Omax Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

Dr. John Cheung

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales"

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time

Pros

Great company with great people. The best machines in the industry, period. Wonderful people to work with and for.

Cons

As we grew to a large company we lost a little of the "family" feeling, but that comes with growth and an increasing employee count.

2. "One of the best employers I've had."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

First of all, the company culture is top notch. It starts from the very top and it trickles down.
    The vast majority of employees are dedicated, intelligent and have excellent drive to push the limits of the technology. This is derived in part from the fascinating nature of the business and in part from the management team's open mindedness that allows for ideas to be heard and actively pursued.
    The benefits are wonderful, and the executives take great pains to ensure that medical packages are affordable to everyone.
    Omax offers help with furthering education opportunities by reimbursing tuition costs.
    The care that Omax has for its employees is reflected in the company's willingness to mentor and promote from within. This leads to a good morale and has the added benefit of continuing the company's strong ethics and culture.

Cons

Though Omax is considered a big company for the niche it serves, it is still relatively small in terms of employees. As it transitioned into becoming an industry leader over the past few years it experienced and still continues to experience growing pains.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Keep recognizing that we are a team and allow us our inputs. An overall great job by the management team.

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Truly care about the employees and their
    Families. Ongoing training. Continued growth. Good pay. Invest in new technologies

Cons

Can't think of anything, doing great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Great Company with growth potential"

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time

Pros

I really love my job. It is challenging and rewarding. The company atmosphere is positive. Engineers thrive and have real contributions. New product development is a priority here. Supporting our customer base is the highest priority. It's amazing what we do for customers. Management is supportive and have a great vision of the future. A majority of the people are pleasant and supportive of the team culture. Benefits are very good and your input is valued. I've worked for many small and large companies. OMAX has been my best work environment. Hands down a great place to work

Cons

We tend to value engineering perfection over timing to market. A couple of the folks are cranky, but for a 300 person firm - it's not too many.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Why I Chose to Work at OMAX"

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The atmosphere upon entering any part of the massive campus centrally located in the Southern Seattle area (Kent) is noticeably upbeat, positive, and welcoming. You are greeted by the smiles of individuals eager to assist you in any capacity. There is an obvious sense of creativity , opportunity, and camaraderie. It is a perfect blend of the embracing nature and personal touch of a small company with the manufacturing capabilities of a large corporation. From Employee to Customer, OMAX meets your needs in every way.

Cons

Any number of things could be identified as a "con". Corporations of this magnitude in a manufacturing industry making equipment of such diversity is innately challenging. However, challenge in any aspect is an opportunity for improvement, growth, refinement. Where some see "cons" others see opportunity.

Advice to Management

Our culture is a vital aspect to our success, never change it.

"Have worked at OMAX for more than 10 years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

OMAX is a company founded and run by engineers. The product they deliver is superior to anything else on the market, They back their product with impeccable service and support. This philosophy comes from top management and is what has made them the leader in the waterjet industry. Great benefits, debt free and profitable. Very stable place to work and has a very high retention rate. Upper mgmt is accessible and open to input and ideas. Despite having over 300 employees it still has a family feel.

Cons

At times it takes a long time to release new product. I believe some products are over-engineered which isn't necessarily a bad thing but waiting for their release is frustrating at times.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you are doing and do not change as we continue to grow.

"Caring Company with Leading Technology"

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great culture, owners and management go out of their way to take care of employees
    Employees care about the company and the customers
    Constant stream of innovation
    Market leading position
    Competitive salary, good benefits
    Many of the people have been with OMAX a long time, shows the company is really a wonderful place to work. Myself having been here a little over 5 years, it feels much like a family.

Cons

Growing pains. OMAX is going from being a company where literally every one knows each other to a company where that is becomming more difficult. Thus process and documentation are becoming increasingly important. Some are well thought out, some not so much. Some associates are comfortable with the growth and change, some not so much. I'm sure the company will sort things out. However, even with the change, its still evident the management team cares about the associates and the customers and places their interests at the top.

Advice to Management

In general, keep doing what you are doing
    Opportunities for improvement would include:
    - More frequent communicate as to why certain things are being done the way they are. (Not that this is not already done, but more is always better).
    - Establish a more defined career path for key employees (Again, it exists, but more definition would be appreciated by many.)

"Warehouse Intern"

Former Intern - Warehouse Intern in Kent, WA
    Former Intern - Warehouse Intern in Kent, WA

I worked at Omax Corp as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, indoor work space, cool temperatures, nice bossses

Cons

Monotonous work, lacking of social interactions, inefficient layout of warehouse and inventory.

"Fun, good people, yet missing something."

Pros

There are great people throughout the office in all departments.

Cons

Feels a corporate environment. The is a bit of stress from higher ups and not everything is done 100% the first time.

Advice to Management

Please, start acting more like a smaller company/start up. Stop drug testing unless injured, you will just continue to loose good employees.

"Good company but serious retention problem of key talent."

I have been working at Omax Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In the 4 years of working here it has been pleasant. For the most part people are easy to work with except for a couple of cranks that you find in any company. Ignore them.

Cons

Serious lack of promotion planning stunts and removes the incentive for key players to advance. Everyone needs goals to strive for. Having the goal of a promotion gives a team member reason to come into work besides just a paycheck. So much more can be gained if people want to be there rather than a requirement.