Cover image for Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Part of Darden
Is this your company?

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants

Add a Review

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants Employee Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Updated Dec 1, 2021

Olive Garden Italian Restaurants CEO Gene Lee
Gene Lee
2,153 Ratings

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "money was good and if you were good at your job the more hours they gave(in 433 reviews)
  • "Great tips and coworkers.(in 366 reviews)
  • "Very trustworthy and good pay(in 345 reviews)
  • "I'm a student and they're great about giving me flexible hours to work around my schedule.(in 332 reviews)
  • "Meet great people and you’ll love it(in 315 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Olive Garden Italian Restaurants and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "flexible schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love working here

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fork, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, flexible schedule, and great people.

Cons

Late nights, weekend shifts, holiday shifts.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of work, low tips (2.5 Year EXP)

Nov 15, 2021 - Server
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, Small menu and low barrier-to-entry job. Teaches you how to handle stressful situations. Decent lessons can be learned about serving. This job definitely made me a better server when I transitioned into a different job. I don't advise staying here longer than 6-12 months.

Cons

Unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks is by far the most time consuming aspect of the job. This menu is oriented around given the guest the "best value" possible. This inturn means your tips will be $6-15 per table at most. The amount of workload can also be overwhelming. Servers fight over breadsticks because there is never enough to meet the demand. $6 Drinks, Unlimited Soup/Salad/ Breadsticks, $5 to go entrees, and unlimited pasta bowls bring cliental that is not going to pay more than 15% on each check. Also you are required to share parties of 8 or more with another server. Using the ziosk is helpful for checks but my job was threatened multiple times if I didnt keep an 80%+ checkout on ziosk score. I was placed on "employment provision" for this. Finally I was written up because a party of 4 (A couple, a grandma and a baby) dine and dashed on me when I left to grab a bread bag. Please consider my review thoroughly. I work at a new restaurant now that my workload in half and I make over 3x what I made at Olive Garden.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great first time job

Jul 20, 2021 - Togo Specialist in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, transferable positions = guaranteed job, good money for short hours, guest interactions are quick, growth within the company is easy and encouraged.

Cons

It’s a customer service position so you’ll be yelled at by guests, standards change based on location, you’re typically working with younger people with little to no work ethic so you might find yourself picking up a lot of slack if you are the type of person that cares about standards being met and working as a team. Ultimately, there’s no reason to go “above and beyond” unless you’re looking to move up in the company.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was okay

Oct 27, 2021 - Host/Hostess in Harrisonburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They worked with me to created a flexible schedule as I am still a university student.

Cons

As a host you only get a break if you worked a double shift, even if your shift was 8 hours long.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very welcoming and warm to new emplyees

Nov 1, 2021 - To Go Specialist in Danville, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-very warm to new employees -very good at inspiring -flexible schedule -good income plus tips

Cons

inconsistent management can be frustrating

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good First Job!

Jul 1, 2021 - Server/Togo Specialist in Panama City, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Olive Garden offered flexible scheduling and competitive pay.

Cons

Good work ethics are punished rather than rewarded. Little positive reinforcement. Many shifts were worked without proper materials. Covid practices were a joke, in the beginning i was told “if you do not feel comfortable working without a mask it is advised that you do not work” insisting we were not allowed to wear face coverings to begin with.

1 person found this review helpful