OneLogin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Brad Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A commitment to work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• The free lunch makes it easier to spend time getting to know your coworkers over lunch (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • None - lots of smart people working together in a fast paced environment with a relentless focus on excellence across all areas of the company (in 7 reviews)

• There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge (in 5 reviews)

"Growing pains but righting the ship"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New CEO with a clear vision on how to grow the company. Great team of people who are really invested in growing the company. A new direction in aligning sales, marketing & product. Collaborative & fun environment. Lots of team building events and exercises. Great path for growth. Investing in sale training & methodology! Supportive management.

Cons

The security incident has made growth a bit difficult but we are already seeing an upswing within 2 months and the pipeline is growing faster than it has in a year.

Advice to Management

Keep building out an experienced team and investing in sales, marketing, and product.

2. "Great People, Great Market Opportunity"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, fun people. Lots of growth opportunity

Cons

primarily competing against larger companies with more resources

"Used to be awesome, too many jumping ship."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

All the pros are in the past. Except the few co-workers that were fun to be around.

Cons

Not one developer knows identity, no security developers. Only one developer left who knows where everything is. 99% junior devs who would not know what good code was if they were looking right at it. Regardless of the breach, code base is VERY old and full of vonrabilities, mgmt not willing to pay technical debt. (Pretty bad place to be a developer, cause developers want to be better developers and can't achieve that there)

Advice to Management

They don't listen and don't seem to care. Don't know what advice would not fall on deaf ears.

"Disaster"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Good office location is about the only pro at this company

Cons

Disaster of a company because of it's culture and upper management that are more interested in playing politics than helping the company and its' employees grow. It's a burning ship with mass exodus of talent, everyone good has left, been pushed out because they disagreed with management or has one foot out the door. It's a good product with a lot of possibilities but upper management has squandered away growth opportunities and good talent for personal gains.

Advice to Management

Leave. Board should replace upper management with more competent leaders.

"Worst company ever"

Pros

No Pros for an engineer whatsoever

Cons

They hire very incompetent people, who have no sense of writing good software. Don't ever come here if you want to learn something

6. "Growing company, strong product, excellent opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OneLogin doesn't have the cachet of of super hot company. It's not a unicorn (yet). It's not perfect.

But what it does have is a solid product, solid revenue growth, well-managed spending, happy customers, and an amazing market opportunity. Literally every company in the world uses apps -- and therefore needs OneLogin to secure those apps.

I can't speak to the culture in every department, but in mine, it's fine: everyone works hard, is smart, and has a good team orientation.

Employees are surveyed on a quarterly basis, and the high-level results of that survey are shared in an all-hands, both overall results and trends. It's broken out by department, so senior leaders are held accountable. OneLogin is the first company I've seen that has done this, and it's a credit to Mai, the VP of HR, who genuinely cares about building a stronger culture.

There's a steady flow of training and information: We do all-hands every 2-3 weeks. The CEO puts out a weekly update. Sales enablement sessions are every 2-3 weeks. Again, all good things.

The leadership team is all seasoned and experienced. In the past there have been some bad apples among the senior leaders, but now they're gone.

People hang out in the office after work to grab a beer (we have a few kegs) or sample whiskey, or play on a soccer club together. That's all good stuff, and indicative of a workplace that's pretty good.

As for the "chasing Okta in every way" comment that someone else made, I suggest you look for the equivalent of OneLogin Desktop, WAM, and Adaptive Authentication in Okta's product line. They don't have anything that compares.

If you don't believe me, check out the Gartner Peer Insights reviews, from actual customers, comparing OneLogin to Okta. As I write this, OneLogin is rated 4.6 to Okta's 4.5. Okta's also a great company and an excellent competitor. We value their competition since it pushes us to do better every day.

So in summary: OneLogin is a solid company and definitely worth your consideration to work at.

Cons

We now have free lunch on Friday's, not every day as before.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the Glint surveys, and acting on them.
    Keep the urgency and drive to innovate and please customers.

"Ok"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Nice environment and they provided lunch.

Cons

Too many politics and things behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Relax

"Company lacks direction"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Great people and awesome benefits

Cons

Company is top heavy and seems to have no direction. Too much turn over with management and seems like they have a new process or new direction every few months. Example of a company that has funding and is not focused on the right things

"Good product, Ok company, tough near term outlook but with upside"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

OneLogin works to make the environment a good one with a bunch of perks as well as a good and fun atmosphere. There is upside with the product growth and new features to work towards leader status as well as possibly a purchase one day in the future (positive to integrate with the acquisition companies technology)

Cons

The company has struggle a bit as of late with some management leaving or being pushed out. There is upside with OneLogin but sometimes it is tough to achieve without being in the leader spot (missing out on the gartner leaders quadrant, unfairly I want to add, really hurt OneLogin). There is a lot of internal pressure to succeed and that makes for a tough working environment. Lack of hiring has hurt as well (additional engineers to quickly push new features for sales to sales, more sales people as some have left, and experienced management).

"Sales"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great momentum, as our revenues continue to grow fast. Proud to have amazing customers such as Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Disney and thousands of others. New leadership are very experienced, and we are learning a lot from them. As a primarily younger sales team, having some veterans joining has really been helpful.

Cons

Fast growth = Growing pains. Change is beneficial, but adapting to the change has been hard for some team members.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the prize. We have an awesome opportunity here to make a big impact.