One Source Visual Marketing Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Andrew Eisberg

1. "Digital Retouching"

Former Employee - Digital Retoucher in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Digital Retoucher in New York, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very good place to work at!

Cons

no complains at all !!!

Advice to Management

All levels of management were great

2. "Just OK"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Long Island City, NY

Pros

Coworkers are great. Benefits and Vacation package. Production house is very knowledgeable.

Cons

THere wsa one instance where a pay check did not go through. They have trouble paying their bills which sometimes would prevent / make it difficult to get the job done. There are two offices one in LIC (production) and in the city (sales / account executives) There is a heiriarcy between then two offices and sales team is purely sales. They have little experience in printing and make it very difficult for the project managers.

Advice to Management

Break the divide and train sales and account exes the business to create a better workflow.

3. "Territory Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Bradford, MA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Bradford, MA

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Market Source is a world source for talented sales professionals.

Cons

Some projects don't last long enough.

Advice to Management

Please pay more attention to individuals experience.

"Retail sales"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pataskala, OH
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Pataskala, OH

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours Other than that. That is it

Cons

Standing for long periods of time, there is no room for growth, you have to do a phone count every day and if a phone goes missing any phone. You have a 60% chance of getting fired (even though the target store has three sets of key to the phone box). The schedule is always messed up and the hourly rate is messed up. A standard employee (Part time) should be getting $10 and hour but they only give you $8.25 an hour. They expect you to force a cell phone down every guest that walks in Target. The one thing that got me was recently as man who was with the company for eleven years was fired. One might ask oh must of not been doing his job....that's not why. A phone went missing. The cameras did not see him take anything, the target employees did not see him take anything nobody did. However his manager said "he was working that day so he had to be the one to take the phone." This is a sorry excuse for a company that does not care about the employees. You can be trying to make a sale and the "ROC will deny the individual which means you lose money from you commission check. A sale can sometimes take hours to complete because of how slow the system is or because of the ROC messing up orders: which causes the person to leave the store that you were trying to sale a phone to. I actually put in my two weeks notice 6/13/15

Advice to Management

Try to care about your employees more, actually remodel ALL OF THE TARGET MOBILES. Put chairs in the area so the guest wont leave from standing all day trying to get a phone which normally takes a ten minute process but at target mobile this take two hours.

5. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, fun environment, commission has the potential to be amazing.

Cons

No real structure, no real room to advance,

6. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Investor in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Investor in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

The ability to grow in the company and also you work with people who cares.

Cons

You go home at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep up the good work and help people grow in investment and money management.

"Management is without a clue on standard business practices"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The acces to great clients, and cool projects. The staff is pretty upbeat and the majority of the people care.

Cons

This is a ship without a Captian. The lack of business stills and inability to find common ground between the joint owners partnership drove whatever success was built, right into the shore.

Advice to Management

Listen to the consultants and the people around you.

8. "They will work you to death."

Former Employee - Production Planner in Long Island City, NY
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Long Island City, NY

I worked at One Source Visual Marketing Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people on the production side were wonderful and fun to work with. Location was easy to get to.

Cons

The owners weren't very pleasant to be around. The sales staff wasn't very knowledgeable and you had to hold their hand to walk them through the print process at times. The place was understaffed and all of the production staff was overworked. Everything was a rush and had to be completed in the cheapest possible way.

Advice to Management

Hire more production people and train your sales staff better.

"It's not all that it's cracked up to be"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

Pros

I can honestly say that the owners of this company are nice people, the work environment was fun and the exposure was great. They try to motivate their sales force with incentives which was great.

Cons

I worked for One Source for one year. It is true, you get what you put into it, but that is true with any job. The problem with this company is that they don't empower you do your job successfully. Because the training is sub par and the organization of their back end and production facility is so poor if you do start becoming successful you are riddled with challenges maintaining your client relationships because they mess up so much. One Source has very successful tenured people but that is because they favor people and give little consideration for newer people. They also over saturate the market with sales people and have such a revolving door of along with so many past issues that many clients do not want to work with them anymore. This makes it very difficult for new people who are coming on. They do try and provide support if you are working hard but their lack of organization and inability to pay their bills on time makes for an unstable working environment.

Advice to Management

Reduce your sales force, listen to people, and don't try to be all things to all your clients. If you choose a few specialties that you excel at you may be able to not only satisfy and retain your clients but concentrate on making a more stable work environment.

"An amazing experience that gave me the knowledge and skill-set to work in any sales position!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working at One Source for over 5 years and I can honestly say I LOVE working here. The people are friendly, fun and outgoing and the senior managers are helpful and attentive. I came to this company with very little sales experience and now, I am confident that I could sell anything! This job allows you to be creative and work with clients across several different industries. The projects are interesting, exciting and ever-changing. I can honestly say that I have never been bored at this job and I have a true sense of pride about each and every project on which I have worked. There is something incredibly rewarding about walking down any street in any city and seeing work that I have helped create and produce. There is no other company out there that possesses the resources and personnel that One Source has; the possibilities are endless. In addition to the wide range of creative projects on which I have had the opportunity to work, I have also been lucky enough to form true friendships with both my clients and colleagues. One Source is a company that promotes unity among their employees. The owners of the company lead by example and are always looking for ways to grow and improve the business. Their passion and dedication to the company is something that all of their employees recognize and respect.

If you are looking for a job where you can truly get out what you put in, than this is the place for you. The previous reviewer said that One Source was a revolving door. While there is definitely turnover for those who cannot cut it, there are also quite a few salespeople here with tenure. The bottom line is that you cannot coast at this job. If you are a competitive salesperson willing to put in the work, then you will be successful. The compensation is unparalleled and if you are self-motivated, you will love this job all the way to the bank.

Cons

There is a ton of flexibility and freedom, so you have to be self sufficient and self-motivated. This is not a job for someone who isnt willing to put in the work to be sucessful.

Advice to Management

Continue looking at the structure of your company and the various ways to improve it. If you continue to listen to both your employees and one another, the possibilities are limitless.