Omni Air Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Jeff Crippen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • male flight attendants always received preferential treatment and promotions above other qualified FAs (in 14 reviews)

• Can be away from home up to a month or more (in 7 reviews)

1. "Flight Attendant"

I worked at Omni Air full-time

Pros

You get to travel the world fresh out of training!

Cons

Any and everything can count against you

2. "asst manager,lead mechanic,over see stores to many to list"

I worked at Omni Air full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

was good for awhile,flt mechanics were good

Cons

15 years as a top mechanic,went down the drain because of one peron in management

Advice to Management

get some one who does not get personally involved.and referance someone for their credentionals.not spies for their benefits

I worked at Omni Air full-time

Pros

International Travel. You go places you wouldn't have the opportunity to travel to with a commercial airline. Met some pretty incredible people (mechanics, pilots, flight attendants). Earned a lot of frequent flier miles on various airlines.

Cons

Unprofessionalism from lead flight attendants and crew scheduling. Had a lead flight attendant tell Military passengers embarking to middle east to serve our country to "Get your crap and get off of the plane." I was embarrassed and wanted to quit right then and there. Can be away from home up to a month or more. Only way to make a decent amount of money is to volunteer your off days. Sitting on reserve waiting for a trip while those who volunteer off days get work. You can go MONTHS without being called in to work.

"Corporate America at its Worst"

I worked at Omni Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flying as flight attendant around the world right out of training . Fly on other airlines to get to Omni flight to work and allowed to keep airline miles in your name and also all the hotel points you accrue on layovers. Wonderful fun coworkers and some supervisors.

Cons

Lowest wages in the industry with no flight benefits for family. Worst health plan and very few other benefits. Long work hours and very short layovers with little time to sight see the foreign places you fly to unless the plane breaks down which is highly likely since their fleet is very old and castoffs from other airlines. No guaranteed crew rest onboard the long flights. Sometimes there is no hotel room available after arrival at destination because of the scheduling incompetence and total lack of concern for flight crews. Happened to me twice in the wee hours of the morning after working a 10 hour flight. After working for 4 other airlines this company is the worst I could have imagined with treatment of employees. Very large constant turnover here and rather than making it better for their people, management would rather keep hiring and training. Makes no financial sense at all and they are an extremely profitable company. Training was a nightmare and constant bullying and scare tactics so unlike the other bigger major airlines who actually care for their people and who want you to succeed in training. I was appalled how easily they kicked trainees out of training instead of encouragement and support to succeed and graduate. They only transport the Military troops and their families but they make you jump through flaming hoops to work for them as if they were the Elite of Airlines and in fact just the opposite. And there are constant reminders that you can be fired at any moment for any reason they choose.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. Eventually you will have no quality people left to actually work and take care of the troops and you will lose the government contracts. People leave asap to go work for a real airline with real benefits and feel valued and so much better compensated. Living on poverty wages is not the way to show appreciation for hard work.

I worked at Omni Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

International travel; besides that nothing else.

Cons

Everything. Management sucks, training is horrible and you consistently feel like you have to watch your back at the company. So many disgruntled workers and people plotting against the company. Extremely horrible schedule, 19 days on and 11 off.

Advice to Management

Got rid of all management and start over.

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Omni Air full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice long layovers all over the world.

Cons

Not enough pay to enjoy anything

Advice to Management

They waste so much money that could go to flight attendants on supervisors.

7. "OMNI"

I have been working at Omni Air full-time

Pros

Great place to be working

Cons

I cant think of any really

8. "Flight Attendant"

Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Bwi Airport, MD
    Former Employee - Flight Attendant in Bwi Airport, MD

I worked at Omni Air full-time (More than a year)

Pros

See countries you would never see.

Cons

First Airline I worked for without a union. Could definitely work excessive hours.

9. "A&P Line Maintenance"

Current Employee - A&P Line Maintenance in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - A&P Line Maintenance in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Omni Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Company, wages, family orientated, hands on experience on a B767, B777, MXC, HR are very helpful and an open door policy with the Maintenance Manager. (Easy to talk too)

Cons

Some old flight mechanics are disgruntle with base mechanics and the Company for no reasons than to complained, 5/8 scheduled, one year in to get a raise and a vacation time.

10. "Omni Air International"

Current Employee - First Officer in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - First Officer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Omni Air full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Traveling the world is a unique and enriching experience. From Japan to Germany and a whole bunch of places in between, we get to see many countries and cities between flights. Flying the Beoing 767 has been a pure joy and crews are easy to get along with here at Omni. Home basing is a great way to live where family and community are already well known without having to move and establish new roots.

Cons

Pay for flying a wide-body jet is a bit less than other companies. We get around 40 hours a month, and sit relief officer often, so about one landing a month. No duty rigs and per diem leaves a little to be desired. Contract negotiations are ongoing as of July 2017 and there doesn't seem to be a lot of common ground between the union representing our pilot group and the company.

Advice to Management

Please work with our union negotiators to sign a contract that will retain our pilot group and keep experience in the cockpit that has been loyal to the company for so many years. Once the contract is signed and we are all working together again I think Omni will be a much better place to work.