Omega Business Consulting Reviews

Omega Business Consulting President & CEO Yasmine O'Brien
Yasmine O'Brien
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Had to move but it was worth the experience

Feb 25, 2016 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of hands on training and great for people looking for Marketing and Sales experience. The greatest thing about this business is that they just plain and simple give you a chance. I had zero experience coming into the working world, fresh out of college with no idea what I wanted to do. This job just gave me a ton of experience and knowledge that I will use in the future.

Cons

Commitment. I am only 24 years of age and had to move back to my home town. Instead of relaxing all the time like I wanted with some of my friends, I had to work. It's for very goal driven people who want to be successful so I understood why I was working so hard

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Very Progressive model

Dec 9, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in Vienna, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are very comfortable to be around and the atmosphere of the business was crazy energetic. Each day I had to make sure I was on top of my game to learn new things. You get a very realistic image of why it's hard to run a business and how to overcame anything that may come your way. After working here I would say my attitude and demeanor has improved just because I understand so much more. If you want good experience this is definitely a great place to meet like minded people.

Cons

Work puts a lot of pressure on you. You have to be willing to sacrifice a lot because the return is going to be running a business. If your looking for just a peaceful work day where you don't have to worry about anything then this would not be for you. You have to be someone who can manage yourself or you will get nowhere.

3. 5.0

Room for Growth

Sep 17, 2014 - Business Account Consultant in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

I haven't been with the company long, but there is so much room for growth, and I've already experienced it. I've had a couple promotions already, and I'm already training other employees. The leadership team here is great and really focuses on my strengths, and how to utilize them, as well as helps to further develop my current weaknesses.

Cons

I haven't seen any. I mean it's definitely hard work, but in a good, challenging way.

5 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you very much for your review! We truly appreciate that, and will continue to provide an environment in which our team feels welcome, and that they can grow. -Y.O.

4. 4.0

Great Opportunity

Sep 7, 2015 - Corporate Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for about 3 months now and I have loved the job since day 1. The competitive atmosphere, the energetic work environment, and the team building activities keep me coming back. This is my first job out of college and I could not have asked for a better one. I love the opportunity here and the amount of responsibility I am given on a daily basis really makes me feel like a valuable asset to this company.

Cons

The job is definitely stressful at times. I am also working on a commission based salary, but all that does is make me want to work harder than everyone else.

4 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you so much for your review & providing such an open opinion and expression of our company and atmosphere. We're glad to have you on the team! -YO

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

For those who want to accomplish something big in life.

Feb 4, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is no cap on how high someone can go. As long as they are putting in their hard work every single day then there should be no limit on how much they achieve. The work environment is phenomenal. Both professional and crazy! If there is someone who needs help, there is always someone else right around the corner waiting to lend a hand.

Cons

Better music selection in the lobby?! It's nice and all but the French rap is just too much sometimes!

6 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking time to give your input about working with Omega Business Consulting! My main goal when starting this company was that I never wanted to put a limit on someone's success. If I'm lucky enough, I'll find several people who will bring new skill-sets and approaches to OBC, actually be better than me in the future, in order to continue our growth! We're constantly working on additional bonuses from our clients - Sometimes it takes longer than others, but know that we are CONSTANTLY trying to receive more rewards for our team's efforts! - YO PS - We're working on the music!

6. 2.0

Distasteful

Sep 30, 2015 - Entry Level Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a big learning curve so you learn tactics very quick for work and non work related subjects. Very energetic atmosphere for the most part every one supports each other. Trainers are very helpful and knowledgeable. Great to add to a resume

Cons

Some of the higher ups can be very exclusive and uninviting if you approach them. The hours are ridiculous! 10:30 to 9pm Monday through Saturday then they expect you to go out with the office after work twice a week as a way to set up appointments with higher ups so with that you can add another hour and a half or so to your day. And what I hated most they were very vague about the job description in the interviewing process and were very careful not to disclose the door to door aspect of the job. Spent and invested alot of time, hard work and money. Blew a big portion of my savings to start this job and didn't recover it!

3 people found this review helpful

President

Thank you for taking the time to give your opinion about the company, what we're doing well, and what we can continue to improve upon. Our number one goal is that we keep our team happy and take feedback to heart. I want to be clear that we ARE extremely clear during the entire interview process, our job descriptions, website, and even in previous review responses about who we are, what we do, and what our goals are. With that being said, as mentioned previously, we do not go door to door; That means we would have a product in hand to sell and literally knock on every single door we can. We DO NOT do that. In fact, we have zero product in hand. We meet with CURRENT customers in order to provide them with a face to face account servicing experience, and talk to them further about current promotions and discounts. Also, while the work hours were disclosed during the interview process, and not appealing to you, there are many people who find the hours attractive because they're conducive to school, other work, and family schedules. If you would like further clarification on anything, please feel free to call our office and ask for me directly. We wish you the best! -YO

7. 4.0

Make it Happen!

