Olshan Hotel Management, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
Morton L. Olshan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent"

I worked at Olshan Hotel Management, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent company who realizes financial results come as a result of taking care of their team members, who in turn take care of their guests, leading to satisfied, repeat guests.

Cons

Limited number of properties therefore senior leadership opportunities are few and far between. They do however do a nice job of promoting from within.

Advice to Management

Maintain your focus on taking care of your team members and managers with first class benefits and salaries.

2. "Bad Management"

I worked at Olshan Hotel Management, Inc. full-time

Pros

Benefits package is pretty decent. PTO accrual starts at first month of employment which is unheard of in the hospitality industry for the most part

Cons

Lack of support and guidance from Upper management. HR is the absolute worst and is completey unprofessional

Advice to Management

Ensure there is some type of training for ALL employees regardless of position so that they are set up for success. Also make sure that the Human Resources Manager is advocate for the employee.

"GM & Executive Team Need to Go!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL

Pros

There are no pros. Worst working environment I have ever worked in.

Cons

Hostile Work Environment
    Upper Management needs to go!
    Only time work is being done by Executive Committee is when owner comes to visit.

Advice to Management

Andrea & Mr. & Mrs. Olshan you need to get rid of all of them. They do nothing but sit around and gossip and have staff and other managers do their jobs. In fact I think it would be fair to say that managers and staff know how to do their jobs better than they do. They only promote and protect men from India/Pakistan and the 3 Indians at the top of the organization constantly lie and back each other up to save their own jobs while firing or threatening and intimidating everyone else that works there and especially women. This breeds a hostile work environment where everyone is in fear. HR knows all this all the way up to corporate especially about these 3 and nothing has been done about it for years. Not a good look for a woman taking over the company.

"Treated like a Moms/Pops Hotel. No structure. Treat team members bad."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Olshan Hotel Management, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They offer overtime in certain departments

Cons

Gm is very unlikable, unprofessional, & rude. The moral of this hotel has went downhill since Olshan has bought this property. We use to be a family and we are no longer that. They micro manage every department, alot of cussing is done by the GM. Hotel is treated as if its a moms & pops hotel.

Advice to Management

Learn about the brand you are buying before purchasing. Listen to some of the employees that offer advice. Offer a employee survey to see how the GM is doing. Moral & business has tanked since this property was bought from Starwood.

5. "Please get on track."

Current Employee - Assistant Food and Beverage/Banquet Manager in Marco Island, FL

Pros

First let me say that I am only speaking of the Hilton Marco Island, It is a small company so you do not get lost in the crowd. I suppose if you like it, they have embraced the lackadaisikle way of island life. I like my immediate supervisor.

Cons

Benefits are very poor compared to other companies. Workplace is not invigorating or stimulating. Senior Management seems to be caught in a time warp. The hotel seems to focus on the bottom line and reports that they forget about employees and customers. Trust is an issue

Advice to Management

Don't reinvent the wheel, copy the leaders of the industry. Hold yourselves accountable.