Olympus Corporation of the Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Olympus Corporation of the Americas President and CEO Nacho Abia
Nacho Abia

Pros
  • Professionalism / Salary / Benefits / Decent Work/Life Balance / Fun, positive and productive atmosphere (in 28 reviews)

• Good compensation, Good Benefits, Company does not micro manage (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • The culture of upper management is not dynamic (in 18 reviews)

• Advancement is limited in administrative positions, they are working on work/life balance but it is not quite there yet (in 9 reviews)

1. "Progressive Company with Bright Future and Solid Past"

Former Employee - Director in Center Valley, PA
    Former Employee - Director in Center Valley, PA

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Innovative leadership, progressive product line, solid brand reputation

Cons

Slow to innovate but when products launch they are solid.

Advice to Management

Continue to look for GLOBAL innovation to maximize efficiencies, not just regional needs. Keep pushing the envelope.

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Coordinator in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good starting vacation, casual work environment

Cons

Health benefits are not that good, dress code is up to your manager, 98% of the departments can wear jeans everyday, 2% can't.

3. "Senior Operations Coordinator"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love just about everything at Olympus, from Salary to benefits!

Cons

I would like a bit more flexibility in my schedule.

Advice to Management

Once a benefit is offered to one group, please make sure its available to all groups

Apr 21, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you love your work at Olympus.

5. "Fantastic Progressive Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Administrative Specialist in Center Valley, PA

Pros

Willing to change to keep up with corporate progressive trends in order to keep employees happy.

Cons

Very difficult to do business with due to old habits.

Advice to Management

Get everyone on board with progressive change and do it quickly. No result-less meetings.

Apr 14, 2017 – Human Resources

Innovation is a cornerstone of the Olympus culture. By quickly identifying and adapting to progressive trends, we are able to offer our employees and our customers a more fulfilling experience.

6. "Work-Life INtegration at its Finest!"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Center Valley, PA

Pros

Olympus is on the rise: lots of growth, lots of new projects, tons of interesting work and opportunities. Upper management really listens to employee feedback and has been making positive changes. Culture is changing. Colleague Affinity Networks (we call them CANs) have been able to create change to policies and make the employee experience much more engaging. Our women's network celebrated every Wednesday the entire month of March - educating employees on the History of Women and kept it fun and interesting. Just yesterday they hosted an 'end of fiscal year pampering event'. Do other companies do this?

The company recently introduced a new benefit - INtegrated Schedule Options - if you want to work from home 1 or 2 days a week or change your hourly schedule to accommodate a personal need - we now have a policy in place to do so and the best part is- IT DOESN'T REPLACE COMMON SENSE FLEXIBILITY and it applies to both exempt and non-exempt positions. It is an employee driven - so educate yourself and apply for this benefit!

Some sites include day care, gym/fitness classes, cafeteria, etc.

Cons

Some of the processes and practices are behind the times, but they are making changes to this slowly, but surely. As with any company there are a few old school managers, but our top-executives are progressive - so it works out to be a great balance of leadership styles.

Advice to Management

Compensation practices should be reviewed and updated. Old school management styles might bring down employee morale in certain departments. Offer some focus group discussions. Keep on keeping on. The improvements we have made this last two years have been amazing!

Mar 31, 2017 – Human Resources

We appreciate your honest feedback. We are constantly working to improve our internal processes as Olympus encourages innovation - both through our products and our culture.

7. "Excellent Place to work. Great Culture."

Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Support Specialist in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Professionalism / Salary / Benefits / Decent Work/Life Balance / Fun, positive and productive atmosphere.

Cons

The food service in the cafeteria in the building.

8. "Olympus BP top notch"

Current Employee - Asset Management in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Asset Management in Brooklyn Park, MN

Pros

Clean productive atmosphere, above average pay, diverse. Enjoy the perks of working for a large company but don't feel like your lost in the shuffle of big business.

Cons

Advice to Management

More administrative advancement opportunities

Mar 31, 2017 – Human Resources

We will take your feedback into consideration and encourage you look for opportunities for advancement at olympusamerica.com/careers.

9. "Glad to be part of Olympus!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

Pros

Company values. Focus on employee needs. Work-life balance focus. Location. Request employee feedback. Opportunity for growth. People!

Cons

Departments tend to work in silos. Open workspace areas are distracting. Inconsistent pay grades. Concern for employment security.

10. "Best Place to Perform"

Current Employee - Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work , beautiful work environment, great work life balance. Olympus gives back to the community in so many ways and encourages the work staff to do the same . They even allow the work force to donate 2 days of their work day to helping the events of the communities ( food banks, habitat for humanity etc ) Pay and benefits good, Monday to Friday is your typical work week.

Cons

Not enough open positions for everyone !

11. "One of the best in the valley"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Olympus is a multicultural workplace with a very diverse product and services lineup. They value hard work and a person can be quite successful here if they are willing to put forth the effort. Having said that, they also value a healthy work / life balance, and have several initiatives in progress to help enhance that value.

Cons

As with any corporation, there can be stress and disappointments at times, and management is not always receptive to issues and/or ideas that do not reflect what they are expecting. This, however, is offset if you do your homework and bring them not only the issue, but the proposed solution, which usually gets much better reception.

Advice to Management

When planning projects or changes to the Companies processes, bring in the people who will be the end users during the planning stages, not after the process or project is near finalization. The end users will normally have a much better idea of whether a process will work for it's intended purpose.

Mar 31, 2017 – Human Resources

Thank you for sharing your review of Olympus. We believe there are many advantages to helping employees create a healthy work/life balance and are happy to hear you find it beneficial. Olympus is ... More