Jul 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked with the company a little less than a year now and I absolutely love my job. coming from 6 years of banking experience, i came across this company to which i didnt even apply for, i came in for 3 different interviews to which moved rather quickly, i was informed of the company's business and what they did, what their day to day lifestyle was, the pay structure, etc,. by the end of my final round interview i had no questions, why? BECAUSE I TOOK NOTES. I began my first day, met the team to which i became a part of an upbeat and positive atmosphere, i had people left and right who answered any questions i had, i had set coaching sessions every morning to make sure i was prepared and could work to the best of my ability, Every day you are recognized for your hard work. i had my ups and downs as time went on but without fail my coworkers who i now call my good friends were all there to make sure i was held accountable and broadened my view on what i could achieve. seeing some of these reviews on some of these people not being close to management, in fact i've seen 3 promotions in just the past couple of months i've been here all to which each individual were held recognized because these people are the ones i've met and watched worked their butts off for their success. the best part of this job is there is no cap to how much i can make, there's no one there to tell me "you can't work more than 40hrs otherwise we HAVE to pay you overtime" and coming from a banking history that was definitely one thing they highly discouraged. we learn and grow together in this company and with the way our company is moving now, there are plenty of huge plans in store for all of us. bonuses are obviously always a plus and much appreciated ;) we get to go on all these fun business trips, the learning never ends and i love it all!

Cons

the hours are long dont get me wrong, there may be days when i'll be overwhelmed with stress, but as i've said before, my peers were there to pick me back up again and motivated me to continue pushing myself for success. the only thing i dislike about this job are people who bring in negativity. we're all here to succeed, just because you don't think it's for you doesnt mean its not for the next person.

5 people found this review helpful

President

WOW - Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a detailed and helpful review! We're so happy to hear that you took full advantage of the Management Training Program and all of the leaders and coaches we have in the office. And you're very right in mentioning that just because something isn't the right fit for you, it doesn't mean it's a negative thing or not right for someone else. That saying goes for EVERY occupation. We're very blessed to have you as a part of the team & look forward to our long working relationship together! -YO

8. 4.0

Learnt so many things

Jul 2, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job taught me so many things. I had my own mentor, teaching me everything until I got it. I I learnt how to talk to different people, how to build relationships, etc. Everybody in the office is really nice and helpful. Young coworkers and relaxing environment.

Cons

Long hours. This job really need you to work extremely hard and keep pushing yourself. you need to not only make yourself good, you have to make other people good as well.

President

Thanks for your review! We really appreciate the feedback - In regard to your advice, we give as much support as we can, and have taken your comment to heart. Our team is our NUMBER ONE priority, so we're doing our best to give as much time as possible to everyone. Thanks again! -YO

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Wild learning experience

Aug 27, 2015 - Corporate Trainer in McLean, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are phenomenal, young and energetic. Make as much as we want. Learn plenty about team building, territory management, and public relations, they provide you all the tools you'll need to prepare for management

Cons

Can be stressful at times but what job isn't? Other than that can't really think of any other cons besides the long hours but of course, gotta put in the work for success you want

President

Thank you so much for your review! We're constantly working with our clients in regard to providing additional bonuses, and will continue to do so! Glad to have you as a part of the team! -YO

10. 3.0

Junior Account Executive

Sep 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment. People are generally willing to help you, give you advice and train you. Have career advancement opportunities based upon your performance.

Cons

When I had my second interview with the company, the interviewer did not go over the job specifications and very vaguely defined the job, which I later found out was a door-to-door sales with 100% commission based. Even if you get promoted to "Corporate Leader" position where you start to take more responsibility, the pay is still 100% commission based.

President

Thanks for your review. During the interview process, and on job descriptions, we do clearly state what the job that we're hiring for is, explain it in detail, and let candidates know that pay IS based on performance and that we do not offer a salary for most employees (though it is given at a managerial level). We also do not conduct door to door sales or marketing; We meet with CURRENT customers in order to provide them with a face to face account servicing experience, and talk to them further about current promotions and discounts. Since you ARE a current employee, I would greatly appreciate if you could schedule a meeting with me to further discuss how we can continue to improve your and other employee's experiences and opportunities at Omega Business Consulting. Thanks! -YO

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews