66% would recommend to a friend
(352 total reviews)
70% approve of CEO
Found 352 of over 365 reviews
Updated Nov 13, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "About two years ago culture was actually great and it was fun working for the Ondeck." (in 44 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 29 reviews)
- "Good benefits and energetic environment" (in 21 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance" (in 17 reviews)
- "The CEO is accessible and engaged, knows most people by name." (in 15 reviews)
- "It was shaky at first with the layoffs but I am comfortable that the company is in the right direction ." (in 14 reviews)
- "Bad Managers" (in 7 reviews)
- "On the sales floor, there is blatant favoritism and the playing field is not level." (in 7 reviews)
- "Communication is frequent, but can be more focused." (in 5 reviews)
- "The work environment was a bit chaotic." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of OnDeck and is not affected by filters.
- 4.0Oct 27, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 3 years
I started my career at ondeck and it was a great first company to learn from.
Company often hires too many at a time leading to layoffs.
- 3.0Nov 13, 2023Technical AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Excellent co-workers and collaboration. Excellent senior leadership.
HR should support all employees with onboarding instead of just leaving it up to each department.
- 4.0Mar 20, 2023Underwriting ManagerFormer Employee, more than 10 yearsArlington, VA
Pre-pandemic and acquisition by Enova, OnDeck was a good place to work with the potential to be great. I think the pandemic and subsequent hard times that led to the Enova acquisition changed the culture of the company which is quite different from when I first started working there over 10 years ago. One credit I'd give to current Enova management which is a huge one is that they are selective in both hiring and firing employees (letting employees go via layoff and poor performances were more commonplace under previous management). They may be more selective in hiring new employees but they don't easily let them go once they hire staff.
Not sure it is necessarily a con... but it is now more of a financial service company (a very profitable and prudent one) than a tech company that never was under the previous management company.
- 5.0Jul 26, 2023Account ManagerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Great Culture, good compensation. They really cared about us as a team and personally.
Can be high stress because it is sales.
- 3.0Aug 12, 2023Capital Markets AnalystFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsNew York, NY
Strong company culture and smart co-workers
Limited progression within role due to understaffing.
- 5.0Mar 16, 2023Lending AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
work-life balance always will do right for the employees
Training could be a little more comprehensive
- 4.0Oct 5, 2022Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDenver, CO
Good pay Upwards mobility Steady workflow
OnDeck was amazing until the Enova acquisition. Once acquired the team and company culture drastically changed and the management team was not the same.2
OnDeck Reviews FAQs
OnDeck has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 365 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at OnDeck to a friend and 48% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
66% of OnDeck employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated OnDeck 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.