KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Omnicare Reviews

Updated Jan 24, 2022

Found 912 of over 937 reviews

3.1
Omnicare President and Chief Executive Officer Nitin Sahney  (no image)
Nitin Sahney
Pros
  • "Work culture is really good at omnicare(in 36 reviews)

• "Good pay and benefits overall good company(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Corporate CVS does not know about LTC pharmacy(in 55 reviews)

• "Omnicare Corp is ok but of course they need to follow CVS rules(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Omnicare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

An Interesting Work environment

Nov 17, 2021 - Front End Pharmacy Compliance Technician in Whippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay, Respectful Coworkers, Flexible Hours

Cons

Coworkers can be hostile to each other I Avoid conflict and it is a pleasant work experience

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great for learning, not for earning

Jan 12, 2022 - Pharmacy Technician in Panama City, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot and a lot of times I felt fulfilled knowing I was doing something important and accomplishing such a work load. Built my confidence as a pharmacy tech.

Cons

Hard, important work with too little pay. Also occurance point system is very unforgiving, especially for those with young child/ren who may have to call out every now and then when they're sick or injured. Not a great job for those wanting a good work-life balance, I worked here for less than a year and I felt like my life revolved around Omnicare and the inconsistent schedule. Also we were always short staffed because of techs quitting or getting sick. I definitely felt underpaid at $13/hour.

3. 4.0

Order entry technician

Jan 24, 2022 - Order Entry
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture, no in person customers

Cons

Low pay, management is not consistent

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Take the other job, seriously

Dec 7, 2021 - Pharmacy Technician in Conyers, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy work, good pay, nice people (until you make one mistake), can listen to music

Cons

Teamwork only applies if other employees/leads like you, if you want to voice your concerns: don't bother. You are likely to be ignored, gossiped about in the workplace, or your views are dismissed with their "we're a team!" motto. Poor management, heavy workload, horrible high school employees that gossip about you (even with the leads/management). Every passing day, you will realize working here is not worth it. If you get this job, make sure it is temporary and keep searching for other employment as you work here.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poor direct leadership

Oct 20, 2021 - Account Manager in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

1) Pros would be that you get to work with truly amazing internal staff (outside of immediate leaders) and your customers are nurses and support staff in senior living communities across the state. 2) The pay is good based on other account manager positions I have compared to. 3) CVS Health is a huge company with a great culture and a ton of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

1) Poor work/life balance. 2) Never ending "Fire Drills" where you are expected to stop everything you are doing and focus on something that your manager missed a deadline for or didn't see coming. 2) Micromanagement by an unstable, bullying and narcissistic team lead. 3) Money is good but you are still expected to be doing way more than it is worth. 4) They just got rid of any bonuses and incentives so base salary is it.

6. 2.0

ok job, not enough pay

Jan 18, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are nice. Some friendly managers and supervisors

Cons

Not enough pay. Wages are way too low in comparison to other companies.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lounge

Jan 3, 2022 - Lounfer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ok to lounge in loin

Cons

Lounging and more lounging specially

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Working for Omnicare Pharmacy, a CVS Health Company

Dec 20, 2021 - Sales Support Specialist in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team and positive atmosphere for growth and development within my role. Great benefits and 401k.

Cons

No clear next step to further my experience. Required to get the vaccination even though I was working remote the entire pandemic.

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Mess of a Company

Jan 20, 2022 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not applicable for this role

Cons

HR is a mess Leadership always changing Territory is always shifting. Absolutely NO work life balance.

10. 3.0

Great Company until CVS purchase

Nov 11, 2021 - Back End Manager/Trainer in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

30% discount on CVS brand products and 20% off all others at retail stores. Ability to work in both sterile and non-sterile compounding areas It’s a great place to network and learn things outside your core areas

Cons

Insurance benefits are terrible, as CVS owns our health insurance and prescription insurance companies leaving no bargaining room. Basically we have no prescription coverage until we need our deductible with the lowest being 1400, then it’s 80/20. This means I have had to pay $698 for one of my scripts because they also mandate a 90 day supply Salaries are a joke and near impossible to get a decent increase, max 3% but not given often Tries to enforce retail policy in a long term care setting where we have contracted customers and new business isn’t easy to come by

Viewing 1 - 10 of 912 Reviews

Omnicare Reviews FAQs

43% of Omnicare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Omnicare 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Omnicare to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, career development, management.

Popular Careers with Omnicare Job Seekers