Old Navy Reviews | Glassdoor

Art Peck

3,974 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • I would say there are actually not too many cons, maybe the amount of pushing to open credit cards can get a little annoying but manageable (in 316 reviews)

• Little work-life balance, difficulty scheduling (in 92 reviews)

"Very fun college job."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New Orleans, LA

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Old Navy. The most of the management was awesome. They were very caring and were always willing to help you when needed. My co-workers were great. Most of us were a close group and would always go out after work. The pay was average but I really liked who I worked with. The management always worked with are schedule. I was at school while I worked there and they would work around. Is is great to work for a company that will do that. Old navy was an excellent job that I worked at.

Cons

There were a couple of cons. The frist con was I had one manager I did not care for. There were times when we were supposed to get off at closing but we would have to stay until everything was nice and perfect. There were times we stayed 2 or 3 hours late just to get everything done. If only she would have had a life. Another con was when we got a new manager who would do the hiring she woud pay the new associates more than the people who were experienced. So the new people were making more money than the ones who had been there at least a year.

Advice to Management

The District Manager usually came by once every 3 months. One thing that I have always found funny about retail is the District Managers always announced when they were coming. When we found out when she was coming two days before we would stay and make sure everything was spotless. It was a different store.

"I love working at old navy!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Annapolis, MD

Pros

the people i work with are amazing. i started out with more than minimum wage.

Cons

nothing really. you have to deal with customers that arent really friendly, but oh well..

Advice to Management

they should advertise that dogs are allowed in the store. I hate that every time someone brings there dog into the store we have more than one customer harassing the owner of the dog to get the dog out of the store because they don't know that we do allow them.

3. "Old navy is easy, and relaxing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

Pros

this job is great, there are easy shift hours, and lots of independent work. the people are friendly, and motivated to help you move forward with jobs.

Cons

probablly, the clothing and display upkeep. There are soo many people who come to old navy aand dont treat it with respect, and throw unwanted clothing on the floor.

Advice to Management

Stay motivated and happy when at work, and dont mix, business with pleasure. And dont treat other employees, like dogs, but people.

4. "OVerall a Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Lawrenceville, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Lawrenceville, NJ

Pros

The company was pretty flexible with hours. The management had a keen sense of which associates had potential for advancement.

Cons

Working late hours and weekends (it's retail, what can you expect?), The following is based on what happened 2 years ago, but the pay could've been a little more competitive.

Advice to Management

I haven't been following the company as closely as a few years ago, but the company seems to be on the right track. Keep up the good work!

5. "Great first job experience"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Manassas, VA

Pros

It was a very laid back enviroment (at my location, at least). There are a variety of things to do so it's rarely ever monotonous. You're either doing the fitting room or the womens or mens or kids section. The team-work aspect of it was great. You are rarely ever in a section by yourself. The break system was great.

Cons

Annoying coworkers, but that can be a con at virtually any job. I can't think of too many cons particular to Old navy.

Advice to Management

Give employees the option of training to be a cashier.

6. "Work with Management and they will work with you!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Lakewood, CO

Pros

Fun, laid back environment, great discounts, chill dress code, fun managers/ co-workers, strong communication from higher ups, TONS of recognition and consistent training

Cons

closing can be a bear.. people claw through clothes excessively compared to other retail stores, Old Navy Card quotas can be overwhelming and frustrating!

Advice to Management

continue with communication.. this is part of the reason I felt so comfortable at ON

7. "Great place to grow!"

Pros

Pay competitive, internal movement great! upper manager support excellent!

Cons

Medical benefits could improve gap dollars are confusing to medical billing

Advice to Management

Ensure you continue to keep equal performance pressure balanced with praises.

8. "You can move up in the company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Pros

They love there customers and make them the major focus. The work very hard to show love for their employees.

Cons

At times part time employees may not get many hours. But for the most part their are not many cons to working for old navy

Advice to Management

I would give them the advice to make sure that employees are really being treated how the company would like them to be treated because that make a difference on employee turnover

9. "Loved working there, good first job."

Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Associate in Torrance, CA

Pros

Management is nice, very diverse, accepting , and comfortable place to work. Casual dress code and awesome employee discount, including other Gap Inc stores.

Cons

Nothing bad about the company or location, customers can be rude and demanding but that's with any profession when you work with the general public.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. One note, try to get more working walkies, that was a hassle, and made the job a little harder.

10. "Rewarding Position with Healthy Challenges"

Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Branson, MO
    Current Employee - Service and Training Manager in Branson, MO

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Given the necessary tools and resources to succeed
    Store Leadership acts professionally and genuinely cares about the customers/associates
    Generous benefits

Cons

Company wide policies and procedures can change very often

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on the customer, both external and internal. As long as the people are happy, the company will prosper in sales and continue to have a following.

Showing 3,974 of 3,991 reviews