Omada Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Omada Health Reviews

Updated Sep 21, 2019

Found 48 reviews

4.2
Omada Health CEO Sean Duffy (no image)
Sean Duffy
Pros
  • "There is a wonderful work-life balance (flexibility and unlimited PTO)(in 5 reviews)

• "Great people, friendly atmosphere, overall good(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Experiences vary per person, but I have a feeling this is more true at Omada(in 6 reviews)

• "growing pains of scaling a company and growing fast(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Health Coach in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Omada Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity to help others improve their health while working from home.

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind.

Omada Health2019-09-21

September 25, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time to drop by and share your thoughts! The work from home flexibility for our health coaching team (and others) has worked out so wonderfully, and we're thrilled to continue providing it. Please continue to share you feedback as more things come to mind so we can work to make Omada an even better place for folks to grow and contribute.

2. "Coach"

Current Employee - Dietitian

I have been working at Omada Health full-time

Pros

Flexible Hours from working from home

Cons

Low Pay, Masters doesn't get you far

Omada Health2019-06-27

July 1, 2019CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, and for being with us along the Omada journey! Our Health Coaches are such a valuable and integral part of our team, and I deeply appreciate the impact you bring to our participants every single day. We've always been proud to offer the work from home flexibility to our coaching team, and I'm glad to hear that you're finding that supportive. We're also very committed to paying all Omadans fairly for their contributions, and we've been careful to make sure our salary ranges are competitive and informed by the market. We refresh our data annually and review every single person's compensation twice per year, and we always welcome feedback from our employees. Thank you for your thoughts, and please feel free to have a deeper conversation with your manager.

3. "Amazing People"

I have been working at Omada Health

Pros

Great people who care about the company mission and are there to support your career goals.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a startup but it's worth it

Omada Health2019-05-23

June 7, 2019CEO

I feel so lucky when I look around and see the incredible people we have on our team. Alignment with our mission has been something we've looked for in each and every hire, and it's amazing to feel the momentum of that when all our teams come together. Thank you for being part of the Omada journey!

4. "Great Team, Great Mission"

I worked at Omada Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing Mission Great people Fun products to work on

Cons

Keep training the managers so that they become best in class

Advice to Management

Keep keeping everyone aligned behind the mission!

Omada Health2019-05-07

May 8, 2019CEO

Thanks for taking the time to drop us a line! I couldn't agree more that our mission is one of the most powerful things that draws folks to Omada, and motivates them to stay for the long run. I also, like you, believe that investing in our people leaders is vital as we work to become the best company we can be. We're about to roll out our very first manager mentorship program, and I'm excited to see how that lands. Best of luck with your chapter beyond Omada!

"Mission-Driven, Growing Fast"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Omada Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Omada has been hugely rewarding, in every sense of the word. First is how tightly the org holds to its mission. Even within healthcare, I haven't found a company that keeps its mission -- and its participants - more at the center of the employee experience. Ive been with the company for more than 3 years, and it now seems poised for explosive growth in the coming period. The leadership has rallied around... a smart, directed growth plan -- and the company is hiring intelligently but quickly. In addition to dedication to values, Omada cares about the well-being of its employees; work-life balance isn't just paid lip service -- it's baked into how the company does business.

Cons

The usual growing pains of a scaling quickly, but mitigated by bringing on people who fit into the culture, are willing to step up, and centered around a tight plan for growth.

Omada Health2018-11-27

December 3, 2018CEO

First of all, thank you for being part of our journey over the last few years— it's been quite a ride, hasn't it? No question, "rewarding" is one of the main words I'd use to describe my experience at Omada Health, and I'm so glad you feel the same way. Our dedication to our mission and commitment to living our values every day has put us in an incredible position, and I can't wait to see what 2019 and beyond will bring. Thank you for your contribution and enthusiasm!

