Omega Boutique Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 38 reviews

3.3
Omega Boutique CEO Nick Hayek
Nick Hayek
  1. "Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Omega Boutique full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Well funded company/ Very innovative

Cons

Things take timeso you have to be patient

Advice to Management

Keep on moving forward

"Company with no values"

Former Employee - Full Time in Dallas, TX

I worked at Omega Boutique full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great benefits for retirement plan

Cons

No work ethics they do not care about employees

Advice to Management

Focus more on employees that truly want to succeed and grow with the company. There is no one on one at all. Your achievements are never recognized

"Bad taste left in my mouth from here"

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Omega Boutique full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coworkers were mostly easy to get along with, tons of foot traffic easy to make connections with potential clients. Very large, expansive space.

Cons

Temperamental upper management, caters mainly to Mandarin clients. No clear direction of where the store is heading. Missed the forecast or lied entirely about being worth $25M in sales, more like $12-$15M at best.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to manage your sales staff, even though this is an at-will state, there is need to be terminated without any prior notice and for absolutely no reason.

"Fellow Watchmakers and Technicians beware!"

Current Employee - Watchmaker in New York, NY

I have been working at Omega Boutique full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart TV in break room, security guards and cleaning crew are cool.

Cons

Mid & upper-level mgmt are complete and total failures. No vision or SOP's. Built on quid-pro-quo relationships. Bait & switch job roles; They will sell you a dream and render you a nightmare to work in (similar to its products). This is the last place a watchmaker should go to work. Mgmt will just have you juggle endless quick services, QC's and diagnostics until kingdom come, while no watchmaking ever gets done.

Advice to Management

Look at a career change or departmental direction change (won't likely happen) because you a destroying the hopes of current and future watchmakers, coming straight from school when it is most important for them to learn fundamentals.

5. "Key Holder"

I have been working at Omega Boutique full-time

Pros

Products are great,paid vacation days.

Cons

No potential for career advancement.

"Rich heritage, waarchaic management styles."

Current Employee - Sales Executive

I have been working at Omega Boutique full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay, nice watches. If you're lucky you'll work with people who are actually welcoming. I'm forced to write more but really that's about it.

Cons

They have no idea how to train people. And when you try to ask for assistance or give feedback on what works best with you- you get "everyone did it this way so it's the way you'll do it too" doesn't that sound very "if everyone jumped off a bridge, would you?" Complaining that the store is understaffed and there's so much work to do but you refuse help? Makes no sense. How about the quicker you integrate people into...

Advice to Management

Train your glorified sales people or supervisors? Whatever you want to want to call them to actually be leaders. Most of your supervisors are a joke.

"Amazing timepieces, Management is a joke!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Omega Boutique full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

History, timepieces, training, testing and everything about the brand is great! Getting to know clients and really being able to know and teach them history is a huge plus.

Cons

Do not even try and tell HR a problem, especially the one in charge she will only insult you and make it look like all was your fault. What you say in confidence will NEVER BE, because they leak all the information and turn everything around to make you look bad. You can NEVER speak your mind, trust upper management (some are cool but others not), one that is always on the phone talking smack about upper management and...

Advice to Management

Take a lesson and change your ways, you Might get found out how fake you are. Remember everything you do and say can be detailed. Treat others how you would want to be treated, lead and hold others hand, not dictate with a scare tactic. When you have a worker who is dedicated and hard working that is the one you should retain and move up, promote from within, not hire someone who knows nothing of the industry.

"Striving to be the best"

I have been working at Omega Boutique

Pros

If you are someone who likes to provide the best experience to your clients and develop long lasting relationships, than Omega is for you. This company provides amazing training and support that you don’t receive in other places. In Omega you are always noticed and rewarded for a hard work. The BIG plus is that Omega is focused on promoting talented individuals within the organization.

Cons

There are no cons for me so far. I love my job and people I work with.

"Immersive and Rewarding Experience"

Former Employee - Intern in Weehawken, NJ

I worked at Omega Boutique

Pros

I immediately felt that I was being taken care of and valued as part of the team. As there are only a couple of interns at a time, you are given a lot of responsibility, which allows you to learn a great deal early on. I felt valuable and helpful from the start of my experience. My supervisors also made sure I was learning and exercising new skills almost every day. The Omega team is a close-knit group and the environment...

Cons

Some days, I had nearly no tasks and found myself with not much to do besides menial tasks. This could have been because other employees were not aware that I was available to help them, as there is always something to be done in the office.

Advice to Management

Do not hesitate to give your interns more work, as we are eager to help. Even if the tasks seem inconsequential, it is all a part of the learning experience.

10. "Great company with tons of opportunity"

I have been working at Omega Boutique

Pros

Great great management , amazing staff , one of the best training in the watch industry

Cons

There are no cons to working for Omega

Advice to Management

No advice to management they do an amazing job

Found 38 reviews