One Legal Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at One Legal full-time

Pros

Nice group of colleagues, interesting work, and a pretty good work life balance. There are pretty regular company events and happy hours. Feel like the management care.

Cons

It can get pretty busy sometimes, but we all try to pull together. The occasional irrational customer can be a difficulty, but that doesn't happen too much.

Advice to Management

Not a lot really. Keep on trying to keep up staff morale with events and happy hours. We're a strong team and its nice to reward us sometimes.

2. "Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Novato, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Novato, CA

I worked at One Legal full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A pleasant place to work. There's a good team atmosphere, nice perks, and a positive approach to work-life balance.

Cons

The occasional highly irritable lawyer!

Advice to Management

It's a tough and highly competitive market. The firm needs to keep to a tight strategy of customer-focus and superior service to compete. Stick with it!

3. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Manager in Novato, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Novato, CA

I have been working at One Legal full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One Legal is a great place to work! The company has recently really grasped its mission and some great changes at the top have revitalized everyone. We're on a mission to make great legal tech. Great, flexible approach to work and a strong office vibe.

Cons

The break room coffee needs a serious upgrade!!! Pay and bens are good but need to be kept under review to stay competitive

Advice to Management

Stick with the vision and focus on the customer!

4. "A Rash of Positive Reviews all within a Few Days...Again. Weird"

I worked at One Legal full-time

Pros

Novato has some nice hiking trails.

Cons

Can't develop anything new. They are in the middle of laying off long time employees.

Advice to Management

Stop posting positive reviews of your company. It's to obvious. But if you are going to do it at least spread them out over time and don't use the same basic wording. You did the same thing back in September 2015. Like everything else that happens at One Legal, it's never anything new.

"Great Middle-Management & Staff"

I worked at One Legal full-time

Pros

The people at One Legal who get the work done are a diverse and smart team of can-doers who deal with some of the toughest customers on Earth: lawyers! They also have a great team pf middle and branch managers who get the job done and provide valuable court services. They have a nice work-space, free parking, occasional company events and decent benefits. But best of all are the staff that work hard and deliver through thick and thin.

Cons

Top-tier management is constantly changing direction and wasting valuable resources and time. Their employees' families depend on them to execute the right strategy and lead to success, not just sustain their original business model in a new form. The CEO has all but checked out and is not kept in the loop by his team. Top performers are sometimes viewed as a threat to status quo and the General Manager propagates a worrisome culture. Many managers who perform well and exceed their goals are not included in business decisions and development. Performance feedback and coaching is lacking.

Advice to Management

Trust the expertise and input of the people you hire and be loyal to all of your staff. Stick to your stated values. Pick a course, adapt it to change without faltering, and lead to success.

6. "Workforce Management Supervisor"

I worked at One Legal full-time

Pros

Great service to provide for the legal profession

Cons

Retention of employees is a struggle

"Manager"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fairfield, CA
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Fairfield, CA

I worked at One Legal full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The work flow was consistent and made the work day go by quickly.

Cons

Upper management was never really involved with the branches which made situations difficult at times. Upper management sucked.

Advice to Management

Get more involved with your branches.

"Document Specialist"

Pros

High paying for an attorney service

Cons

Long hours with minimal recognition. Poor management. Office drama and micro management

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging and be consistent

"Not as good as the obvious company placed positive reviews claim"

I worked at One Legal full-time

Pros

There was a time when this was a good place to work. That time has passed. The only "pro" I can come up with is I don't work there any more.

Cons

A "key" hiring by the company single-handedly torpedoed company morale and culture, from which it has yet to recover. Long time management members either left or were pushed out. Promises of new products and increased revenues never materialized. Leadership is to busy reading books (Lean Startup...how's that working out?) or watching fishing videos to care and has no ability to determine the direction of the company. Key hire has no clue of what he is doing. Hires his friends for key roles so they can kick back and spend their day ordering things from Amazon. Tells everyone else they are unimpressive.

Industry being taken over by a giant. One Legal cannot compete with the current management team.

Advice to Management

Stop reading books on how to manage the company. Hire someone that actually knows how to do it. And fire the the person hired to develop the future. There have been no new products. Admit your hiring mistakes and make corrections.

One Legal Response

Aug 26, 2016 – HR Manager

I understand that change is difficult for many and I’ll be the first to admit that One Legal is right in the thick of things. Disruption and innovation in the legal tech space is here and I wouldn’t... More

"Wears you down easily"

I worked at One Legal full-time

Pros

good pay, full benefits after 30 days, company events were fun, mostly busy work days

Cons

lack of efficient training, programs used didn't work properly, angry abusive customers