KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 336 of over 366 reviews

4.6
Oliver James Managing Director James Rogers
James Rogers
Pros
  • "OJ cares about it’s people and it cares about performance - suits me perfectly(in 46 reviews)

• "The staff are rewarded for their hard work- lots of staff entertainment(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, but you want to give it your all(in 73 reviews)

• "Long working hours and stress to hit KPIs (expected in any recruitment jobs), but you are encouraged to take breaks)(in 30 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Excellent company!

Sep 15, 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Targets are desk focused. Not a one size fits all! You have the possibility of earning $100k+ in your first year! Unreal commission scheme (Temp & perm) Great culture. Real team environment where all divisions work in unison and cross sell. Diverse culture. Great D&I outlook. Everyone is personable and approachable. Very social office. Friday drinks. Quarterly events. Monthly MVP awards! Recruitment isn’t an easy gig. You get out what you put in. But if you want to earn 200k+ a year then this is the place!

Cons

401k isn’t matched and only kicks in after 12months being on the job.

Oliver James Response

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you are enjoying your time at Oliver James. Your feedback has been passed onto our management team and we wish you every success in your role with us.

2. 5.0

Supportive environment, great culture

Aug 30, 2021 - Delivery Consultant in Charlotte, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a very supportive environment. Whether is be the little wins or promotions, the team is always there to help with both your personal and professional development. Great culture--The team is big on supporting balance in their employees' lives. Though some days you work longer than others, incentives are trickled in to ensure you are enjoying the work you are doing and the environment you are in.

Cons

I do wish there was more of a hybrid schedule to allow more days to work from home, but they are flexible when it is needed.

3. 5.0

Excellent Place to work!

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really have loved working at Oliver James since starting in January of 2021. The team is collaborative, kind, and high performing. We've put up huge numbers from a billing standpoint which is great - it means every team is succeeding and there is a lot of money being made. The environment is great from an L&D standpoint, tons of hands on training with their P&P team. The office is in a great spot and offers an open environment. Overall, I've loved all the activities that the company does - monthly socials and summer Fridays. It's a very hard working group but everyone is friendly and knows how to have fun. Definitely would recommend this company for people with all backgrounds - entry level up to highly experienced. Another big perk is the PTO benefits - 5 sick days, 5 personal days, 15 PTO days, and 1 week off at the end of the year between Christmas and New Years. I've never had so much time off, and it's great how much the company encourages employees to use their time off.

Cons

401k doesn't kick in till 1 year in the business which isn't great. The benefits are good (United Healthcare) which is a plus but not sure what they offer for new parents or people thinking about having children. Aside from that, management is great - very open to new ideas.

4. 5.0

Fun Atmosphere And Easily Make 6 Figures Before 25 If You Work Hard

Aug 13, 2021 - Managing Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Classic staffing atmosphere: extremely young, energetic, money driven, extroverted people. Constant happy hours with cool people who like to work hard and reward themselves on Thursday and Friday. -I've been in the industry for 6 years now and have compared OJ's comp plan to a ton of different firms. This is easily in the top 3 comp plans. The earning potential is unbelievable. I have blown my friends out of the water in how much I've made under 30 years old and half of them work for a big 4. -Management cares... if you care. It is a ton of work, and over whelming at first. If you want to make money and be successful just keep your head down and do what the top billers/ mngmt says. If you're lazy or show you don't care they will let you sink and focus their time on those who want to be there as they should. - Flexible and understanding with WFH and dress code. Just don't take advantage. - Great percs like a quarterly lunch club for top performers, an annual trip which everyone is invited to, not just top billers, and monthly happy hours/ activities. - A TON of growth potential and they're flexible. Want to be a heads down sales person forever? They wont push you into management like a ton of other places. Want to run your own desk, but take on some management? They're cool with it. They're always listening for new ideas on how to grow and how to make more money.

Cons

- Feels a little too structured sometimes: most people in staffing are very go with the flow, work hard, and run your own desk. If my bottom line looks good I like to have some freedom. If I want my lunch pushed back 20 minutes, or need to deal with something personal I think I should be allowed to do that. I shouldn't be worried about running into the office at exactly 2PM especially if my numbers are there. -Too obsessed with the little numbers: The bottom line numbers should be the ones that are scrutinized such as hires, interviews, client meetings, CVs submitted. Little BS numbers like call numbers, or contacts added are of course important, but it doesn't need to be an obsessive thing. - Wish there were more benefits like cell phone stipend, or commuting help.

1 person found this review helpful

5. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Na

Sep 21, 2021 - Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing much to say here

Cons

Work culture is not good

Oliver James Response

It’s disappointing to read that your experience of the Oliver James New York office was not a positive one. We take the happiness and well-being of our employees very seriously and we aim to provide an inclusive culture where everyone can learn, develop, succeed, and most importantly, enjoy their work. Your comments have been passed onto our management team, however, if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please feel to reach out to us. We wish you every success in the future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture with brilliant people!

Aug 12, 2021 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

People listen, adapt and take on feedback One of the company values is 'Love it' and they really mean it, all of management and leadership want people to love their job and what they do!

Cons

They need more people focused on delivery

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Sale's manager

Jul 12, 2021 - REGIONAL SALE S MANAGER in America, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice and cool and very entertaining

Cons

Sometimes boring and stressful Work

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Smart people, bad culture

Jul 8, 2021 - Delivery Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

learned a lot from senior management

Cons

work environment was not ideal

Marketing

It’s disappointing to read that your experience of the Oliver James New York office was not a positive one. We take the happiness and well-being of our employees very seriously and we aim to provide an inclusive culture where everyone can learn, develop, succeed, and most importantly, enjoy their work. As a company, we recognise and value honest and constructive feedback – it’s how we continue to grow and improve both as a business and employer – and Glassdoor is no exception to this. Your comments have been passed onto our management team, however, if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please feel to reach out to us. We wish you every success in the future

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work

Jun 23, 2021 - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Enjoyable place to work, fun culture , competitive and demanding environment. Have seen improvements for females/American leaders in the business, but still some work to do.

Cons

Hours - obviously this is industry Stress- to hit targets/billing

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Team member

May 25, 2021 - Sales Associate
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice staff in this facility

Cons

Underpay hard to move up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 336 Reviews

Oliver James Reviews FAQs

92% of Oliver James employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Oliver James 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Oliver James to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be benefits, work life balance.

Popular Careers with Oliver James Job Seekers