One Call Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Tom Hoff

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Alright"

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

Good benefits and average pay

Cons

Management has to work on being better to their operators

"At least I'm not unemployed"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free pizza once a month. I get a pay check. The people I work with are cool.

Cons

Where do I begin? Lets start with the micro-manging, everything you do is timed down to the second. You are alotted 20 minutes of break time per day and if you go over you are penalized. That is of course if you're not management. Our manager here spends roughly 1 hour per day (sometimes more) in the bathroom on top of his other breaks throughout the day. Our supervisor on the other hand only takes the 20 minutes of break but after finishing her work in the first two hours of the day she sits at her desk either reading a book or with her hands behind her head staring at the ceiling (literally). They are constantly giving us more of her work to do so we never have any down time but we are not compensated in any way for the extra work we are doing. Both the manager and supervisor at this location are complete jokes and theres no one you can talk to about it because they all blow it off or make up excuses for one another. I don't know how either of them managed to get to where they are, they are both extremely lazy and the supervisor is power hungry on top of that. It really is sad because with new management they wouldn't be losing employees as fast as they do. As far as calling out you are made to feel guilty on top of being sick. Also, when you call out you get "absense points" which pretty much take you out of the running for the bonus. The point system has to go. Also, on top of all of this you are in an office setting so you are tethered to a desk (literally) for 9+ hours a day answering phone calls, minus your 20 minutes of break, and you cannot stand up while on the phone or doing work so you can kiss that beach body goodbye (not like you'd have time to go there anyway). Oh, and theres barely any overtime offered and if there is it's not offered to everyone, it's offered to the managements favorites so if they don't like you, you can forget making extra money. There are honestly way too many cons here to list without writing this in essay form and citing my sources. What i have mentioned is merely the tip of the iceberg. Word to the wise; avoid this company.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to my manager, only my manager's manager; hire new management.

3. "High turn over"

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

I was hired as a permanent full time employee

Cons

Management needs to change. A lot of favortism, and sexually harassment I'm in the work place. I witnessed thr managers there touching employees there in a sexually explicit way. Hostile environment. A very high turn over rate

Advice to Management

It's time to let go of the current managers there to make one call concept a better work environment.

4. "occ csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at One Call Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience. Easy going. Great place to get the skills needed to start a career

Cons

call center environment. High call volume and turn over rate

5. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Wisconsin (WI) in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Wisconsin (WI) in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

Pros are the dress code is jeans and tennis shoes. Some of my co-workers are the coolest people I've ever met! Working from home is pretty cool too.

Cons

Where to start? Management is horrible, favoritism for the choosen ones! They over look attendance issues for them, and any grievances. Mandatory overtime, working ever single weekend and they really don't care about you, your family. They micromanage you 5min breaks for every 2 full hours of work. If you go over its an attendance point. The point system is terrible shows there lack of caring for there employees. Very high turn over rate!

Advice to Management

Get a clue on how to manage people! Stop all the favoritism. Try caring you may be able to actually retain people.

6. "Customer Service Rep."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at One Call Concepts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Overtime available. Flexible with time off policies. Many charitable opportunities to help support the community.

Cons

Starting salary is a bit low, but increases after training. If you don't meet their ever changing standards, they put you back onto the review process and cut your salary back to the training pay rate - even if you have gotten raises. Also they expect mandatory overtime, which gets ridiculous after 5 months of doing it. Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Stop all the favoritism. If you're not one the lead supervisor's favorites, you don't stand a chance. If you feel an employee is having an issue, address it immediately, not after six years. I'm disappointed in the CEO over the treatment of some employees because I thought they were more "employee oriented".

7. "customer service representative - La One Call"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really were not any pros for this job. Pay was always on time. There was a one hour lunch break.

Cons

Poor management. Full of messy women. No breaks. Micromanaging. All calls monitored. Not allowed to leave desk area. Bathroom breaks timed. Not allowed time off.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism to old workers especially when they know less than the newer workers. Micromanaging is not necessary. Neither is following workers into the restroom.

"Horrible"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No dress code is nice pretty laid back you just take calls and sit for 8-9hrs a day! The pay suck but it's a paycheck

Cons

Mandatory over time is ridiculous very hard to get time off. They won't hire you on as they promise they will they let all temps go after there peek is over.
    Don't waist your time if your looking for a career

Advice to Management

Management doesn't do there job. To many supervisors are friends outside of work so they give special treatment to some employees

"Was good until they fired me"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Hanover, MD

Pros

The people you work with are great

Cons

They literally fired after being there two days for accidentally falling asleep. When there were other people asleep and in their phones in areas they aren't supposed to have phones.
    The day before I started I had a couple of seizures due to a head injury from that day but I went ahead and went to work anyway to show I was serious about my job. They still fired me after knowing this information. Don't go there they are unsympathetic unless ur one of their favorites

Advice to Management

Be more understanding

"Mismanaged"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a paycheck that is the only good thing about this company. If you make it from being a contract hire to their actual employee, then it may have a benefit or two.

Cons

The most aggravating place I've been employed. Training was mismanaged and rushed. 3 out of 4 leads have horrible attitudes. Point system is ridiculous at best and has never made employees better only bitter. They let corporate brokers a recruiting agency handle all new hires. CB in itself employees the most unprofessional people who badger you with emails and phone calls only to speak to you like you are a toddler and not a working professional.

Advice to Management

Manage your leads not on their ability to do their jobs but on their people skills as it is severely lacking. Cut yourself from using Corporate Brokers and actually explain, train and hire your own employees instead of doing it the easy way. Your ridiculously high turnover rate would drop dramatically.