OliverMcMillan Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Morgan Dene Oliver

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Life Changing Experience"

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OM is the classiest real estate development and property management company out there! Working for them in Atlanta changed my life in many ways. It was wonderful to be a part of such class and culture! Dene Oliver, the owner of this company is one of the most humble, gracious and successful people you'd ever meet. He's the reason why this team is great to work with because great leadership starts at the top! Everyone falls in line.

Cons

As in all property management locations, you never know when the building may sell. It's the nature of this business.

Advice to Management

Keep on caring for your employees the way that you do! It means everything! Miss you much! Come back to Atlanta! ;)

"A joke of a company"

I worked at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere, projects and first impressions are great and extremely appealing. But this is only skin deep! The offices are beautiful and some of the perks are good!

Cons

The executive team is a joke. Their so called culture is forced and if you aren't in their little click you do not matter. Don't know how to run a successful business. Their investors should be very cautious as the markets met they spend (waste) would make any one cringe! They do not have upstanding morals and the environment will break any normal hardworking smart employee. They just can't help themselves! All positive reviews on this page are a hoax as they asked employees and incentivized employees to write good reviews!

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great developments with stunning design and architecture. Great visionary CEO who knows how to make amazing things happen with this company.

Cons

Nothing I can think of right now.

"Run Away As Fast As You Can"

I worked at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Innovative, upscale projects that are thoughtfully designed

Cons

OliverMcmillan has a lot to learn about running a business. The executive team is a disaster of unqualified and misinformed individuals. For a company that invests as heavily in "culture," you'd think HR would be at the core of driving the message; however, HR is a group of clueless high school children looking to be cool. Great employees leave very quickly after they realize the dysfunction that exists within this company.

Between the weekly scandals and unappreciative leadership team, I highly advise any potential employee to do your homework before joining this company.

Advice to Management

Resign

"Beware..."

Pros

Gorgeous office. Free lunch Fridays. Fun co-workers. Exciting developments.

Cons

Selfish upper management. Horrible benefits.

"While Tempting..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Pros

OliverMcMillan is a company that has great ideas but does not have the right "executives" team and leadership steering the company to success. The projects are interesting, beautifully designed (but extremely over-budget), and cutting edge which makes working for this company tempting. Dene Oliver has great vision for the projects but it stops at him.

Cons

Where to even begin here...
    1.) The "executive (but not so executive) committee" is completely out of touch with what is happening in the company.
    2.) Dene has hired his friends and family rather than actually hiring competent business professionals to help continue the companies growth.
    3.) HR is a total joke which is the root of many internal issues. Culture values are created but don't actually mean anything and are a facade for the complete chaos that exists within the company.
    4.) Business decisions are made strictly from emotion.

All in all, the company has many extreme financial and personnel challenges to deal with. Be weary of the positive reviews posted earlier this year as this was a forced campaign by "HR" to help make the company look less dysfunctional.

Advice to Management

Find new members

"OliverMcMillan Buckhead Atlanta staff"

Current Employee - Property in Buckhead, GA
    Current Employee - Property in Buckhead, GA

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have enjoyed my time working with OliverMcMillan at Buckhead Atlanta. We know each person from top to bottom level. It was very great to get to learn more about the company when I started. We had a great training where we learned about Dene Oliver and the company and Buckhead Atlanta. We are also learning a lot about the company through facebook and twitter. The company is training us in things that are beyond our normal work. I am very grateful.

Cons

It is sometimes frustrating getting in touch with management. I think there should be a better system to get in touch when I need to discuss something.

"Do Your Homework"

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make sure this is right for you and your family. The company is working on some interesting projects with good, hardworking people here but the expectations are often very unrealistic and a high stress environment that will follow you home. You can learn a lot fast and there is a strong emphasis on image and design.

Cons

People seem afraid to speak their minds, management is quick to blame when mistakes are made. There are promises made during the interview process that I’m not sure will ever be a reality. There is lots of talk of leadership and family but management comes across as elitist and hard to communicate with. Seems like they are working to change things and I am thankful to have my job but would recommend talking to people and doing research before taking a job here.

Advice to Management

More follow through on promises and setting expectations, careers, compensation. Understand the demands you place on staff and be better and more consistent with communication.

"Great Experiences at OliverMcMillan Buckhead Atlanta!"

Pros

OliverMcMillan was my first "real" job out of college. I have been with the company for 6 months and have learnt so incredibly much and met some amazing people along the way. This company cares about each employee and their professional growth.

Cons

Even though I have many positives to share about OM, there are some unnecessary episodes of drama in the workplace.

"Opportunities and Rewards are consistent at OliverMcMillan"

I have been working at OliverMcMillan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with OliverMcMillan for a few years now. This company has truly taken an interesting turn for the best over the past two years. Many people have came and left, but the work is where the true reward lives. The projects speak for themselves, and new roles in leadership have made the company stronger and more efficient as a whole.

Cons

A serious flow of gossip and negativity come at a constant from a small percent of the staff. Unfortunately, words travel fast and reputations have been ruined. I see this problem as normal in any work environment, but the amount of staff participation is abnormal. I would like to make my own conclusions about the people I work with and not be influenced by others....

Advice to Management

To continue to do employee appreciation and group activities. I appreciate my job so much when I am able to experience a fun positive energy with my co-workers and family.