I worked at Oliver Wyman full-time (More than a year)
Great culture, strong credentials globally, good people
India office in growth phase
Everyone responds to problems in a timely manner. People are nice to get along with and they are willing to teach you whatever you don't understand.
People are pretty busy, but it's a good company for those who seek to grow.
always learn from the associate
quite good for beginner learner
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Review
I worked at Oliver Wyman full-time (More than 3 years)
Incredibly stimulating environment - truly smart people
Truly nerd colleagues. Work is very very number heavy, little strategic thinking is expected.
Advice to Management
Live your mission and brand, stop aspiring to be / competing with McKinsey / BCG / Bain: OW is great, and is in a different type of game
I worked at Oliver Wyman (Less than a year)
- Gute Work/Life Balance im Vergleich zu anderen Beratungen
- Sehr motivierte, hilfsbereite und intelligente Kollegen
- Sehr internationales Staffing (wenn erwünscht)
- Steile Lernkurve
- Regelmäßiges Feedback
- Möglichkeit, Upward Feedback zu geben (=Vorgesetzte zu bewerten)
- Keine, die mir spontan einfallen
I have been working at Oliver Wyman full-time (More than a year)
-The people - OW has a supportive, meritocratic culture focused on both personal and professional development
-The work - OW uses deep expertise to get the right answer to real problems; partners and managers are hands on
-More focus is needed on relationship building / communicating the "right answer" to clients
-Work life balance is better than 2 years ago, but there is still room for improvement
While there is a global staffing model, don't join NY if you don't want to do FS at some point (I chose OW NY because of FS - undergrads should do their due diligence and not expect to do work that the firm doesn't sell)
I have been working at Oliver Wyman full-time
Corporate culture, flexibility, growth opportunities, laid back environment.
Does not enjoy the name recognition of some of its competitors
I have been working at Oliver Wyman full-time (More than 3 years)
Great people, very good content and skillful environment
In the small local offices there are few opportunities to grow.
I have been working at Oliver Wyman full-time (More than 5 years)
Very down to earth company full of extra smart people. Not obnoxiously competitive. Non-hierarchical. I do interesting work & feel my efforts are rewarded.
Travel can be a taxing but the company supports ideas for making it things work if you have an alternative idea. The bottom line is we need to be at the client, but as much as they can, managers are open to flexibility. I'm especially grateful I'm not required to go into the office when not at the client; working from home is a real thing since I'm judged on my output.
Advice to Management
Keep up the open dialogue about flexible working arrangements; I'm so impressed by senior management's attention to work/life balance.
I worked at Oliver Wyman full-time
- Great compensation
- Office full of nice people
- Nice reputation and strong firmwide growth
- Sometimes oversea project opportunities
- Speciality in financial services provides deeper and focused consulting experience
- Politics among senior management: A lot of disunity, hard to see management getting along together in the firm, lack of communication among partners regarding staffing
- Work-life balance: Korean clients are tough and consulting is a difficult business, but even worse, senior management does not really care about your morale or work-life balance
- Repetitive project topics: Focused purely on financial services (mostly insurance), so not a great place if you want experience in diverse industries
Advice to Management
Change is desperate needed, aggressively recruit more people at the senior level, and re-grow the non-finance business. Also, stop thinking of employees as 'resources' to deplete. They are interested in building a career, so you should help them build their careers in the firm, not just utilize them as much as possible.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?