Old Navy Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Art Peck

Pros
Cons
  • High pressure on getting people to sign up for credit cards and get mobile transactions (in 299 reviews)

• Hard work life balance sometimes (in 87 reviews)

1. "Seasonal Brand Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

50% discount on all GAP brands

Cons

disorganized store, only part time offered only four hour shifts assigned

2. "I love Gap Inc."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Old Navy (More than a year)

Pros

Great discounts, great raise (2 more dollars after 6months), pretty good hours for a retail job.

Cons

It's a retail job so sometimes you get difficult customers.

3. "just ugh"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Pineville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Pineville, NC

I worked at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

discount i and score good deals before customers. also to be able to shop while you work. i worked the fitting room so i didn't have much to do besides shop thru clearance.

Cons

boring and does not pay enough for the amount of cleaning and tidying employees are doing. needs a cleaning staff for bathrooms and back rooms.

Advice to Management

advice to corporate, YOU MAKE ENOUGH MONEY , pay us !

5. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Old Navy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Good for some extra cash

Cons

Every location is not the same as far as work ethic

6. "Sales associate"

Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Gastonia, NC
    Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Gastonia, NC

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% off full priced items

Cons

You get good at saleing old navy cards thats all you do, managers dont care and you work 40 hours a week and get payed 7.75 for 6 months with no chance for advancement

Advice to Management

Care abou tyour employees, give them there breaks.

"Short Sighted"

Former Employee - Department Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Department Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Old Navy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great discount at multiple brands. This is literally the only pro to working for this company. Absolutely no other pros.

Cons

Old Navy made some truly terrible decisions this year. Payroll has been cut so drastically that hundreds of unopened boxes with thousands of units per store sat in the back room the entire holiday season. Every store looked terrible because the priority wasn't recovering stores, it was cutting costs. Customers were unhappy all season. Employee morale is at an all time low, The company is hemorrhaging talent at store level because the working environment is so toxic. The state of every store in the company is a professional embarrassment. This company is also severely behind the times as far as technology. The registers and back office applications are severely out dated.

Advice to Management

Spend some payroll to actually provide customers with a positive experience and give the employees something they can be proud of.

8. "Old Navy Job"

Current Employee - Brand Sales Associate in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Brand Sales Associate in Concord, NC

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun and positive environment, nice people, good pay

Cons

It's always really messy if you're working on the sales floor but if you don't mind folding and hanging up clothes then it can be fun.

9. "Cool place for a part-time job."

Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Concord, NC
    Current Employee - Old Navy Sales Associate in Concord, NC

I have been working at Old Navy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Great hours if you're in college or high school. Everyone is very nice and friendly.

Cons

Too much emphasis on getting credit cards. Should be focused on customer service. Sometimes register employees are favored more.

10. "Great flexible part-time job with exceptional pay."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Flexible scheduling, great pay, can transfer to different locations, good employee discount, managers are strict on giving breaks when scheduled, managers are helpful in finding employees who can trade or take shifts for you,

Cons

Work all holidays except Christmas, can't request holidays off, never usually have weekends off, you have to request weekends off several weeks in advance because only a few employee time off requests are granted for each calendar day; there is little consistency between the different store locations so an employee could transfer and still need training for the store-specific standards, policies and procedures, not to mention that customers' experiences vary from store to store as well and they will point out the differences in our policies and often times get upset because the stores are not on one accord.

Advice to Management

Don't schedule employees' shifts too close together to allow for rest; have managers (and stores) be on one accord to prevent confusion amongst employees; be clear and precise when placing sale signs so that customers can understand -- a lot of customers do the customer surveys JUST so that they can express how frequently this happens and how mad it makes them, hoping that management will eventually take it into consideration; others just leave and never return to the store -- this is one of the biggest things that hurt CES scores (at least at my location). Please don't move merchandise around so much, it confuses both customers and employees. It'll minimize the mistakes made when returning merchandise to the sales floor because employees will know where things are supposed to go. Also, please be sure to train every employee on every station, and thoroughly. The should be no excuse why you can't schedule someone on register because they have not been trained. I cannot express enough how dumb it is that employees who have worked in my location for 3 and 4 years have not been multi-trained, are always scheduled for one position every day, and have no idea how to do shipment or work a register. It'll save you in how many people you have to hire if you just train everybody on everything when they are initially hired (and experienced employees, like me, are more than happy to help!). Overall, there are way more good things than bad, I love working for this company, most of my managers are friendly, approachable, and considerate. I look at my store as a team and the employees and managers like my family. I love coming to work each day!

11. "Slow Growth"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager Trainee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager Trainee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Old Navy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good discount, relaxed atmosphere, young employees

Cons

slow growth, management in training program takes 2 years to complete.

Advice to Management

speed up the training process

Showing 15 of 3,769 reviews