One Call Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Better then most"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Portland, OR

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked on CSR jobs in the past. Most ask you to give the moon for scraps on the dollar. This is pretty forward and only gets hard when you make it hard.

Cons

The use of temps in the summer is rough. Its how the hire employees but some are under qualified and seem to be cannon fodder.

2. "Its ok"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice.

Cons

you cant have children if you work for this company and the way they pay out vacation is horrible. you have to work 2 full months for 1 day of vacation and you are on a points system for absences and you cant earn the time back.

3. "Out of Date and Uncomfortable Culture."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Wichita, KS

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

~ Very nice coworkers, all very knowledgeable, kind, and helpful.

~ Company bought nice lunches for coworker when they had to work through
        lunch on busy days.

~Employees portion of premium for health insurance was very low.

Cons

The most stressful and humiliating experience I have every had in my 35 years of work history. The last day of work I reached up to brush my hair back back and cluster of my hair came out.

~ Authoritative management. It seemed to be a “go in, do what you are told,
         and don’t ever disagree type of atmosphere.” Supervisor was overbearing and
         difficult for me to communicate with. Most companies seem more progressive,
         encourage employee engagement, decision making, and autonomy.

~ Low end pay and benefits. By call center averages, the lowest hourly wage I
          have heard of, no personal, vacation, or sick days, and very limited PTO.
          Extremely strict attendance points policy.

~ Monitoring and recording of client calls understandable, but to monitor and or
         record coworker to coworker calls seemed excessive and gave an overall
         feeling of mistrust. (I was told on my 3rd week that I could no longer ask
         coworkers any questions, my questions had to be directed to the supervisor
        and by phone call only.)

Advice to Management

Company could research anti workplace bullying programs.

"At least I'm not unemployed"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bohemia, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bohemia, NY

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free pizza once a month. I get a pay check. The people I work with are cool.

Cons

Where do I begin? Lets start with the micro-manging, everything you do is timed down to the second. You are alotted 20 minutes of break time per day and if you go over you are penalized. That is of course if you're not management. Our manager here spends roughly 1 hour per day (sometimes more) in the bathroom on top of his other breaks throughout the day. Our supervisor on the other hand only takes the 20 minutes of break but after finishing her work in the first two hours of the day she sits at her desk either reading a book or with her hands behind her head staring at the ceiling (literally). They are constantly giving us more of her work to do so we never have any down time but we are not compensated in any way for the extra work we are doing. Both the manager and supervisor at this location are complete jokes and theres no one you can talk to about it because they all blow it off or make up excuses for one another. I don't know how either of them managed to get to where they are, they are both extremely lazy and the supervisor is power hungry on top of that. It really is sad because with new management they wouldn't be losing employees as fast as they do. As far as calling out you are made to feel guilty on top of being sick. Also, when you call out you get "absense points" which pretty much take you out of the running for the bonus. The point system has to go. Also, on top of all of this you are in an office setting so you are tethered to a desk (literally) for 9+ hours a day answering phone calls, minus your 20 minutes of break, and you cannot stand up while on the phone or doing work so you can kiss that beach body goodbye (not like you'd have time to go there anyway). Oh, and theres barely any overtime offered and if there is it's not offered to everyone, it's offered to the managements favorites so if they don't like you, you can forget making extra money. There are honestly way too many cons here to list without writing this in essay form and citing my sources. What i have mentioned is merely the tip of the iceberg. Word to the wise; avoid this company.

Advice to Management

I have no advice to my manager, only my manager's manager; hire new management.

5. "High turn over"

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

I was hired as a permanent full time employee

Cons

Management needs to change. A lot of favortism, and sexually harassment I'm in the work place. I witnessed thr managers there touching employees there in a sexually explicit way. Hostile environment. A very high turn over rate

Advice to Management

It's time to let go of the current managers there to make one call concept a better work environment.

6. "Alright"

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

Good benefits and average pay

Cons

Management has to work on being better to their operators

7. "occ csr"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at One Call Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

Great experience. Easy going. Great place to get the skills needed to start a career

Cons

call center environment. High call volume and turn over rate

8. "Terrible"

Current Employee - Wisconsin (WI) in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Wisconsin (WI) in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at One Call Concepts full-time

Pros

Pros are the dress code is jeans and tennis shoes. Some of my co-workers are the coolest people I've ever met! Working from home is pretty cool too.

Cons

Where to start? Management is horrible, favoritism for the choosen ones! They over look attendance issues for them, and any grievances. Mandatory overtime, working ever single weekend and they really don't care about you, your family. They micromanage you 5min breaks for every 2 full hours of work. If you go over its an attendance point. The point system is terrible shows there lack of caring for there employees. Very high turn over rate!

Advice to Management

Get a clue on how to manage people! Stop all the favoritism. Try caring you may be able to actually retain people.

9. "Customer Service Rep."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at One Call Concepts (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are decent. Overtime available. Flexible with time off policies. Many charitable opportunities to help support the community.

Cons

Starting salary is a bit low, but increases after training. If you don't meet their ever changing standards, they put you back onto the review process and cut your salary back to the training pay rate - even if you have gotten raises. Also they expect mandatory overtime, which gets ridiculous after 5 months of doing it. Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

Stop all the favoritism. If you're not one the lead supervisor's favorites, you don't stand a chance. If you feel an employee is having an issue, address it immediately, not after six years. I'm disappointed in the CEO over the treatment of some employees because I thought they were more "employee oriented".

10. "customer service representative - La One Call"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at One Call Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There really were not any pros for this job. Pay was always on time. There was a one hour lunch break.

Cons

Poor management. Full of messy women. No breaks. Micromanaging. All calls monitored. Not allowed to leave desk area. Bathroom breaks timed. Not allowed time off.

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism to old workers especially when they know less than the newer workers. Micromanaging is not necessary. Neither is following workers into the restroom.