On Site Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

On Site Marketing Reviews

2.2
Steven T. Mahrlig
1 Rating

"Good opportunity, but monotonous excessive cold calling"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good comp plan, full time money on part time work, friendly co-workers

Cons

Inequitable opportunities based on which terminal you were placed in. Diminished returns based on too many reps in one station. I've heard they've gone to hourly plus commision, but it was 100% commision when I worked.

"it was challenging"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

Co-workers are really nice, you can meet people from all over the world

Cons

salary depends on the weather, people's mood and there were no grows opportunities

"Fast Money if You Can Sell; High Turnover"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Representative

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great commission structure to take advantage of, energetic environment (O'Hare). The hours/pay ratio was great for me; anywhere from $25-$50/hr when boiled down. This job laid the foundation for my career in sales, as well as giving me management and coaching experience.

Cons

The airport program (credit card) has ended, now it's selling energy plans (??) to people at the airport. The commission might still be good, but not relevant like the airline credit card. Also, very high turnover, because of management's need to have "warm bodies" in the short run, which results in unprofessional employees and high turnover. If ONE customer makes a successful complaint for any reason, and it gets to the client, you WILL be fired and management will not fight for you. Not much room for growth; they want to keep high producers in sales rep roles, not management roles. Because of the 3-ear lifespan of the credit card airport programs, I wonder how long any of these other programs will last.

Advice to Management

It is ALWAYS better to be more discerning when hiring new applicants. It may be tempting to hire 5 'anybody's' just to fill spots, but it always bites the team badly in the end (they don't show up, they don't produce, they cause drama on the team, etc). Hire tat one person who really stands out. Make it at least a requirement to have a bachelor's degree or be currently enrolled in college.

"Sales Representative"

I worked at On Site Marketing part-time

Pros

You can make a lot of money if you sell a lot.

Cons

Base pay is only $10/hour (minimum wage).
    They are not organized.