On Site Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boston, MA

I worked at On Site Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great money and great management. Definitely need the hunter mentality to sell in this job. Flexible schedules. Uncapped commissions. Medical, dental and 401k benefits are offered, I never had this in previous similar positions.

Cons

Have to be thick skinned. There is a lot of rejection, but that is typical in any sales environment. You can't let the rejections get you down, keep moving.

Advice to Management

This is a great job and I appreciate the opportunity given by On-Site Marketing. I wish I didn't have to move across the country.

2. "Hours of operation still able to work another job part job it which is very beneficial"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I have been working at On Site Marketing (Less than a year)

Pros

Hourly rate is decent. Hours of operation still able to work another job part job it which is very beneficial

Cons

Standing on your feet for 6 hours need to wear sneakers

Advice to Management

better communication between the management team members.. better communication for the sales team

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at On Site Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible opportunity to make a lot of money. (Sales)
    Lots of room for growth potential
    The company cares about each individual employee, and will take every concern into consideration.
    The Owners will make time to talk with employees, and visit the teams in different markets.
    Work life balance is great ( 30 hours / week FT) on average. Most companies want you to work 40+.
    Working for large Fortune 100 clients
    The products sell themselves.
    It's the best company I've worked for and the longest one I've stuck around with. They continue to grow and are adapting good changes. I plan to give another 5 years to the company at least :)

Cons

Markets can grow very rapidly and managers could use some more support. This has been increasing and changing in favor of the managers over time though.
    It's difficult to find "Qualified" candidates sometimes. The job offers 6 figure opportunities, but not many people take advantage or think it's easy. If it was easy everyone would be doing it right?
    Employee's are paid to well, and are not interested in a management role. ( good problem to have)
    The companies attendance policy is a little strict, for good reason though. Good sales reps can tend to be late because they are used to the freedom of commissions. It's a common policy with most employers though.

Advice to Management

The company is growing in the right direction and is being proactive in its changes towards employee's and managers. Keep focusing on structure and roles dedicated to certain responsibilities for HR, recruiting, training, etc... It was a rough start in the beginning, but has grown so much and changed for the better in the last 2 years.

"Easy Money"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at On Site Marketing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Easy money
    6-7 hour shifts
    401k plan
    Health insurance

Cons

It's sales you better have tough skin!

5. "The best sales experience I've had to date. I've been in sales for over 3 years. Nothing comes close!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at On Site Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- VERY generous pay out
    - east going management
    - great training on product knowledge and sales skills
    - friendly co-workers
    - great locations with opportunity for high sales numbers
    - fun work environment
    - it's your choice to succeed or fail

Not sure if this is a pro or con, but there's an assistant manager position that nobody in the company will take because they make too much money as a sales rep alone...

Cons

- airport shifts can be rough if you're not a morning person
    - suppressing anger after wasting time with an ignorant customer
    - negative mood can affect sales

You will not experience success at on-site marketing if you are not confident, hard to approach, or are stubborn. You have to absorb information like a sponge, and execute with a confident and positive mentality!

The money is there!

Advice to Management

Make team meetings not so early in the morning!

6. "Horrific Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

I honestly can not come up with any pros.i I am so dissatisfied with my experience, that I can not come up with any.

Cons

Do you enjoy being Micro Managed, receiving contact messages that your location will be audited. Do you like to feel like a number, do you enjoy a management staff with poor communication and follow up. Do you enjoy an employer that will not and does not care about its employees. If you answered yes, to any these. This is the place for you!

Advice to Management

See my cons, try changing some of that. Better communication is needed. Yes sales is a numbers game but don't make your employees feel like a number as well.

"Sales Representative"

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you sell a lot.

Cons

Base pay is only $10/hour (minimum wage).
    They are not organized.
    High turnover rate.

"Fast Money if You Can Sell; High Turnover"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Representative

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission structure to take advantage of, energetic environment (O'Hare). The hours/pay ratio was great for me; anywhere from $25-$50/hr when boiled down. This job laid the foundation for my career in sales, as well as giving me management and coaching experience.

Cons

The airport program (credit card) has ended, now it's selling energy plans (??) to people at the airport. The commission might still be good, but not relevant like the airline credit card. Also, very high turnover, because of management's need to have "warm bodies" in the short run, which results in unprofessional employees and high turnover. If ONE customer makes a successful complaint for any reason, and it gets to the client, you WILL be fired and management will not fight for you. Not much room for growth; they want to keep high producers in sales rep roles, not management roles. Because of the 3-ear lifespan of the credit card airport programs, I wonder how long any of these other programs will last.

Advice to Management

It is ALWAYS better to be more discerning when hiring new applicants. It may be tempting to hire 5 'anybody's' just to fill spots, but it always bites the team badly in the end (they don't show up, they don't produce, they cause drama on the team, etc). Hire tat one person who really stands out. Make it at least a requirement to have a bachelor's degree or be currently enrolled in college.

"Good opportunity, but monotonous excessive cold calling"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good comp plan, full time money on part time work, friendly co-workers

Cons

Inequitable opportunities based on which terminal you were placed in. Diminished returns based on too many reps in one station. I've heard they've gone to hourly plus commision, but it was 100% commision when I worked.

"it was challenging"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Co-workers are really nice, you can meet people from all over the world

Cons

salary depends on the weather, people's mood and there were no grows opportunities