Olsson Associates Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Olsson Associates CEO Brad Strittmatter
Brad Strittmatter

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rewarding and great."

Current Employee - Construction Inspector
    Current Employee - Construction Inspector

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits package, team support, company's reputation, organization, company philosophy, individual growth, independence and challenges.

Cons

Salary is a little less than expected., new department so there are growing pains but it's expected. Sometimes aren't given enough time to keep up with paperwork and documentation but tolerable.

Advice to Management

Maybe research a little more about job position, duties and responsibilities assigned and raise the hourly rate.

Sep 8, 2017 – Communications Area Leader

Thanks for the review--and we're happy to hear you enjoy your job! I'll share your suggestions about role/duties/salary with our Human Resources area leader and a member of our Executive Team who is... More

2. "My opinion"

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time

Pros

It’s a great place for a young guy who likes to party because you never get In trouble for much. They are really cool when we call in and since the guy doing raises and holiday bonus never is around you get big money the less hours you worked to even out!

Cons

Long hours very hard to schedule anything as day to day changes from no work to 15 hours

Advice to Management

Have regular schedules and help each other out feel a bit bad for those that pick up slack and have to work super hard but we all get same pay. But you guys are pretty cool

3. "IT Department"

I worked at Olsson Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good support for your job. Opportunity to learn and champion new projects. Great place to get your feet wet in IT.

Cons

Too much company growth, not enough IT growth. The back end is left out with company growth. 100 to 1 ISTM standard is to followed. Not a huge deal. Still able to supply support to end users.

Aug 21, 2017 – Communications Area Leader

Thanks for sharing your experience. It's always a challenge to grow and balance the appropriate number of employees, but you're right -- the IT team always rises to the challenge!

4. "Student Technician"

I have been working at Olsson Associates part-time

Pros

Everything. Flexible hours when needed, learning opportunities, great atmosphere, good people, and opportunity for growth.

Cons

There really are no cons.

Jun 26, 2017 – Communications Area Leader

Happy to hear working at Olsson is a great experience for you!

5. "Great Company"

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very open book management with monthly financials and regular communication about operations. For a larger company, good systems in place for internal communication. Competitive salaries with opportunity for advancement. Great benefits with good HR responsiveness. Autonomy is given to local offices to function and operate as an independent business unit, but with plenty of support.

Cons

Growth is sometimes faster than what can be managed well. Not all offices are as cooperative in doing what's best for the company as a whole. With nearly 30 offices, the company is always battling against silos and cannibalizing a market.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the silos so all offices and regions work well together and support each other. Incentives for cooperative, multi-team and multi-office projects work well.

Thanks for the review!

6. "Good company"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A place where you have freedom and a long leash to chase your career dreams.

Cons

Too many upper management and corporate employees at the top that seems to expand with every restructuring.

Advice to Management

Create less upper management/corporate positions and pay lower level employees better

Jun 26, 2017 – Communications Area Leader

Thanks for sharing your feedback. Your thoughts have been shared with a member of Olsson's executive team. Glad you enjoy working here at Olsson!

"Inconsistent hours,low end of pay and bonus"

Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Technician in Denver, CO

I worked at Olsson Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Typical benefits 401k , ok healthcare , half day fridays, pto at your choice, limited company car use

Cons

Pay is very low compared to others especially compared to cost of living. Lots of profit but no raise for even cost of living and bonus is very screwed. Many employees says this over many years and many states Many of us are aware and it's insulting. We have no say on how they waste company money even if we have other ideas they aren't heard and then either no one gets bonus cause management screwed up budget or only certain ones the rest goes to PM getting a bigger bonus. Long time spent out of town for some and when in town expected to pick up slack but never get rewarded when everyone thought a large bonus was coming for long hard hours and our stats were met for team to get one. But only select couple got one and it's just bad morale ....,

Advice to Management

Raises and bonus should be on hours worked
    Not one persons opinion of you cause it's common knowledge all over these reviews the bonus is not fair to the hardest workers ..... many people don't wanna work here cause word of mouth spreads about pay and bonus style. Hard work goes unrecognized. A couple of us left before we put in too much to go elsewhere as we know the bonus stats were met for corporate but one or two got a bonus and the rest went to uppermanagements pocket very bad as we are suppose to be a team and that's why none wants to come into apply. Many people over many years say this in reviews bonus should be based on hours worked and equal to team unless someone did something outrageous. Team morale is hurting cause of this messed up bonus system and employees talk

"Senior Electrical Engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Electrical Engineer in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, great benefits, very good culture, active with charity, team building exercises and training, good work life balance.

Cons

Fairly large gap between manager salary and myself. Difficulty breaking into hiring/management position - ok if based on performance but no explanation why. Not sure where I stand from a performance standpoint bc lack of criticism or praise.

Advice to Management

Provide straight forward criticism (or praise) reviews.

"Not Bad"

Current Employee - Team Coordinator
    Current Employee - Team Coordinator

I have been working at Olsson Associates full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company. Charitable, involved.

Cons

Not much focus on lower-level employees. Tends to lower morale and lessen motivation when all their efforts are put on PMs. They need to pay attention to those doing the grunt work too.

Advice to Management

Try to make the workplace more cohesive. Feels really disconnected.

10. "Good place to learn"

Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Intern in Omaha, NE

Pros

Great Company events, professional yet relaxed environment, make your own hours usually.

Cons

Stayed within one team for entire internship.

Advice to Management

none