OneClass Note Taker Reviews | Glassdoor

Note Taker

3.6
Jack Tai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This program also encourages better note taking habits" (in 12 reviews)

• "Great job for a college student because they are willing to work with your schedule" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons in working for OneClass" (in 8 reviews)

• "i found one class to be an amazing opportunity, no cons" (in 4 reviews)

"Note Taker"

Former Employee - Note Taker in State College, PA
    Former Employee - Note Taker in State College, PA

I worked at OneClass part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy way to make money, increase your note taking skills, perform better in classes

Cons

Payments should be more consistent

Advice to Management

Inform note takers when they are going to get paid

"OneClass Scam"

Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Austin, TX

I have been working at OneClass part-time

Pros

They have enhanced my organizational abilities.

Cons

They use a paychecks as collateral. They are extremely slow at giving you a paycheck, and often forget to pay you. They do not follow through with their business promises, and they withhold payments from me when I have given them the "notes".

Advice to Management

Pay people! Quit scamming us or we get every right to leave.

"Note taking"

I have been working at OneClass part-time

Pros

Having the opportunity to work for OneClass has been an incredible experience. It has given me an opportunity to help my class and students taking BSCI105 to understand the material being taught. It has also been beneficial to me because it has pushed me to take detailed notes and truly understand the information for myself before I can help others. I highly recommend participating in receiving and giving notes through OneClass.

Cons

If you like taking notes by hand or are in a class that deals with numbers, it is difficult because OneClass notes are all done on a google doc.

"Note Taker Review"

Current Employee - Note Taker

I have been working at OneClass (Less than a year)

Pros

OneClass gives you a good opportunity to make easy money by taking regular notes. Rules and guidelines are very concise and you're likely to get the job if you follow all the rules during the trial period. Pay is also decent.

Cons

Science and math lecture notes often take time to type up and you can get behind in other work if you focus on typing and uploading these notes.

Advice to Management

Better response to e-mails, more ways to network the business besides note takers having to pass around sheets for others to fill out (which is hard to do in especially large lecture halls)

5. "Note Taker"

Current Contractor - Note Taker in Tempe, AZ
    Current Contractor - Note Taker in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at OneClass as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Many of the pros include a constant schedule with just attending the class and taking notes while also constant requirements. It is nice to get extra cash on the side, even if you are not enrolled in the class but just attend lectures. There are more opportunities to gain more cash by promoting your notes and completing the entire semester. It's very nice to have as a college student.

Cons

Unfortunately, they do require notetakers to promote their notes and pass around sign up sheets, which is kind of expected. Also, you have to upload your notes with a certain format and within 24 hours of the lecture, which can be difficult if you have a full day of classes. It's a little confusing with the online account and their contact to associates, which may be through email or text. (This gets confusing because two other associates may email you about the same thing, but you have already done the same task asked from another associate.)

Advice to Management

Maybe have one associate linked to a specific Note Taker so that similar requests are not asked to do the same exact task. Also, it might be nice to have more resources on how to get more students to sign up for the notes.

6. "Note Taking"

Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at OneClass part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good way to make quick money if you happen to have a lot of notes from university.

Cons

Not for you if you don't like taking notes

Advice to Management

Let me use my Australian university email please. I can't transfer my credits into Paypal gift cards as it doesn't accept/recognise my University of Melbourne email as a school email.

"Note Taker"

Current Employee - Note Taker

I have been working at OneClass part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Helping students
    Getting paid for going to school

Cons

Sometimes I can't make it to every class

Advice to Management

Get notes for all courses

"great way to make a little cash!!"

Former Employee - One Class Note Taker in Hamilton, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - One Class Note Taker in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I worked at OneClass full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it was amazing being a notetaker for one class, a great experience! becoming a notetaker allows you to improve your note taking skills while at the same time it's a good feeling to know you were a great help to others who have trouble with notes, etc!!!! great company:)

Cons

i found one class to be an amazing opportunity, no cons!

9. "It is getting worse"

Current Employee - Note Taker in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Note Taker in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at OneClass part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Share your notes and get almost free money
    - Sometimes they have promotions

Cons

- It is getting worse, from 16

Advice to Management

I had a promotion of sending letters to my classmates and suggest them to download one class notes. I finished the task and got paid for the first time. Two weeks later one class send me another message saying that it is the same promotion again, so I quickly finished it. This time, after I ss me sending messages to my classmates, one class refused to pay me and said that I was already paid last time, after I ss their promotion message, they admitted that it is their fault for not notifying that you couldn't do it again. So for their mistake, I send emails to nearly 500 students for free, probably making at least hundreds of profit for one class, and all I got was: apologies for my mistake. One class also changed 10 uploads / 10cad to 16 uploads for 10 cad, it is unfair to do that just because people put trust in you.

OneClass Response

Apr 21, 2018

Hi! I'm sorry to hear about the experience you had with us. We will definitely look into this, and speak with the appropriate team. Do you mind sending an email to feedback@oneclass.com with the... More

10. "Good position for students"

Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Elite Note Taker in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at OneClass part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can post notes at you own pace, relatively simple process and few issues with note content and quality. If your notes are unfairly blocked, you can appeal and the response is courteous and swift.

Cons

The recent switch to raffles and lucky draws as a way to earn money is a huge drawback, as the cash option of redeeming $10 at a time has been removed.

Advice to Management

Please bring back the cash redemption option!!

OneClass Response

Aug 15, 2017 – COO

Hi,

We are going to be bringing back the gift card option back to the site before the school year starts. In the meantime, we are more than happy to look at your situation and help you get the... More