Old Republic Home Protection Reviews | Glassdoor

Gwen Gallagher

1. "ORHP REVIEW"

Former Employee - Service Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Service Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection (More than a year)

Pros

ORHP is great in their training process, even as a temp employee you are provided with all the tools to operate in the home warranty industry with customer service being a top focus.

Cons

This company, as in any other, is need based and with that they utilize temporary employees in majority to operate leaving limited opportunity for permanent employment.

2. "Too many chefs in one pot."

Current Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hours are good. Close to plenty of lunch options. The bus runs fraud fly. They pay for a shuttle if you park in the Bishop Ranch Garage.

Cons

Employees lack accountability. Management is spotty at best, no accountability. Employee theft is an issue. Not enough parking for employees. Management would rather you get the client off the phone than actually service them. Plan holders DO NOT read their plans so they have unrealistic expectations of their plan coverage. Promotions/growth are 100% political and do not have anything to do with actual performance. Hood attitude.

Advice to Management

Pay the people who control the money/plan payment better. Listen to your employees. Promote the people who do their job well and actually WORK instead of the people who are all talk and no action.

"ORHP REVOLVING DOORS!"

Former Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Authorizaton Agent in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Provide Some Rushed Training with formers Authorization Agents who hated taking calls in the authorization Department but now reassigned to&differen positions as trainers.

Cons

Training Are Rushed-High Over Turns Rate-Over Stressed Supervisors

Advice to Management

Rethink training strategies and focus on quality of service provided to plan holders instead of meeting metric goals...provide support to Authorization Agents by assisting them to meet orhp performance standard

"Dont get sucked in to this hell hole"

Former Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pro's to working here
    Maybe you get lucky and find the ONE good supervisor.
    Some co-workers are awesome

Cons

No advancement opportunities
    No flexibility (even in emergency situations)
    No help from HR
    Work conditions
    Supervisors are not held accountable
    Call center manager is a terrible human being

Advice to Management

I worked here for 2 years and it was the worst job i have EVER had. When u first come in to the company they try to brainwash you into thinking that with hard working they might toss you a bone, well 2 years went by and nothing! Not once did i have a review of my performance although i constantly brought it up to my supervisors attention. This job is the definition of a DEAD END JOB they work you like a slave and when u complain about anything they fire you and fight so u cant collect EDD. Everything is outdated including the working conditions the carpet is old and dirty and stinks at one point there were even people getting bites from bugs GROSS! Do yourself a favor steer clear from this place!

"Great company for entry level customer service experience"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection (More than 8 years)

Pros

They embrace the people helping people philosophy, Excellent training, diverse employer.

Cons

Tenure average is +10 years. No room for growth.

Advice to Management

Transition from Supervisors to team leads in the call center. There are too many titles and it can be ineffective/confusing when trying to communicate to direct reports.

"Hell-hole"

Former Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

one great trainer, the others are a joke
    "organized" 10 week training process

Cons

HR is a joke, i was accused of bullying a fellow coworker and they fired me because of it
    I doubt they even looked into it.

Advice to Management

Hire better HR peope. Im studying HR and they did not go through the proper channels

"Job with no future, an absolute joke."

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Honestly, absolutely no pro's at all........

Cons

Management is terrible, sit around and talk all day. This is the true definition of a dead end job. Very high turnover, a lot of work for low pay. The workload doesn't equal the pay.The crappy company will send you to HR to talk about your 401k and will have someone emptying out your desk. What a horrible company...............

Advice to Management

Catch a clue, for you are lost.........

"Be Friendly, Don't Think, Don't Care, Don't Strive to Improve and You'll do Fine."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's better than being unemployed

Cons

They have a very complex claims business, which they choose to view as a call center. Consequently they hire people for customer service skills, not for their ability to read, analyze and make decisions. They are constantly implementing systems to attempt to compensate for the fact that their employees aren't qualified for the work they do.

They do a lot of things to give the impression that they care (Halloween dress-up and buying pizza, for example), but when it comes to things that really matter, they fail. I worked for the company for 12 years, have a raise for over 5 years, despite consistently excellent performance appraisals. was then given the choice of commuting 200 miles daily or losing my job. The real kicker - after they fired me they told EDD I voluntarily quit, so I was denied benefits.

The CEO is so last century (mind you I'm almost 60, so this is quite a statement) she has everything printed out to read from a hard-copy.

They ask your opinion, but usually have their mind made up before asking the question. There wasn't a single time in the past 4-5 years I felt like a single thing I said was heard. There is a huge disconnect between their stated values and how they actually treat people.

10. "All you do is sit at a computer and authorize work orders. Simple."

Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Authorization Agent in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It takes no mental or physical energy.

Cons

You learn nothing and it is a dead end job.

Advice to Management

Management is lazy.

11. "SO FAR SO GOOD .. PRAYING FOR LONGEVITY WITH ORHP ...."

I have been working at Old Republic Home Protection full-time

Pros

They have an amazing training program, PRESIDENT, management staff and the amazing Romel in TAPS ... I feel that they set you up fir success the ball is in your court and it's up to you to either drop it or dunk it. They are family oriented and full of positive energy. I plan on being with ORHP for the long haul. If you join ORHP you will love it and the president love's beyonce lol.

Cons

I am a little nervous about getting on the phones seeing that I've never worked in a live call center setting, but I'm hoping that whatever team I join that they will coach and assist me which I have no doubts they won't.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! A little more flexibility with scheduling if possible for those with medical issues.