Ollie’s Bargain Outlet ATL Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark Butler
  1. "ATL"

Current Employee - ATL in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love it. the benefits are good the pay is decent an my co works are good

Cons

very fast pace so sometimes there's not enough time or payroll to get things done

Advice to Management

relax a bit more

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet2017-02-11
  2. "not satisfied"

Former Employee - ATL in Washington, DC

I worked at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet full-time for more than a year

Pros

starting company still improving greatly

Cons

busy work never done or complete

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet2018-09-17
  3. "ATL"

Current Employee - ATL in Columbia, TN

I have been working at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet full-time for less than a year

Pros

Health benefits, employee discount . Fun products coming in every week . Fast pace work always meeting new people .

Cons

10 hours shifts , turnover high , no accountably for tardy or just not showing up for shift. Store manager not following team leader template yet approved by DM. Having to close every weekend while other team leaders are always get them off . Always short staffed due to call outs or no shows . Salaried managers leave like they are hourly even when you have no help.

Advice to Management

Follow the team leader schedule template making it fair . Have more visits from upper management exspecially when there is all brand new team leads in a new busy store . Recognise and listen to what your employees are saying , could make store run better with more profit for company.

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet2017-11-11

"The little guy gets trampled"

Former Employee - ATL

I worked at Ollie’s Bargain Outlet for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff that work hard, great discount of 20% off regular priced merchandise, freedom to merchandise

Cons

Unbalanced schedules STLs treat it like bankers hours until they are forced to work a night, especially a weekend night. They can pick and choose who they can put on the schedule. They ensure they are more adequatelt staffed than other the lower keyholders. Must work forty-eight hour work weeks six days a week from beginning of November thru Christmas. They offer PTO instead of vacation ... other companies offer sick...

Advice to Management

Be aware of what is going on in the store , ask your staffs for anonymous feedback and react to it. If you take care of your team, your teams will take care of everything else but when they feel no one cares why should they. If you have policies, follow them, no consistency. I am ot a disgruntled employee... I chose to leave so I can get to know my family again.

Ollie’s Bargain Outlet2015-12-12