Olympus Corporation of the Americas Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Olympus Corporation of the Americas President and CEO Nacho Abia
Nacho Abia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Professionalism / Salary / Benefits / Decent Work/Life Balance / Fun, positive and productive atmosphere (in 31 reviews)

• Good compensation, Good Benefits, Company does not micro manage (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The culture of upper management is not dynamic (in 18 reviews)

• Advancement is limited in administrative positions, they are working on work/life balance but it is not quite there yet (in 9 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Waltham, MA

I worked at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Environment
    Functions (BBQs, Christmas party, etc)
    Benefits
    Management

Cons

They underpay their employees, but not by a lot.

Advice to Management

None, they do a great job supporting their employees

2. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Olympus truly cares about customers, employees, the community and the environment. I am proud to work for a company with such integrity and pride in what we offer to make peoples lives better and healthier every day. I would recommend Olympus to anyone looking to become a team member of a world class employer.

Cons

None that I can think of.

"A Great Place to ... Exercise (and Work)"

Current Employee - IT Portfolio Manager in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - IT Portfolio Manager in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aside from generous benefits and competitive salaries, Olympus Corporation of the Americas headquarters boasts a beautiful campus, ideal for lunch-time walks for fresh air and exercise. I am impressed with Olympus' active community involvement, strong diversity and inclusion position, and emphasis on health and wellness through its partnership with Real Appeal (free to employees).

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Please continue to offer good career opportunities for employees.

4. "The future is bright, gotta wear shades !"

Current Employee - Software Implementation Engineer in Cumming, GA
    Current Employee - Software Implementation Engineer in Cumming, GA

Pros

Autonomy in my positional responsibilities and clarity with the job mission; What more can one ask for. This is only possible because management trusts and supports my activity. This being said, the company provides excellent training aides, communication lines and co-worker help to get the job completed without micromanaging.

Cons

None that come racing to mind. Well of course there is that paper work documentation requirement everyone has to deal with. Still, the process is always improving.

Advice to Management

Don't take anything for granted. Assume nothing. Know that even the brightest star employee needs a word of encouragement.

5. "Great company!"

Current Employee - ENDOSCOPY ACCOUNT Manager in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - ENDOSCOPY ACCOUNT Manager in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Wonderful company great people with amazing technology that saves lives

Cons

No stock options . New platform in 2 years

Advice to Management

Provide discounted stock options

6. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn Park, MN

Pros

The Brooklyn Park, MN facility is modern with lots of daylight. The people are great to work with. All Olympus sites strive for improvements. I enjoy the mentality, when ideas are always welcome. Olympus has great benefits and is involved in the community.

Cons

In every job you may find something to complain about. But I have nothing negative to say about Olympus as an employer.

7. "Awesome company culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Center Valley, PA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been here for about six months now and I honestly love my job here at Olympus. A job is a job, but let's face it at the end of the day it's really the atmosphere, the people you encounter everyday in your work life, and company culture that can really make the difference. So far, the management I work for has been great, and there is an enthusiasm about what we do as a company that makes me feel good about coming to work everyday. Olympus is very inclusive, and they do so much for the community and encourage their employees to do the same. I feel that I have a positive work/life balance, and am very happy here since I started.

Cons

Olympus is behind in technology, still using Lotus Notes for e-mail and MS Office 2007.

8. "Wonderful Company, Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southborough, MA

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time

Pros

Supportive management, good benefits, professional and dedicated coworkers, work-from-home options, early-release Fridays in summer, exciting work environment, opportunities to learn and grow, socially responsible. Love it here.

Cons

Very big organization which has its challenges, but to be expected. Environment in secondary locations is not as good as at the headquarters. IT in Southborough location is challenged.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work you are doing.

9. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Center Valley, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Center Valley, PA

Pros

I have been working full time for Olympus for 3 years. It has been nothing but a pleasant experience. The people I work with are wonderful, and the company benefits are terrific! The benefits not only include healthcare, but an excellent compensation package: good hourly rate, many holidays with pay throughout the year, and EAP!

Cons

I cannot think of any cons to this job.

10. "Full of good engineers and challenging projects"

Current Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Brooklyn Park, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Coordinator in Brooklyn Park, MN

I have been working at Olympus Corporation of the Americas full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good benefit package with good rate of 401k company match. People are very friendly. Many exciting global projects with international colleagues. A lot of opportunities to do challenging projects.

Cons

Having a good communication with liaisons can be hard sometimes depending on the individuals.

Advice to Management

We should be able to have a say when we receive liaisons. Providing requirements or expected capabilities, or have several interviews to see if the individual would fit with our needs.