On-Site.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 8, 2017

5.0
Jake Harrington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best Company to work for in the Silicon Valley"

Current Employee - Client Services in Campbell, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On-Sites culture , the office location & the wonderful leadership team and staff, make On-Site the best company to work for. I have been with On-Site over 3 years, and yes there have been challenges, but what company doesn't have challenges. Without challenges you don't grow. So I enjoy the challenges, b/c that is why I still work here and enjoy my job everyday I come in. We have such great opportunities here at On-Site. You make your own destiny. If you want to grow and learn and move up, no one stops you from doing so. You just show it in your work ethic, personality and drive. The opportunities at On-Site are endless. I love it, and don't plan on leaving...Jake CEO is awesome. You have to get to know him, and when you see him speak. Very pleasant nice guy. Monte and Eric are also very nice pleasant gentlemen. Folks, you got to get out of your shell and speak when you see these men. They are very approachable and very nice, and b/c of these men, On-Site is able to allow for such a great environment and fun activities at work and outside. I have never worked for a company that loves to do so many things for their employees. Most companies these days, don't even have summer parties and Christmas parties, but b/c of all the hard work we all put in as a team and all the great direction the leadership puts into play for all us to follow, On-Site is a successful company and very stable to work for. On-Site is making money and is not going any where, any time soon. We are going to continue to go all the way up.....Nothing can stop us....####ON-SITE#1COMPANYINTHE SILICON VALLEY###1INTHEUS

Cons

I'm not calling this a CON, but a wish, and that is increase in pay for the Client Service Dept. Ca especially the Silicon Valley is very expensive. So it is very hard to afford living decently if you only have 1 income coming in and have a child/kids.
     Now to be fair, On-Site does give raises every year, which is nice, but an increase in the percentage of the raise would be even nicer..Thank you On-Site for everything you do for all of us employees...

Advice to Management

2. "Great place if you like to work hard"

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is always work to be done and people are great.

Cons

Clients that are rude or impatient

Advice to Management

Bi-weekly food trucks...

"Great Place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is very diverse and comfortable. We have a training university for our staff and new hires go through a great orientation. Pretty good about raises.

Cons

Need to get better at giving consistent performance reviews. Sometimes, they don't go over your review, but you just get a raise. So, you don't get the formal feedback.

Advice to Management

Keep working with staff in getting them more exposure to our products. Performance reviews are not just about more money. Some of us actually use the feedback to improve.

On-Site.com Response

Oct 3, 2016 – Communications Manager

Thank you for the review. Glad to hear you're enjoying your time at On-Site.

4. "Representative"

Current Contractor - Client Services Representative in Campbell, CA
    Current Contractor - Client Services Representative in Campbell, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's very friendly and supportive

Cons

There really are not any cons.

Advice to Management

Kepp on encouraging your employees and giving them feedback on their performance.

"Loving the culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Pros

On-Site is so totally a fun place to work. Everyone is super energized and I bet I know why. The perks!!! They have a fun committee that plans events and brings in free food and drinks for everyone all the time. In the last couple months they've been awesome. They brought in beer and stashed it all around the office on St. Paddy's Day, they bought a Wii U for everyone to play on breaks, there's a free food truck at least once a month, sometimes there are electric guitars in the media room you can jam on, there was a pizza party last week, they brought in surprise ice cream sandwiches from Cream... I could go on and on. The best part is they don't make a big deal about it, and the company treats you like it's the least you deserve for working so hard. The best part is when I work with our clients we treat them the same way and they love us for it. The products are revolutionary, the product managers are friendly and love to answer all of your questions. This place is not overly siloed and you can pretty much talk to who you want, learn what you want, and do what your passionate about. This is how all business environments should be.

Cons

The onboarding training was unusual. There is music from Disney movies playing in the background at all times, even when the trainer is presenting. There are references to Disney peppered throughout the training. The trainer frequently mentioned Disneyland's culture of excellence and how On-Site wants to replicate it. Looking back, this is really weird because On-Site has its own fun culture that has nothing to do with Disney, but the trainer kept lighting up whenever she mentioned Disneyland. I thought maybe she was a former park employee, but linkedin said no.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe get your trainer a job at Disneyland so she can be happy

On-Site.com Response

Oct 16, 2015 – Communications Manager

Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear you're enjoying all the perks. We'll pass your concerns on to the management team.

