OnPath Business Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
DAN SCHEUNERT
1 Rating

1. "Inside sales marketing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at OnPath Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Culture in the remote locations. great manager at HPE HO.
    Nice people working around.

Cons

HO does not understand the business , the general manager comes from different backgrounds.
    Bad salaries no rise in 4 years. Bonuses are late and never paid on time.
    Micro management.

Advice to Management

Learn the business leave the end user filed and go the enterprise where the money is.

2. "Business Development Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at OnPath Business Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice staff for most part

Cons

They push to much to get work done, they see you off for one minute they are there pushing.

Advice to Management

Let people be human some.

3. "Oh Boy, you better avoid it"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at OnPath Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Had a good manager that they left the company

Cons

Everything, The call center has not been cleaned for over 5 years. Manager: uneducated, "I am the boss type ". Prison type work place.

Advice to Management

Educated yourself

5. "It's not what it used to be"

I worked at OnPath Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Good opportunity to work on lead generation campaigns of big clients. No weekend work.

Cons

Before OnPath was acquired by CanadaDirect, it used to be a fun place to work. OnPath cared about it's people and was always looking for ways to get better. Since the acquisition, they don't care any more. OnPath completely lost its corporate culture. Lots of Managers have quit, only to be replaced by bullies, "yes-men," and egos. New management knows nothing about how to lead people. They lead by bullying and threats. There's no leadership, vision or inspiration. Lots of long-term Reps have quit because OnPath is not the same company any more. Whole departments have been eliminated by CanadaDirect. They even eliminated Human Resources - that says a lot about how little they care about their people. OnPath has turned into a typical call centre that just treats its employees like robots, they don't care about our ideas, opinions. OnPath used to be a great place to learn about sales, lead generation and they spent a lot of time in training and coaching - now they just throw you on the phones as fast as they can and fire you if you don't learn fast enough.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat people with respect, dignity and feel valued. Only then, will your people actually want to come to work, do a good job for you.

6. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I worked at OnPath Business Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love sales, and the idea of selling sales programs was really great. I had a lot of fun working there and was able to develop my skills in lead generation and account Management.

Cons

There is a lot of inner politics. Hard to get ahead.

Advice to Management

More professionalism and less politics. Can't we all just get along?

7. "Entry level"

Pros

Great entry level job to learn about sales.

Cons

Not the best culture.

"Boutique size with a Family feeling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at OnPath Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Small Community vibe with a lot of personal connections to both front line staff and Management. The culture is very different from that of a standard Call Centre. Some people have an issue adapting to that. But for people who are self starters and motivated OnPath can give you great insight into the world of B2B marketing.

The Clients are diverse and there are opportunities to learn about numerous products and services; helping to round out your portfolio with topics such as finance, exportation, high tech and online advertising.

There is room to grow for those that apply themselves and work hard for it. Being qualified and adaptable helps too

Cons

Like every Call Centre you can get the occasional "poison pill" that complains about everything. The site is too hot or too cold, the lights are too bright or too dim. I never get promoted. There's too much favoritism. On and on and on.

Look, here's the real deal. The complaints you see on here come from the 1% of people that are pissed off at the Company or a Manager at the Company. There's a good chance they have been laid off or shown the door at some point because they didn't, couldn't or wouldn't cut it.

So if you're reading these reviews take them with a grain of salt. We've been in business for over 20 years. We've won numerous awards. We have fantastic Clients and we have amazing people that add so much to who we are. Do we have problems? Yes....just like every business does. But we also have a lot of fantastic things that we do really well. So if you're looking for some place where you aren't just another number and people legitimately take an interest in you both personally and professionally....Stop reading this drivel and come check us out.

Advice to Management

Keep fighting the good fight.

Sep 16, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience with OnPath. We appreciate your positive feedback. We think we do a lot of good things for our employees and we ... More

"BDR"

Pros

decent pay for people with lower educational level

Cons

Bad management
    Like all the other Call centers, treat people like child

Jul 15, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

While we appreciate that you made the effort to create a GlassDoor account, it is very disappointing to see that you did not make the effort to write something more constructive. We do not have an ... More

"Business Development Representative"

Pros

met a few great coworkers

Cons

Director is disrespectful and verbally abuses staff in his office
    Management are liars especially HR and the Program leads
    Filthy workplace people are sick all the time

Advice to Management

Both harassment and bullying are disrespectful behaviors, a critical distinction is that workplace harassment is a legal issue for employers and for some reason OnPath does not take that seriously or into account. We signed a workplace harassment form and yet they do not abide by the rules. Workplace bullying behavior is often ingrained within a workplace or team and becomes a cultural norm, that is exactly the type of atmosphere the director and his management has fostered. Embarrassing scenes in front of co-workers, yelling, swearing or being spoken to in a condescending or belittling manner are accepted as "just the way it is around here." Most people stay and continue working there until they get laid off or get another job it is so disheartening. The workplace is very dirty and with poor air circulation and the management wonder why so many people are on sick leave. The ceiling leak and have hug brown spots. Most employees are poorly dressed and come to work in dirty clothes, there is no scent policy so beware of all the bad smells.

Jun 14, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions about your experience at OnPath. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a positive experience while you were here. As much as we ... More

"BDR"

Current Employee - BDR in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - BDR in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I have been working at OnPath Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The coworker that grind it out with you on the phone day in day out are the best part. The social committee does its best to keep morale as high as possible. Dodgeball, candy cart and bake sales to name a few. The PL's are awesome they do amazing work and are not recognized enough for their hard work.

Cons

The amount of money you make for the expectations is far out of whack. $14-15 an hour when the client is being charged way more for the work. No benefits ie if you miss a day because of real illness you are not paid yet PAM's miss time all the time and come in late and leave early. If the program is not hitting levels expect to get threatened and yell at either by the PAM or the Director. If you hit 3 leads then the next day they expect 4 you can't win. It is all about what have you done for me lately and managed through fear brought on by the Director, the PAM's I am sure push harder because they have been threatened.....sometimes you can hear the yelling in the center from the directors office. It is extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

I was hopeful that when it was purchased things would get better as it was very small and poorly managed. It seemed to for a while but right back maybe even worse than before. Reevaluate management, provide a better positive work place, guaranteed you will get better results. There is already talk amongst my peers of a mass "walkout" if the Director does the same threaten song and dance again. Sure nothing will be done as just like past HR latest turns a blind eye to it.

May 30, 2016 – Manager, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience here at OnPath. Considering you have been an employee of ours for more than 3 years, it is disappointing to read that your ... More