One Call Care Management Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
Dale Wolf

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • zero training, and not much room for growth (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management is out of touch sacrificing experience and knowledge for money even if it weakens the company or means less service to the customers (in 10 reviews)

1. "One Call Medical Care Coordinator Postion REVIEWED:"

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time

Pros

Mon-Fri Work Schedule (Weekends & Major Holidays Off).
    Steady Salary.
    Lunch is free (on Occasion).
    Employees help each other out.
    Allowed employees to Work From Home (effective May 2016).

Cons

Low Pay (Took me YEARS to earn the same pay I earned at my previous (similar) Customer Service Job in Maryland!)

Opportunities to advance with the company & promotions based on friendships more that skill & merit.

Limited opportunities to advance with the company/ get promotions.

Getting APPROVED TimeOff from work can often be difficult.

Job requirements related to Productivity & Quality are not practical.

This year alone, management reduced the number of PTO hours for (tenured)employees AND significantly reduced the (individual) monetary amounts employees received for their Annual Bonuses.

One Call Medical seems to be moving towards the job practice of OUTSOURCING JOBS.

Advice to Management

Pay employees a fair wage.

Make requirements for Quality & Productivity more REALISTIC.

Institute a new and unbiased protocol to determine how employees (and which employees) are promoted.

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Springfield, MO

I have been working at One Call Care Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working for this company for about a month now and have nothing but good things to say. The training is all inclusive and directly beneficial to your position. The management and trainers are supportive and well versed in the field for which they are preparing you to begin your career. Welcome to Springfield, we're glad you are here!

Cons

I have no complaints with the company.

3. "Should be called "Two or Three Call Care Management""

Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pretty easy to get days off with your PTO, don't have to ask the supervisor directly.

Sometimes there was free food and raffle prizes for employees

Most of the team leads were helpful when you had questions

Cons

Their idea of phone service is quantity over quality of calls. It doesn't matter to them if you do all the calls correctly and solve the problems for the customer if you don't meet their arbitrary call goals. The issue for some people working there is that hardly anyone calls the last hour that you're there (8-9 PM) and yet they're expected to get the same amount of calls on average as people working in the busy morning hours.

Even if they know you'd be easily making the goal of 70 average calls if you were working an earlier hour they'll still fire you and won't budge on moving you to an earlier shift or working the email queue.

Advice to Management

Have a call goal but don't be so quick to fire people who don't make it right away. You should put more value in quality of the calls, post call journal entries, and follow up. You're creating an incentive for people to rush through calls and hurry their journal entries just for the sake of their numbers. Be willing to move people around to an earlier shift or moving them to an open spot in the email intake department and see how they do there before firing them. You're going to end up with a whole team of inexperienced phone reps if you keep this up. Turnover is bad enough as it is and yet you fire undeserving employees.

4. "Patient Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits, opportunities to advance, you can learn a lot if you want to learn, PTO

Cons

Layoffs without warning, no monthly bonuses, high turnover

Advice to Management

Give departments the opportunity for monthly bonuses since we are based off monthly numbers and this will make employees feel appreciated and want to put in more time and effort. Therefore lower turnover rates.

Aug 29, 2017 – Communications and Public Relations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your work experience and for your advice to management. We will present your recommendations to upper management for consideration.

5. "Recruited to leave a good job with the promise of a better career"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and bonus plan. Quality services and great support staff. Clients were satisfied with the services - however competition and providers were starting to undercut OCCM and causing clients to leave/reduce referrals.

Cons

Had a good job with another company in the industry and was contacted about company expanding sales reps in the area. Even though I was exceeding assigned goals, executive management decided to lay me off, and 30% of the field sales force nationally. The person in my territory that was retained, was not meeting their assigned goals over the same time period. Based on what I could surmise, the person who decided which one of us to retain, was based on a past working relationship and not on performance. On top of this, OCCM enforced their 12 month non compete agreement - even on employees that were there less than 12 months.

