OmniCable Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Environment"

Current Employee - Sales in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Sales in West Chester, PA

I have been working at OmniCable full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In an ESOP everyone looks out for the good of the company rather than themselves.

Cons

Sometimes hard to move up in the company

Advice to Management

Treat people how you would want to be treated.

2. "Good Company"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Randolph, MA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Randolph, MA

I worked at OmniCable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great employees who care about going the extra mile for the customer.

Cons

Everyone in the industry is always trying to undercut everyone else.

3. "Sales"

Pros

If you're willing to drink the kool-aid and consider an ESOP, onsite gym, the occasional free lunch and a glorified suggestion box as the best perks on the job market then work here. But if you're looking for an innovative organization that trusts it's employees and cares about providing work-life balance, look elsewhere! Your best day at the company will be the one where you hand in your resignation. Trust me!

Cons

There vacation policy is a joke. The ESOP is only a perk IF the company did well that year. Their 401k contributions are laughable. The management team resembles a dysfunctional couple mid divorce. Long hours, zero flexibility, horrid work-life balance, average pay, only "favorites" are promoted, lack of female leadership, unpredictable and emotional ceo.. I could go on.

Advice to Management

Seek professional help for the individual issues you all seem to have.

Nov 30, 2018 – Director of Business Innovation

I am sorry to hear that you feel that way. Since you are a current employee-owner, I would highly encourage you to voice your concerns with your manager or another leader. Having worked at other... More

4. "Regret Leaving Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I worked at OmniCable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was employed at Omni at Corporate in West Chester, PA. From the beginning, I was welcomed with open arms, given the chance to learn and ask questions, and I never felt overwhelmed. Its a business, and there are expectations, but I found it to be a very relaxed, low-key environment. My team and I bonded very quickly, and it was a very positive experience overall.

Cons

Yes, its family owned and yes, family is employed there, which I wasn't a fan of. But my biggest regret was not staying longer.

Advice to Management

Add more women in management.

"Regional Manager"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at OmniCable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid sales organization that is well respected and recognized in the Electrical industry for quality and dependability. Know as the company to go to for unique wire and cable needs which Electrical distributors either don't inventory or don't want to inventory. A master distributor which "ONLY" works through the distribution chain not selling direct to end users for any reason.

Cons

Relatively small organization at $250mil and limited to 13 locations across the US. No significant international footprint.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on being a sales driven organization and look to expand to other non-copper opportunities which will utilize your strengthens in logistics with electrical distributors

"review of my time at Omni Cable"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

I have been working at OmniCable full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Small company feel, opportunities for advancement, fair compensation, being part of a team, operationally excellent, very profitable company

Cons

communication is sometimes lacking, need more opportunities for training

Advice to Management

over-communicate

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Chester, PA

I have been working at OmniCable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with and feel my contribution makes an impact. What more can you ask for?

Cons

Communication , a work in progress. But they recognize this and are putting forth effort towards change, that's the key.

Advice to Management

Continue your efforts of improvement. We feel the positive changes, which drive us to do our best. Continue listening to your fellow employee-owners.

8. "Plays Favorites with Employees"

Former Employee - Distribution in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Distribution in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at OmniCable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Bonus Opportunities, Small Company

Cons

Poor Management, Unprofessional, No Opportunity for Growth, Favorites, Don’t Follow Safety Rules.

Nov 14, 2017 – Talent & Development Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are disappointed about your experience. We value hard work and professional development. It sounds like these did not describe your time with... More

9. "Decent place to work, watch out for incompetent management."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at OmniCable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, work environment, benefits seem to be ahead of the coin especially on the 8th hour.

Cons

New management hired from outside the industry lacks industry knowledge of any kind.

Advice to Management

Hire managers who have experience selling wire and cable.

"Breath of Fresh Air"

Current Employee - Account Manager in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in West Chester, PA

I have been working at OmniCable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As a young adult, the most anxiety filled and stressful situation is finding a job right out of college. At the beginning of my search I came to quickly realize that most companies look at overall experience rather than a college degree. The potential that most of us have are getting ridiculed by the interview process of most companies. With this company, that was not the case. Omni Cable has literally been a breath of fresh air. The company does not just judge you on experience but rather potential, drive, willingness to learn and of course a college degree. When I first started this job I had no idea what I was getting myself into. The leadership and management staff literally eased me into my new position. They do not sit there and expect you to teach yourself and learn on your own but they are there with you on every step of the way. They understand that this business is not something that is widely known by the majority of the public and they formulate a plan that will cater to what the individual must have, along the lines of time, tools and exposure. The training program does not just expose the employee to what they are expected to do but they invest time and money for the employee to learn all the different departments of the business from sales to operations and so on. The company culture itself is amazing. From the executives to the managers and co-workers, the culture is full of support, love and fun. The culture takes the edge of anyone being a bit nervous or stressed because there is someone always there to help and to listen. The transparency of this company is also on another level. Since the company is an ESOP company (meaning we are privately owned) the employees are not just regular employees but rather employee-owners. We all have the opportunity to own stock in the company. The executives themselves are very open to all of the employee-owners and are very supportive. All in all to wrap this up, I highly recommend applying to this company and getting involved in a career that helps make you a better person and giving you the chance to provide yourself a better life.

Cons

The hardest part will be that you, yourself, will put more pressure and stress on yourself than the company.

Advice to Management

Make sure to be consistent with your employee-owners and they will be consistent right back.

Nov 14, 2017 – Talent & Development Manager

Hi, thanks for the feedback! We’re happy to have you on our team!