Omnicell Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "My Experience"

Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for salary and Benefits.

Cons

Support for field employees was not quite matured

Advice to Management

Greater understanding of working conditions in the field

"Coordination issues"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring persons, competitive benefits, and some incentives

Cons

I started employment in my work function in a family-like atmosphere where all persons would help with an issue of their understanding and would willing to bring you to the same understanding (proved that time allowed). I was simply rated on my ability to provide quality help.
    I ended my time at Omnicell being a subdivided individual that was not kept well informed. My productivity suffered in this cold and calculated, negative focused atmosphere. The stress of having nobody to back me up was great. The pressure to increase performance while being provided little increased knowledge and guidance was unrealistic. Those who were my foundation moved to other areas or found employment elsewhere often resulting in replacement personnel that had less knowledge than I already possessed. The persons that replaced those of experience, on next level up of the company's hierarchy, often focused on scholastic type resolves not experience narrowed to this company's function.
    The new rescheme needed to focus on an individual’s ability to improve the future of the company by getting to know them rather than rely on unproven calculations from numbers that seemed to have no solid basis from cold world described above. I hope it has changed for the friendly, founding people I left behind. The subdivisions within the company were divided in function and only focused on that function - not so bad if there is constant coordination across those divisions. I did not see much of that in my area.
    Omnicell as a whole is dispersed and impersonal.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest to the personnel that you serve if it does not cause a riot

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative products and great corporate office location in Silicon Valley. Great benefits.

Cons

Lower than average salary. Management doesn't change and makes excuses for not promoting folks that have put in the work and time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customer-facing employees and react. Make Omnicell a more fun and rewarding place to work. Great products but concentrate on valuing your employees.

"Chaos"

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Casual work attire. Convenient parking. On-site lunch cafe and gym.

Cons

Recent acquisition of competitor is resulting in chaos. Trying to merge two different corporate cultures, procedures and software is a nightmare. Upper mgmt insists on using less robust software for future products "because we bought them." The lower mgmt level is mostly comprised of incompetents with no people skills and no work ethic - totally removed from the day ton day operation of the dept they "manage." Watch your back or you will get stabbed. The "Old Boy Network" is in full bloom at Omnicell.

Advice to Management

No advice needed as they will not take it. Extremely poor employee surveys several consecutive years brought no results. Last survey review meeting started with Dept. Mgr. stating "I hate these things, waste of time." That guy is now a Director.

"My Review"

Former Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very Relaxed atmosphere, very helpful management.

Cons

Not a very good work process,

Advice to Management

Have a more rigid training process.

"Absence of employee career growth"

Current Employee - Commercial in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Commercial in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centrally located Silicon Valley company. Convenient parking and access to mass transit. Creative hardware and software engineers committed to producing quality products.

Cons

Most of one's time is spent navigating the egos of Marketing leadership. Business strategy, when developed, is forced down with no input from the teams doing the work. Constant one-off projects, that produce little value, take away from long term strategy. Narcissistic leadership prevents team members from presenting or having any exposure to executive level leaders. Company is aware of team's dissatisfaction but makes no changes. Cozy sense of security amongst men in leadership with blatant absence of females in leadership. Ageism is something regularly exhibited. A liability and financial disaster waiting to happen. False sense that the executive team cares about the customer. It's all about the 'deal' then business pressures to realize revenue compromise thorough implementations. Lack of employee empowerment and transparency creates a culture of anxiety. Who will be the next person to fall out of favor?--be aware!

Advice to Management

There are great leaders in the industry--why are you keeping the poison around?

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products and customer service

Cons

Selfish management that is more interested in protecting themselves and treat people as disposable.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect at all levels of org

"Heading in the wrong direction"

Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Teams and departments are generally supportive of each other. Lots of good people who work hard.

Job satisfaction may be higher if you work in Engineering or Sales.

This used to be an outstanding company. Hard to tell if that will happen again.

Cons

Always heading in too many directions. Not enough workers to get the job done.

Company has grown and decisions are now made at the top. Unfortunately, there is a consistent lack of insight by senior management. Rarely do they seek insight from the people doing the work.

Be cautious about coming here. I would look at other companies who promote and maintain a diverse culture.

Also, be wary of offers to work on the west coast (unless you're an engineer) since the company is more invested in East Coast operations.

Advice to Management

Involve your people. Free up the reins on middle management in order to allow creativity and good ideas to flourish.

"Investigate Company before Committing"

I worked at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Active hospital segment customers, good regional sales representatives, parking, easy walk to lunch, transportation

Cons

Poor management, lack of gender and minority representation, favoritism, inexperienced leadership in marketing and sales. Regular disregard for "facts" supporting contrary direction to marketing, product or sales strategy leaders. Communication issues across all departments, non-existent in some cases due to executive level competing egos. Challenged corporate culture and demeaning atmosphere. A definite career busting move to work in certain environments. HR aware of issues, coaches for the incompetent but in place to serve the entity. Steer clear.

Advice to Management

You are aware of the corrections needed. Get to it to stem the bleed.

"Approach with Eyes Wide Open"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good location. Heart of Mt.View. Mass Transit. Peets Coffee. A modern building with outdoor patio. Flexible schedules. The opportunity to sharpen chess skills as each day brings new challenges. [obviously you would need to be a very good chess player].

Cons

To many chiefs, not enough helpers supported by strategy that changes on a regular basis. Once honeymoon is over you will experience unease which leads to feelings that you will never be safe. It is a dread and despair many people share. Heavy meeting and conf call driven culture where a maze of thoughts can be rendered vague by the lack of words to express them. You will exit these meetings not understanding how you spent your time or what you actually tried to accomplish. And it is wheel that never ends. You must walk the thin blue line to fit in. Creativity is not rewarded and those with organic thoughts are carefully, selectively weeded out as if they were never there. Perfect literary prose fits this situation: "You're not wanted. Understand? We are going to have fun on this island. Understand? We are going to have fun on this island! So don't try it on, my poor misguided boy, or else--- There was blackness within, a blackness that spread.” and coupled with: “People don't help much.....people were never quite what you thought they were" and then at last the blame comes back to YOU as the reason why ....the ship is not sailing and that is absolutely not a good thing as clawing you way back out of the rat hole is exhausting mentally and physically.

Advice to Management

Revamp and reorganization of leadership is long overdue especially in select departments. Recommend consolidation of offices, realignment of corporate resources to better optimize people, personal, products as multiple agendas shield productivity. Coaching not working when employees at the mid and lower parts of the ship are regarded with antagonism. Need to seriously address the "inner intensity of avoidance and secrecy” as it relates to how employees, especially women, are treated.