Cover image for Omaha Steaks

81% Recommend to a Friend
91% Approve of CEO

Found 207 of over 238 reviews

3.9
Omaha Steaks Chairman and CEO Todd Simon (no image)
Todd Simon

What people are saying about Omaha Steaks

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Omaha Steaks? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Omaha Steaks employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Jan 7, 2023 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

None none none none none

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

fantastic

Jan 2, 2023 - Temporary Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice way to reenter the workforce

Cons

none that I can think of

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review. We look forward for your return next year.

3. Join the Omaha Steaks team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Needs better training and support

Jan 9, 2023 - Tier 1 Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, seasonal bonuses, and pick your own hours

Cons

You don't get help when necessary, there is minimal training and trainers, a lot of overselling at times, and customers don't like it; quite a lot of technical issues & downtime.

Manager of Talent Acquisition

We appreciate the time and thought that went into writing your review. We’re committed to offering our team members an environment in which they can professionally – and personally – thrive and we’re so sorry to hear that was not your experience. Rest assured that we will be sharing your feedback with our leadership team to ensure Omaha Steaks remains a great place to work. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not bad, but not good for fulltime

Jan 8, 2023 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible four hour schedule. Easy to keep job. Pay is ok. Great side gig. Good food. You get a package of food periodically.

Cons

Technological issues. I was termed because of tech issues that caused issues on the phone. That's a big problem they had. I was only termed because it was the busiest day of the year. Too focused on sales. Good customer service is all that's needed.

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience working for Omaha Steaks. We truly believe that when our team thrives, we all thrive. We’re sorry to hear it did not meet your expectations and will share your comments with our leadership team.

6. 4.0

Overall Good Company

Dec 19, 2022 - Blended Representative in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay was good for a part-time job, pretty easy once your trained in everything, and the staff was very helpful and nice. They are also flexible with the scheduling as well.

Cons

You don’t make commission every time you upsell an item to the customer, it makes it hard because they don’t incentivize you to make sells.

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write a thoughtful review! There’s nothing we love more than hearing about our team members’ experiences and their passion for working at Omaha Steaks.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the job !

Dec 14, 2022 - Seasonal Order Corrections in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Omaha Steaks seasonally in a few different positions over the past few years. This is the first time in the order corrections dept. and I love it! Not only are you able to work from home, the supervisors are great and it is a job with variety so the time goes by quickly. I especially enjoy being able to switch around to different queues as you never get bored. Pay is good and the hours are flexible. I have only positive things to say.

Cons

There are no cons other than it is only a temporary/seasonal position. I wish there would be an opportunity to work in this dept. permanently. It is really a fun job.

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! There’s no misteak about it, we love hearing that our team members are happy here and we’ll keep up the good work to make sure it stays that way! Cheers to your future success and thank you for being part of the family.

8. 3.0

Nice for part time

Dec 23, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible for people looking for part time position

Cons

Limited amount of hours, not good for people looking for full time position

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your review! .

9. 5.0

Good place to work

Nov 10, 2022 - Quality Assurance in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefit union for employees

Cons

No over time except Christmas

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience working for Omaha Steaks. We truly believe that when our team thrives, we all thrive, and that’s why Omaha Steaks offer some of the most competitive benefit packages in the industry. Omaha Steaks HR

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty good place to work

Oct 1, 2022 - Material Handler
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked there for about 3 months (had to move, that's why I quit), and the overall experience was pretty good. The workers there are all pretty nice, management is competent. If you come and work hard they will respect you as a material handler. Hours were a consistent 40 hours, though I know during peak times there was overtime. You get the sense that Omaha Steaks really does care about quality and safety, they have pretty high ratings in those categories. Material handlers are unionized.

Cons

Not too many cons, unless perhaps you want a lot of overtime. Pay is alright, not stellar. Was 13$/hr to start back in early 2021, though I have heard it has gone up because of inflation. You get yearly reviews where you can get a 1-5% pay increase, so if you are an average employee and they give you a 2-3% raise every year, you'll barely beat inflation on a year with a normal amount of inflation. But things might have gotten better since I left and since inflation has really gone up.

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your helpful review. Nothing makes us happier than knowing our team members – past and present – value their time at Omaha Steaks. We wish you the best of success wherever your career takes you next! Omaha Steaks HR

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Easy going and hard worker

Sep 23, 2022 - Customer Service in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great money easy going very helpful

Cons

The hang ups and slow days

Manager of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us a review. We’re proud to offer one of the most competitive compensation and benefit plans in the industry. Omaha Steaks HR

Viewing 1 - 10 of 207 Reviews
</>Embed

Omaha Steaks Reviews FAQs

Omaha Steaks has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 238 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at Omaha Steaks to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Omaha Steaks employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Omaha Steaks. This rating has improved by 17% over the last 12 months.

81% of Omaha Steaks employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Omaha Steaks 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Omaha Steaks to be workplace, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Omaha Steaks Job Seekers