One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating HVAC Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating CEO Denise Kurtz
Denise Kurtz
  1. "My best job yet!"

Current Employee - HVAC Technician in Medina, OH

I have been working at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating full-time for less than a year

Pros

Continued training to help me become better at what I do. Supportive co workers to motivate and push me. I make enough that my wife can be a full time student and stay at home mom.

Cons

I feel that the uniforms are a bit ridiculous considering we get pretty dirty in this industry. The white shirts look nice but before noon each day I begin to look a mess. And the rules about black socks is obnoxious

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. You make working here enjoyable. Our team is incredible and supportive. I don't plan on leaving Anytime soon.

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2016-03-31
  2. "Installer"

HVAC Technician in Rockwall, TX

I worked at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating for less than a year

Pros

Great company to start off in.

Cons

Not super flexible but they will work with you

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2018-12-13
  3. "Worst Company I’ve Ever Experienced"

Former Employee - HVAC Technician in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating full-time for less than a year

Pros

None all Pros were a lie to get you in the door

Cons

Lies Lies Lies Treat employees like dirt Over work Underpaid Disrespectful

Advice to Management

treat your employees better

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2018-06-06
  4. "OK place to work"

HVAC Technician in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

I worked at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating

Pros

Gave Overtime pay. In early out late.

Cons

Management is a bit pushy. Also, senior hvac are needy.

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2015-10-03
  5. "Mickey mouse"

HVAC Service Technician in Sarasota, FL

I worked at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating for more than a year

Pros

*company vehicle. *hires people off the streets with no experience. *If you do not care about your health you can work 24-7 cleaning warranty messes up.

Cons

*poor teamwork *either your a seller or a senior tech *management out of touch does not understand what the reality really is indoctrinated with company rhetoric and slogans and sales quota's etc Also nothing else matter technical experience, having tools to do the job etc, as long as NPS scores are good etc. I can only summarize my experience with the franchise I worked for. Getting truck stock was almost... impossible, dispatchers not knowing how to do their jobs, Many early mornings and late nights due to poor management and poor dispatching etc. No protocol for after hour payment when dispatched to rental properties etc. Very, very poor place to work. No tool replacement program, also technicians must have all tools reclaim, recovery vacuum pump etc. Poor rate of pay also since you must replace your own tools when broken etc. Also most techs working their do not have proper experience, I would not let these people in my home to service my hvac equipment, now that I am no longer working there. I spent most days this last summer on call backs dealing with upset customers, what would make matters worse so called service techs would sell customers products for commission and misdiagnose problem due to ignorance or lack of experience, leading to the problem arising again etc. Where they would dispatch me to resolve issue anytime of the DAY! warranty work done on as late Friday nights etc Evap coil/compressor etc. most service techs do not have tools or experience to do warranty work right the First time etc.

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2015-10-23
  6. "Conformity is key"

Former Employee - HVAC Technician in Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating full-time for more than a year

Pros

My perspective is that of a HVAC service tech. Most One Hour locations are franchises, so each one may run a little differently. Some pros are they pay to send you to training, sometimes out of state. They provide a company vehicle to run service & maintenance calls The franchise I worked for had monthly breakfasts & a company outing once year to a baseball game to keep up morale.

Cons

Management is not very open to opinions or ideas from employees. If you are willing to conform to EVERYTHING the One Hour philosophy encompasses, this is the company for you. I recommend this is the perfect place to work for those just getting out of vocational school to where you can be molded into what One Hour wants. If you are a seasoned HVAC veteran, keep your thoughts & opinions to yourself if hired or keep... job searching. Lastly, benefits were the deciding factor in resigning. For a family of 3, I was paying just under $900/mth in premium. Food for thought

Advice to Management

Allow technicians to be their own person, not the drone or robot One Hour wants you to be. It's ok to have a win-win-win philosophy, but make sure all parties (customer-employee-company) are truly winning.

One Hour Air Conditioning & Heating2015-07-17