being tickled by directors and senior management because everyone is fearful. Not a great way to manage.