Found 998 of over 1K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Good pay and put you through their own driver program that gets you actual experience." (in 220 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and retirement fund is generous." (in 117 reviews)
- "Honest people and great experience." (in 34 reviews)
- "Great managers We are kept informed as to how our individual terminal is doing and also the company as a whole." (in 13 reviews)
- "The money was good for the work" (in 12 reviews)
- "Hours are long but acceptable" (in 59 reviews)
- "They use it to target the ppl that stand up to poor management." (in 54 reviews)
- "Too much favoritism Not worth the money No clear cut communication" (in 12 reviews)
- "No overtime until 60 hours" (in 12 reviews)
- "Upper management did not believe in fixed schedules" (in 11 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Old Dominion Freight and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- 5.0Sep 21, 2023Class A Truck DriverFormer Employee, more than 1 yearEsko, MN
Laid back atmosphere, great coworkers, approachable management, just an all around great place to work.
Hours can be long sometimes and some stops can be a bit challenging, but it is LTL so it is expected
- 1.0Aug 22, 2023Dock WorkerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBloomington, CA
This location in Bloomington, Ca has a complete favoritism and bias when it comes to Hispanic race! If you’re not Hispanic and your skin color is darker then a brown paper bag and you out work them, they instantly are intimidated and make all ways possible to excuse your termination! I was laid off for being on my final, after being with the company for 7 years in total, I transferred from Indiana back to California , which is my home town! Was wrote up 4 times due to time clock issues, I would be so into making a difference for old dominion and moving more freight then any one person could, i’d forget to take lunch on the exact 4 hours of my clocking in to work! Also written up for coming back from lunch too early, I was so dedicated to this company that I would loose hours for my self time, and they pay me in gratitude by laying me off less then 90 days after my 18 year old son was killed! What a moralistic company!
They only hire, promote and take care of they’re on kind at the Bloomington, ca location! And they talk about you in their native language, making racial slurs, supervisor, Operations managers, terminal managers and all, the worst person to ever have as your management at this company is Eric!
Old Dominion Freight Reviews FAQs
Old Dominion Freight has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,004 reviews left anonymously by employees. 77% of employees would recommend working at Old Dominion Freight to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.
77% of Old Dominion Freight employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Old Dominion Freight 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.7 for career opportunities.