- Arts & Design
- Customer Services & Support
- Finance & Accounting
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Media & Communications
- Military & Protective Services
- Product & Project Management
- Research & Science
- Retail & Food Services
- Skilled Labor & Manufacturing
- Current Employees
- Australia - All Cities
- - New South Wales
- - Sydney, Australia Area
- - Sydney
- United States - All Cities
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY Area
- - New York, NY
- - Long Island City, NY
- - Nyack, NY
- - Colorado
- - Denver, CO Area
- - Denver, CO
- - Arvada, CO
- - Virginia
- - Washington, DC Area
- - Arlington, VA
- - Washington, DC
- - Fairfax, VA
- - Georgia
- - Atlanta, GA Area
- - Marietta, GA
- - District of Columbia
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX Area
- - Dallas, TX
- Canada - All Cities
- - Quebec
- - Montreal, QC, Canada Area
- - Montreal, QC
- - Ontario
- - Toronto, ON, Canada Area
- - Toronto, ON
- South Africa - All Cities
- - Free State
Found 25 of over 354 reviews
- COVID-19 Related
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- Most Recent
- Oldest First
Commercial Customer Service Representative
What’s the best way to have a lack of compensation and incentive conversation in your department? I went above and beyond for years doing extra work, organizations etc and nothing has been reflected in pay. I thought my 5 year was going to finally show something but it did not. I’ve inquired about pay but it’s gotten nowhere.
Got a burning question about OnDeck? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with OnDeck employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "About two years ago culture was actually great and it was fun working for the Ondeck." (in 41 reviews)
- "Great people to work with" (in 32 reviews)
- "Great work/life balance" (in 18 reviews)
- "Good benefits and energetic environment" (in 18 reviews)
- "The CEO is accessible and engaged, knows most people by name." (in 13 reviews)
- "Even prior to the massive layoffs, there is rampant favoritism and the best and brightest regularly move on and others who don't fall in line are fired frequently." (in 13 reviews)
- "Bad Managers" (in 7 reviews)
- "Like I said, blatant favoritism without any explanation from the incompetent middle sales managers." (in 7 reviews)
- "Communication is frequent, but can be more focused." (in 5 reviews)
- "Work environment was not the best." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of OnDeck and is not affected by filters.
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
Reviews about "work environment"Return to all Reviews
- Current Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★Apr 17, 2017 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There is an amazing sense of work-life balance. Recognition and advancement has been unbelievably great for me and my fellow colleagues. The pay, benefits, and office views are out of this world good!
A lot of young people work here so if you're not used to the young culture and environment, you will feel lost at first. Just stick to your job and avoid distractions, you will be okay. The company is going through its share of growing pains at the moment. All great companies have this hurdle to jump, and I know this company will work through the kinks.Continue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★Sep 10, 2015 - in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
I worked at On Deck for a few years before leaving for a new opportunity. Being a part of the On Deck team was very enjoyable and I would highly recommend the company to others. The time, money, and effort that management puts into the work environment and culture is incredible. some more pros... 1. Work Environment - New technology, clean offices, stocked kitchen, happy hours, culture events, etc... 2. Openness - You can schedule a meeting with anyone in the company, including all members of Senior Management 3. Career Advancement - Internal promotions and moving between divisions occurs often Leadership - Noah Breslow is an incredible leader. I've never heard anyone, internal or external, say a bad thing about Noah. He is not only incredibly intelligent, but he is genuine and cares about each and everyone of his employees. I can't think of a better person to work for.
I believe the biggest negative is the size of the company. With rapid growth, comes new employees, larger divisions, and more distance between each division. Exposure to other parts of the business is becoming increasingly difficult.Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Apr 10, 2013 -RecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good environment to work in
Communication is not very efficient
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★Jan 21, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Extremely smart, passionate, motivated people Interesting problems Great advancement opportunities
Somewhat stressful work environment driven by fast growth and high standardsContinue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Aug 28, 2017 - Finance in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
- Smart, interesting, and kind coworkers who work together as a team to create a collaborative, rather than a competitive, environment - Free snacks, beer, coffee, and every flavor seltzer you can imagine - Reduction of staff actually created a lot of opportunities for employees with less experience to step up, earn promotions, and learn new skills - Noah is a CEO you want to work for - compassionate, really cares about the company, and is great speaker - Great work life balance. You know your deadlines and as long as you meet them, nobody is tracking when you're in the office
OnDeck is definitely experiencing growing pains and that has caused a feeling of unpredictability in the office.
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★Aug 17, 2017 - Software Engineer in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good Benefits Snacks Young Talent Used to be a good place to work Used to be flexible
Layoffs Only the top tier management gets promoted Bad Managers No career growth The work environment is very bad Promotions are based on personal choice not performance Managers take creditContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★Sep 12, 2014 - Credit Analyst in Arlington, VARecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
OnDeck is a company that truly cares about it's employees. I have never had a job I've enjoyed coming to work as much. Days go by quickly and upper management really takes the time to try and get to know everyone. The work culture and environment is phenomenal. Work is fun which makes the days fly. Most importantly, the people that make up OnDeck are not only passionate at what they do, they are great people too.
I cannot think of anything,Continue reading
- Current Employee★★★★★Sep 9, 2020 - Vice President in Denver, CORecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Proactive and reactive leadership with progressive work environment that breeds creativity and diversity.
Can lack some focus on core business as innovation often takes the lead.
- Former Employee★★★★★Apr 9, 2021 - Loan AdvisorRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Salary was the best part about working there.
Work environment was not the best.
- Former Employee★★★★★Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
There were lots of smart friendly people.
The work environment was a bit chaotic.