OnX Enterprise Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Leigh Fox

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • great work life balance, excellent support from internal resources, leaders that understand and get whats required to win in today's world (in 8 reviews)

• Was able to work from home office (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Professional Services Sales Reps are unprofessional- should hand off that task to the real (in 2 reviews)

• For a tech company, many processes are done by hand and on paper (in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome journey so far - fresh air, transformation, innovative, forward thinking"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, opportunity to grow and learn, work life balance, lot of areas to advance, great work culture, talented work colleagues, flexible working hours, great benefits , Strong work ethic and Integrity

Cons

Some part of the organization is still 'old fashioned' and bit dysfunctional due to the transformation - will get there soon.

Advice to Management

Great leadership and keep up the good and reformative work, tap into more professional talents to take the organization to next level, provide consistent annual performance review to employees, hear voice of customers and employees, educate our employees and customers about our strength , capabilities and services we can offer

2. "Congratulate UnderPerformers !!"

I worked at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time

Pros

free lunches were great !

Cons

Barely any guidance from management. Sales Reps were allowed to under perform yet receive all perks

Advice to Management

hold your sales reps accountable and have consequences when they miss their mark.

"Eh ehh ehhh ehhh meh!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Remote work, great people & creative freedom

Cons

Horrible communication throughout the entire company

4. "Really great place for techs and engineers"

Former Employee - Platform Engineer
    Former Employee - Platform Engineer

I worked at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture was great for engineers and in general. Everybody was friendly. Lots of events. good benefits. Lots of autonomy over my position. Managers gave you room to grow, room to learn and think. Can't thank them enough, colin, paresh and Nathan and not officially but always stepping up when needed Derek. if you have the opportunity to work with any of these guys take it.

Cons

The last year had a lot of change and there was a lot of pressure on some teams. This pressure manifested in many ways. Some hard days, hard dead lines and some things getting handed to engineering team that wasn't ideal. However engineering management was always going up to bat for us. Always had our backs and worked with us. New ownership has

Advice to Management

Try your best to keep being as great as you have been. OnX was great and I miss working for them like crazy. I hope things work for the best with the new merger.

"No room for advancement"

I have been working at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-good benefits - flexible hours and vacation time
    -health care package is great
    -free parking

Cons

For a tech company, many processes are done by hand and on paper. Little desire to upgrade systems if there is a work around. No room for advancement. Many peiople have been stuck in the same job for years.

Advice to Management

Reward and recognize employees for a job well done and for improving processes.

6. "Good work life balance"

Pros

Good work life balance
    Great people to work with in every office
    Compensation and benefits are respectable
    Management does not micromanage

Cons

Communication or lack there of from management
    Systems need to be upgraded and able to interstate. A lot of manual processes.

"Just a job"

I worked at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time

Pros

Was able to work from home office

Cons

Middle management was aggressive, cut throat, and unforgiving. Upper Management preached a workplace of equality, family friendly, etc. No consistency. Even when issues were reported, nothing was resolved.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, you can start by cracking down on middle management.

"Toxic, negative work culture"

I have been working at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work /life balance, freedom to make your own schedule, autonomy to plan your day (no micro management), generous PTO even for new hires

Cons

Favoritism. Cronyism. If you are friends with management, you can get away with very little work and still be rewarded.
    Employees form cliques and can be very passive aggressive. Some people are nice but gossip is brutal, as are racist and sexist commentary.
    Zero room for advancement. No personnel reviews in years.
    Management wastes a lot of money on stuff we don't need, refuses to address tea problems

Advice to Management

Company culture needs to be fixed.

9. "Great Company - Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Director Level in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director Level in New York, NY

I have been working at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time

Pros

Great working environment, solid executive management with an impressive understanding of the business and the direction to take the company.

Cons

Over time there are always things a company can work on, however for the moment OnX seems on a solid path forward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and driving toward to the plans for the company as describe by senior management

10. "Good People -- Strong Customer Commitment"

I have been working at OnX Enterprise Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OnX has a very entrepreneurial spirit and the team has a "can-do" attitude when it comes to meeting customer needs and providing assistance. The technical staff is talented and willing to share knowledge. OnX is continually signing new business and growing its footprint in the marketplace. A recent infusion of highly experienced executive leadership is paving the way for OnX to establish a firm foundation on which to support and sustain its growth. I see exciting change in the future for OnX!

Cons

The pace of change is rapid. We have lost some good people through poor communication. Better communication is starting to occur through several town hall forums from the CEO on down.

Advice to Management

We could benefit from a greater investment of time to lay groundwork for planning of the future framework to support and sustain our growth. Place more focus on organizational change to ensure retention of the best employees and to ensure that all employees understand that their role is important in our future direction.