Omnicell Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Omnicell Chairman, President, and CEO Randall A. Lipps
Randall A. Lipps

Pros
Cons
  • Heavy workload, very little work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• Upper management needs new blood (in 4 reviews)

1. "Operations Manager"

I have been working at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Tight family culture. People genuinely care about the products and hospitals they serve. People care about providing a better outcome for patients. Fast past growth company with a lot of opportunity to bring your expertise and make a difference.

Cons

Company changes a lot due to growth. Some people do not do well with a company that has a lot of change. Some people will not like the hard work, travel, and long hours. Company is going from small to large company that brings with it growing pains.

2. ""Consultant""

Current Employee - "Consultant"
    Current Employee - "Consultant"

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Few advancements for the hard working knowledge base

Cons

No advancement for the hard working knowledgeable staff. promotions are arbitrary and capricious at best

Advice to Management

it's what you know not who unfortunately. so promote those who know.

"Coordination issues"

Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Cranberry, PA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring persons, competitive benefits, and some incentives

Cons

I started employment in my work function in a family-like atmosphere where all persons would help with an issue of their understanding and would willing to bring you to the same understanding (proved that time allowed). I was simply rated on my ability to provide quality help.
    I ended my time at Omnicell being a subdivided individual that was not kept well informed. My productivity suffered in this cold and calculated, negative focused atmosphere. The stress of having nobody to back me up was great. The pressure to increase performance while being provided little increased knowledge and guidance was unrealistic. Those who were my foundation moved to other areas or found employment elsewhere often resulting in replacement personnel that had less knowledge than I already possessed. The persons that replaced those of experience, on next level up of the company's hierarchy, often focused on scholastic type resolves not experience narrowed to this company's function.
    The new rescheme needed to focus on an individual’s ability to improve the future of the company by getting to know them rather than rely on unproven calculations from numbers that seemed to have no solid basis from cold world described above. I hope it has changed for the friendly, founding people I left behind. The subdivisions within the company were divided in function and only focused on that function - not so bad if there is constant coordination across those divisions. I did not see much of that in my area.
    Omnicell as a whole is dispersed and impersonal.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest to the personnel that you serve if it does not cause a riot

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Innovative products and great corporate office location in Silicon Valley. Great benefits.

Cons

Lower than average salary. Management doesn't change and makes excuses for not promoting folks that have put in the work and time.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customer-facing employees and react. Make Omnicell a more fun and rewarding place to work. Great products but concentrate on valuing your employees.

5. "My Experience"

Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR
    Former Employee - Technical Services Engineer in Salem, OR

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for salary and Benefits.

Cons

Support for field employees was not quite matured

Advice to Management

Greater understanding of working conditions in the field

"Chaos"

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Casual work attire. Convenient parking. On-site lunch cafe and gym.

Cons

Recent acquisition of competitor is resulting in chaos. Trying to merge two different corporate cultures, procedures and software is a nightmare. Upper mgmt insists on using less robust software for future products "because we bought them." The lower mgmt level is mostly comprised of incompetents with no people skills and no work ethic - totally removed from the day ton day operation of the dept they "manage." Watch your back or you will get stabbed. The "Old Boy Network" is in full bloom at Omnicell.

Advice to Management

No advice needed as they will not take it. Extremely poor employee surveys several consecutive years brought no results. Last survey review meeting started with Dept. Mgr. stating "I hate these things, waste of time." That guy is now a Director.

"Absence of employee career growth"

Current Employee - Commercial in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Commercial in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Omnicell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centrally located Silicon Valley company. Convenient parking and access to mass transit. Creative hardware and software engineers committed to producing quality products.

Cons

Most of one's time is spent navigating the egos of Marketing leadership. Business strategy, when developed, is forced down with no input from the teams doing the work. Constant one-off projects, that produce little value, take away from long term strategy. Narcissistic leadership prevents team members from presenting or having any exposure to executive level leaders. Company is aware of team's dissatisfaction but makes no changes. Cozy sense of security amongst men in leadership with blatant absence of females in leadership. Ageism is something regularly exhibited. A liability and financial disaster waiting to happen. False sense that the executive team cares about the customer. It's all about the 'deal' then business pressures to realize revenue compromise thorough implementations. Lack of employee empowerment and transparency creates a culture of anxiety. Who will be the next person to fall out of favor?--be aware!

Advice to Management

There are great leaders in the industry--why are you keeping the poison around?

8. "Good Place to work"

I worked at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Over all Omnicell was a great place to work. I had a great manager and the company atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Cons

An increased in salary won't be bad.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees.

"Investigate Company before Committing"

I worked at Omnicell full-time

Pros

Active hospital segment customers, good regional sales representatives, parking, easy walk to lunch, transportation

Cons

Poor management, lack of gender and minority representation, favoritism, inexperienced leadership in marketing and sales. Regular disregard for "facts" supporting contrary direction to marketing, product or sales strategy leaders. Communication issues across all departments, non-existent in some cases due to executive level competing egos. Challenged corporate culture and demeaning atmosphere. A definite career busting move to work in certain environments. HR aware of issues, coaches for the incompetent but in place to serve the entity. Steer clear.

Advice to Management

You are aware of the corrections needed. Get to it to stem the bleed.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Omnicell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products and customer service

Cons

Selfish management that is more interested in protecting themselves and treat people as disposable.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect at all levels of org