Omnicell Reviews | Glassdoor

Randall A. Lipps

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Engineer II"

I worked at Omnicell full-time

Pros

People are helpful and nice, pays well, laid back atmosphere

Cons

Communication between everyone is lacking, IT is really bad, morale is a little down

Advice to Management

Make sure you include the people doing the work in the meetings about the project. Wipe out the local IT and start over.

"Not a lot of positive things to say!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good people that want to do a good job

Stock has done OK

Cons

Poor management across the board but particularly in Finance and IT. All arrogance and little leadership.

Compensation/equity plans for Executives and VP's clearly a priority, at the expense of middle management and below.

Absolutely no infrastructure to support the multitude of acquisitions that have been consummated in the last 4 years. Still doing many things the same way they were back in 2010 when $250M company and utilization of SAP system stinks.

Complete lack of understanding/concern from executive management about what it takes to handle the ever-changing and seemingly directionless priorities

Executive management is clearly an "old boys" network...women not allowed (look at "Management Team" on the company website !!!)

Culture??? What culture?

Advice to Management

Would give it, but will fall on deaf ears.

3. "SOFT ENG 2 at RALEIGH NC"

Former Employee - Senior Developer in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you are a recent graduate and looking to join this company than DONT. This is for software dev position at Raleigh NC office (Previously known as Ateb).

You will be doing the same thing 100 times and there is nothing new to learn.

The manager does not know how to manage the team. Manager is supposed to lead the team but here it is the salespeople who make the decisions.

Cons

If you are going for an interview you will most likely be part of OBC/IVR team and that's the worst team in the whole company.

If you are new grad - This experience won't get you a better job
    Experienced - Run away as the politics and stress are not worth.

Pay is low and there is no yearly review process and even if there is the pay increase you get is a joke. If you are a new grad they will offer lower pay. Most companies offer $70k so ask for that or else don't join for 20k less they will offer you.

"Poor management"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The staff work hard and support each other as much as possible. Stock has done well over time. Most people just want to do a good job.

Cons

Poor upper and middle management. Constantly shifting priorities make it hard to achieve and maintain success. They seem to have very little loyalty to their employees.

Advice to Management

Look at what made you successful and go back to the basics.

"Culture?"

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products are good compared to competition.

Cons

Communication and leadership is poor between divisions and home office. Employee value is low and expendable. Concerned about stock price and next million dollar order over employee growth & development.

Advice to Management

Get in hospitals and talk to customers. Work with all field personnel to understand issues and concerns.
    Invest in employees. Care for both internal and external customers.

"Innovation? Look elsewhere"

I worked at Omnicell full-time

Pros

There are some very good employees who are passionate about their "mission" at the company. Mass transit close to Mt. View offices. Flexible at home work life can provide nice balance to those with kids.

Cons

Marketo? Nope. SFDC. Nope. Cloud solutions? Nope.

Silos? Yes. Gossip? Yes. Reorganization is status quo? Yes. Layoffs? Yes. Missed bonuses? Yes. Less than 10% of women in true leadership roles? Yes.

If your going to jump into OMCL understand what your going to get out of it. How relevant will your career be? What are you trying to accomplish? Will you be supported? What will you learn? And those are just the beginning of what I would be asking....before signing up.

Advice to Management

Nothing they do not already know or have heard from other reviews posted in 2017.

7. "Operations Manager"

I have been working at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Tight family culture. People genuinely care about the products and hospitals they serve. People care about providing a better outcome for patients. Fast past growth company with a lot of opportunity to bring your expertise and make a difference.

Cons

Company changes a lot due to growth. Some people do not do well with a company that has a lot of change. Some people will not like the hard work, travel, and long hours. Company is going from small to large company that brings with it growing pains.

""Consultant""

Current Employee - "Consultant"
    Current Employee - "Consultant"

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Few advancements for the hard working knowledge base

Cons

No advancement for the hard working knowledgeable staff. promotions are arbitrary and capricious at best

Advice to Management

it's what you know not who unfortunately. so promote those who know.

"Coordination issues"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring persons, competitive benefits, and some incentives

Cons

I started employment in my work function in a family-like atmosphere where all persons would help with an issue of their understanding and would willing to bring you to the same understanding (proved that time allowed). I was simply rated on my ability to provide quality help.
    I ended my time at Omnicell being a subdivided individual that was not kept well informed. My productivity suffered in this cold and calculated, negative focused atmosphere. The stress of having nobody to back me up was great. The pressure to increase performance while being provided little increased knowledge and guidance was unrealistic. Those who were my foundation moved to other areas or found employment elsewhere often resulting in replacement personnel that had less knowledge than I already possessed. The persons that replaced those of experience, on next level up of the company's hierarchy, often focused on scholastic type resolves not experience narrowed to this company's function.
    The new rescheme needed to focus on an individual’s ability to improve the future of the company by getting to know them rather than rely on unproven calculations from numbers that seemed to have no solid basis from cold world described above. I hope it has changed for the friendly, founding people I left behind. The subdivisions within the company were divided in function and only focused on that function - not so bad if there is constant coordination across those divisions. I did not see much of that in my area.
    Omnicell as a whole is dispersed and impersonal.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest to the personnel that you serve if it does not cause a riot

"My Experience"

Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for salary and Benefits.

Cons

Support for field employees was not quite matured

Advice to Management

Greater understanding of working conditions in the field