On Board Experiential Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 9, 2019

3.6
Dan Hirsch

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Produce outstanding experiences with incredible people!"

I have been working at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time

Pros

I'm a full time employee at OBE who has had the opportunity to create experiences for a ton of cool clients in places all over the world. Our company keeps me challenged in the best way possible. I'm surrounded by awesome people who support me along the way. No egos here! We're always striving to be better for each other and our clients. Our work proves it! We also work from home on Fridays, which is awesome!

Cons

Long hours and travel, but it's part of the industry.

2. "The Best is Yet to Come"

Current Employee - Vice President
    Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Egos do not succeed here. We'll take confidence and we'll take high performing rockstars, but historically, egos do not succeed. It's what has allowed us to avoid the corporate pitfall of office politics. We're one team across three offices who would do anything for each other, whether it's 10a in the office or 2a onsite at load-out.

The OBEWay. Anyone who has come from another experiential agency will tell you...we just do things differently. It stems from Executive's people-first value, whether that's referring to our employees or our clients. It truly is our north star for how we do business.

Specialty experts. Our production team is second to none in the industry, making miracles happen (at a premium execution level) time after time. Our Creative team (Strategy, Design and Digital) is making waves within the industry right now, under some of the best creative leadership I have worked with. And the Account team knows how to create long-term relationships for true business value and longevity. Each team truly is the best in the business.

Cons

We're in the event industry, so long hours can and should be expected. But our PTO plan is very generous and addresses this.

Advice to Management

You have truly created something special. Continue to keep your values at the forefront and the sky is the limit.

On Board Experiential Marketing Response

Jan 10, 2019 – HR Generalist

We hope that all of our employees help OBE level up by continuing to strive for better.

3. "A People First Company Who Create and Deliver Amazing Work"

Former Employee - Strategist in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Strategist in Sausalito, CA

I worked at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OBE has a hustle hard mentality that makes you strive for better– those who succeed have a "yes, and" mentality. You have the opportunity to work with some of the top companies in the world if you choose to lean in and take advantage of them.

Leadership is supportive of team members taking on new responsibilities to learn new skill sets. My advice to anyone looking to join OBE is to take advantage of each opportunity and don’t be afraid to speak up and ask to be involved in a project that interests you. Also, don’t be afraid to ask for help – you don’t know what you don’t know and that’s OK.

Cons

Agency life can be demanding – it’s not for everyone. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, you’ll fit right in at OBE.

Advice to Management

Growth and development opportunities are critical to keep and recruit top talent. Find ways to integrate learning opportunities for your staff on a continuous basis. Lastly, be present and active with your direct reports – finding ways to provide feedback to elevate their work and skillset. Employees value development as much, if not more so, than salary.

On Board Experiential Marketing Response

Nov 28, 2018 – HR Generalist

We appreciate the feedback! OBE is committed to being a PEOPLE FIRST agency by fostering development within our organization while retaining our unique company culture. We have and will continue to... More

"OBE - a strong innovative agency that companies can trust"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

OBE is a great place to work. They do exciting projects, have wonderful creative and innovative ideas, have crackerjack production, account, admin, and creative teams and the executives know the business inside and out and provide the resources to produce premiums events. They care about our clients and brands and do whatever it takes to engage the target audience to follow, pursue, and adopt their brands. OBE's technical competence is only exceeded by its client service. When you don't know something or need more hands on deck, all you have to do is ask. OBE is a premium agency for a reason- it's good! dynamic environment, every day provides a new challenge, great people, a family!

Cons

Sometimes multiple events converge and overlap and strain resources, but they get through it. Generous PTO plan and other work perks.

Advice to Management

Keep on providing the excellent advice and service to clients!

"A People Led Company"

I have been working at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time

Pros

From my experience working with OBE, it is an agency for people who are self driven and have the desire to truly own their growth and path within the agency and to help shape the agency. The culture at OBE is very sink or swim. Those who swim stay for a long time and those who don't or require a lot of management don't.

Cons

Long hours and staying busy year round is pretty normal at OBE. When one project ends another one begins. Client service is a top priority which often means being available whenever the client needs support, including nights and weekends.

Advice to Management

OBE is a great agency with great people, keep the positive OBE mindset and continue to focus on the people that are doers, creators, solutions oriented, and have positive can-do attitudes and you can't lose.

"Jerks"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Travel, Nike gear, clients give away a lot of free gear. Laid back environment and can wear exercise clothes to work.

Cons

Similar to high school. Either you act and look like everyone else, or you're out. Judgmental, rude, and looking for yes people. Once the in crowd makes a decision about you, it sticks. Nothing else matters. They refuse to self-reflect and wonder if they might be the problem.

Advice to Management

Grow up and celebrate diversity of thought. NOt everyone works like you. It doesn't mean they don't bring value to the team.

7. "Poor leadership yields to poor outcomes"

Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Program Manager in Portland, OR

I worked at On Board Experiential Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun clients working fun events
    Experiential marketing always draws great outgoing team members

Cons

Young account management taking risks with employee welfare
    Clique atmosphere always evident when the number of contractors outweighs the number of salaried staff.

Advice to Management

Teach managers that $ and numbers are not always the bottom line. Workplace safety and empathy create trust within an organization with team members.

"growth oriented agency with first rate team members"

Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at On Board Experiential Marketing full-time

Pros

The company wants to do great work for its A list clients. Management focuses on building its culture. My co-workers care a a great deal about me and about each other. Exciting times at a company that takes the entire staff on an offsite every year to help celebrate and realign the company.

Cons

Definitely for self starters not people who need to be directed in their work. Management will let you direct your own path as long as the work is there. Maybe having a rough time managing the growth.

Advice to Management

Make sure you hire best in class

"Small Pox covered blanket"

Pros

Very competitive salaries, enjoyable environment, allows for creativity.

Cons

Lack of employee development or mentoring, secretive, lack of professionalism in the office bordering on lawsuit worthy experiences.

"Under the radar agency doing great things"

Pros

Fun team of people to work with. They recognize good work and pay generously. The team knows how to adapt quickly, problem solve, and go out of their way to make sure things are done the right way for clients.

Cons

Don't work here if you can't deal with ambiguity. Production could be more efficient at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep showing employees you do care about them.