"An amazing experience of growth, learning, teamwork, and impact"

Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services Representative in Campbell, CA

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is high-energy with lots of young, fun people. You will experience very few restrictions if you want to take on a project and run with it

Cons

A lot of things are happening at On-Site, and the company's growth can make it difficult to keep up with it all. And if you can't keep up, you risk getting lost in the shuffle. Still, management recognizes and promotes the people who own their jobs and show an ability to follow through.

Advice to Management

Think about adopting a policy of shedding the bottom 20% performers every year.

"Growing and solid software company open to new ideas"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Pros

Relaxed work environment in a nice area in Silicon Valley. Management team is approachable and competent, products are popular and they are growing very fast. Salaries are good.

Cons

No ability for customer service staff to work from home. Communication from management could be better. More education and ongoing training would be nice.

Advice to Management

Develop regular communication with all employees about "big picture" plans. Plan more company events for employees beyond the summer BBQ and holiday party.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic product, innovative culture.

Cons

As with any growing organization, there are challenges as the company scales.

"Unique Experience"

I have been working at On-Site.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's fun to feel like part of something big. The company keeps growing and adding people and new products all the time. It makes me think this is what facebook or google were like at the beginning. If you can make it through the first 90 days they are flexible on hours. If you have an emergency or you need to pick up your kids during the day the managers are understanding. People sometimes are allowed to work from home. The president and CEO intimidated me until I actually talked to them. They are super smart and helpful and all around nice. They actually like it when you approach them. The open door policy is real, and it makes a huge difference from other places I've worked. I've never felt more welcome or at home at an office as I do here.

Cons

Small nit to pick. Sometimes you need to work around certain people to get stuff done. Don't get me wrong. I love my coworkers. It's just I think there needs to be more accountability with some folks.

Advice to Management

Hire a few male supervisors (it's 100% women right now) and invest more in management training. Create a real manager in training program and I bet the complaints about inexperienced managers will go away. I see it happening, just not fast enough

"I liked working here."

I worked at On-Site.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked closely with both Engineering and the CEO, and sometimes with the support team also. I liked everyone I worked with very much. It was fun, at least for me. It is true there are managers who are inexperienced. This is the flip side of promoting from within, which how these managers became managers.

The CEO can appear to be unapproachable, but I always found that if I jumped in the office with a problem, he listened, was receptive and helpful, and addressed it. I think several remarks made in other reviews are very unjust. I really liked the CEO and all of the management. I enjoyed working for them.

At the time I was working here, I was paid in the top range of my field at the time. My reviews were regular and helpful, and raises were generous.

Cons

The business operates similarly to a start-up, though they are now established in their market. Everyone works hard. Comp time was frowned on, but when I asked for it, I always got it.

When I was there, Engineering development happened without anything I would now consider to be minimal QA.

Leadership didn't communicate well with each other or to the team as a whole. This really hurt the business, both in terms of morale, and in leading to decisions that were bad for the team, product and brand.

Most of the executive team became the executive team while they were at this company. They have not taken management classes, or worked in other companies where they would learn management norms or how good and bad management looks to an employee. However, they are good people who are interested in running a good business - ultimately are succeeding in running a good business. So if you're interested in being a part of that, this will be a good place for you.

Advice to Management

(Thumbs up for the perks!)

Weekly or every-other-weekly meetings, even just a stand-up, with the entire team to let them know how the business is doing and whatever is going on week to week would really have helped during the time I was there. When people don't know why any decision has been made, the decision looks random. Decisions that seem random always seem bad. So when you don't communicate, it seems to your team that you are making random, bad decisions. That ultimately erodes trust and satisfaction for your team.

Don't focus exclusively on feature development, and start streamlining the product and code base. Some recent products out there that have fewer features work a lot better.

A real QA team that can set up and maintain automated testing is way overdue, if one hasn't been established.