Advice to Management

If you're going to expand your sales force, or any department for that matter, make a longer commitment to the plan than less than 1 year. Just because you are not seeing an increase in revenue right away, doesn't mean it's not working. Most competent companies (leadership teams) understand this. Remember, when you lay off people, it may not be personal to Management - however it's personal to the person getting blind sided by losing their job. Especially when they were recruited away from another company.

"Care Coordinator"

Current Employee - Care Coordinator Prosthetics in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator Prosthetics in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at One Call Care Management full-time

Pros

Benefits are great!! You can grow within this company if you have the right mindset.

Cons

Micromanagement through workforce. Hard to enjoy the great health benefits due to a very strict attendance policy.

Aug 15, 2017 – Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience at One Call. We are happy to hear that your experience has been positive and wish you the best in your career growth with the... More

"Relaxed Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I have been working at One Call Care Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No one breathing down your neck. Independent and relaxed atmosphere. Decent perks and benefits. Ample PTO. A lot of training before going on the floor. Flexible choice of schedule

Cons

Haven't been here long enough to think of any cons but I hear the insurance can get a little pricey. Thankfully I am military and will not be enrolling.

Aug 15, 2017 – Corporate Communications Manager

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, flexible schedule options, paid time off, perks and benefits. Thank you for providing your feedback.

"So disorganized"

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time

Pros

Genuine people, fair compensation, ok benefits.

Cons

No culture other than a workforce that seems tired and fed up. Managment micro-manages. This slows work down! You have people in management positions who clearly either don't know how to manage or don't want to manage. And there are people in positions with titles who SHOULD know how to do the work their title would indicate that they're responsible for but they have no understanding what it takes to do the job. It makes their expectations unrealstic and impossible to meet. There also is no work/life balance.

Advice to Management

1. Hire people smarter than you and be ok with that. It'll make you look good.
    2. Trust your team to do their jobs. Coach/mentor/destroy roadblocks that are in the way to their success, rather than being that roadblock.
    3. Don't have conversations around the people who can actually help get stuff done. Involve the subject matter experts from the start rather than only once something goes wrong.
    4. Follow the same policies and practices that you hold your teams responsible for/accountable to. It creates alignment rather than the chaos you have now.
    5. Recognize you are top heavy. You have too much work to do in some areas and not enough people to do it. You don't need more directors and managers. You need more quality do-ers.

Aug 15, 2017 – Corporate Communications Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide this honest feedback. We are sorry that your work experience at One Call was less than satisfactory. We sincerely appreciate the constructive “Advice to... More

"Like some peoples profile status...."It's complicated""

I worked at One Call Care Management full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

- One Stop Shopping for Workers' comp / Group Health needs (Insurance companies)

- Growth potential for employees do exist...(however, see CONS section for further explanation...)

Cons

- Potential for career expansion only in the headquarters location truly exists. (Jacksonville)

Advice to Management

For people who have been in the company for over 10 years, it is becoming upsetting to see the new practices being put into place.

Everyone knows that a company's "growing pains" can be stressful, but when the value, honor and competencies that institutions such as ONE CALL MEDICAL and MSC along with the many other acquisitions made in the previous years (prior to their infamous merger...) once had, gets lost in the hunt for the red hot dollar, providers and insurance companies utilizing the services of ONE CALL CARE MANAGEMENT really need to reevaluate their business options and heed the industry whispers they are no doubtfully hearing.

Aug 29, 2017 – Communications and Public Relations Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. As you referenced, One Call prides itself on being the nation’s leading provider of specialized services to the workers’ compensation industry. As such, One Call... More

"Great place to get a foot in the door of human resources"

Current Employee - Client Care Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Care Coordinator in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at One Call Care Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is excellent, management always willing to help where needed

Cons

Extremely fast pace, no sense of work life balance, extremely underpaid for sometimes difficult and complex tasks

Advice to Management

Please do not dress up duties as benefits, and if we are going to cross share tasks please pay accordingly

Aug 29, 2017 – Communications and Public Relations Specialist

Thank you for leaving feedback about your experience in the Parsippany office. We are happy to hear that you have had a positive experience with your management team and of the healthy office... More