"love working here"

I have been working at Omada Health full-time

Pros

I have friends working at health tech companies from Biotech to clinics to Fitbit to Health insurance. I would say the top companies in healthcare based on growth culture management and team are 1. Bind Insurance (primarily in Minneapolis tho) 2. Omada (great management, caring, transparent, in Bay Area, culture is good, great growth) 3. Gilead 4. Fitbit 5. Forward

Cons

Cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

Keep it up, amazing company doing amazing work

Omada Health2018-12-24

January 2, 2019CEO

It feels great to end the year on a review like this one! We're certainly in good company in the world of health tech, and I'm glad you feel we're doing something special. I can speak for Omada leadership as a whole in saying we're absolutely committed to "keeping it up" where things are going well and resonating for the team. If you ever notice something that could be improved, please don't hesitate to let me know personally.

"Great mission, disconnect on market realities, lacks sales leadership"

Current Employee - Business Development

I have been working at Omada Health full-time

Pros

Great purpose, excellent product leadership, and doing great things with data. Great medical, ancillary benefits Unlimited PTO

Cons

Lacks sales leadership - Sales has no voice Lacks understanding of market cycles to create motivating comp structures Sales team is undervalued as the face of the org Comp not on par with rest of market Limited career growth opportunity Silo approach across commercial org

Advice to Management

Truly listen to your sales team, their combined market experience is more than the majority of the commercial org. Invest in your team. Invest in marketing that targets the growth strategy (employers/health plans). Eliminate the facade of the MMM. Reduce ineffective weekly meetings.

Omada Health2019-02-15

May 8, 2019CEO

The level of growth we're experiencing now is incredibly exciting, and also undeniably challenging— and transparent dialogue like this is so critical as we push ourselves to make every day better than the last. We've been working hard to address recent feedback from our sales team, particularly around incentive compensation and enhanced pitch materials, clarity, and support for the field. We're also committing to sharing more ongoing context on our business, and driving deeper cross functional goals alignment. We'll carve out more time for recognition & appreciation where it's due, as well as opportunities for earnest reflection and communication. Finally, we're working to better define "what great looks like" for each role, and provide more targeted career development support. Our Commercial leaders will be reviewing each of these items regularly and soliciting feedback to ensure we're making the progress we want to see. Please reach out to any of them to share your thoughts directly, and thank you for your ongoing contribution to Omada!

"Exciting and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Omada Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the most talented and yet humble people I've ever worked with. Fulfilling work. Inspiring mission. Strong company values.

Cons

Really hard pressed here to say...growing pains of scaling a company and growing fast.

Omada Health2018-10-26

October 30, 2018CEO

Talented and humble - Omadans really do seem to have nailed that rare combination! I'm so glad you're enjoying your work, and feeling supported by our team. I believe deeply that Omada is a special place, and it's always great to be reminded that others are sharing that experience. Now let's charge toward an awesome 2019!

"Mission. Talent. Momentum."

I have been working at Omada Health

Pros

Extremely talented team. Mission driven camaraderie. Alignment and effort have created massive momentum in the market.

Cons

Typical healthcare challenges. Impending scale/growth challenges.

Omada Health2018-10-13

October 16, 2018CEO

Massive momentum - there's no better way to describe it! It's been thrilling to see our team come together like never before over the past year, and to see the market respond in such a giant way. We have big things ahead, and I know if we keep our mission top of mind and scale with diligence we're going to be amazed by what we can achieve.

"A purposeful life"

I have been working at Omada Health full-time

Pros

The people Open and honest culture A feeling that everything you do makes a difference The opportunity to build something incredible

Cons

At times getting aligned across all the teams can be tough Driving accountability consistently is WIP

Advice to Management

Keep digging in on key enablers to our growth, strengthening teams, focus on the big priorities and celebrate the journey.

Omada Health2018-07-06

July 10, 2018CEO

I couldn't agree more that we're building something incredible together, and our culture makes Omada a truly unique & special place to work. I've been particularly impressed by the steps we've taken when it comes to transparency. Across the board, I see folks having the kind of honest conversations that make all the difference when you're swinging big as a company. Cross-functional alignment & accountability can definitely be difficult at times, but I'm encouraged by our efforts to improve here and support one another!

Found 48 reviews