OneLogin Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
OneLogin Chief Executive Officer and Founder Thomas Pedersen
Thomas Pedersen

Pros
  • A commitment to work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• The free lunch makes it easier to spend time getting to know your coworkers over lunch (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Things might no longer seem "exciting" or "fast-paced" to some folks (in 7 reviews)

• There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge (in 5 reviews)

1. "Growing company, strong product, excellent opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OneLogin doesn't have the cachet of of super hot company. It's not a unicorn (yet). It's not perfect.

But what it does have is a solid product, solid revenue growth, well-managed spending, happy customers, and an amazing market opportunity. Literally every company in the world uses apps -- and therefore needs OneLogin to secure those apps.

I can't speak to the culture in every department, but in mine, it's fine: everyone works hard, is smart, and has a good team orientation.

Employees are surveyed on a quarterly basis, and the high-level results of that survey are shared in an all-hands, both overall results and trends. It's broken out by department, so senior leaders are held accountable. OneLogin is the first company I've seen that has done this, and it's a credit to Mai, the VP of HR, who genuinely cares about building a stronger culture.

There's a steady flow of training and information: We do all-hands every 2-3 weeks. The CEO puts out a weekly update. Sales enablement sessions are every 2-3 weeks. Again, all good things.

The leadership team is all seasoned and experienced. In the past there have been some bad apples among the senior leaders, but now they're gone.

People hang out in the office after work to grab a beer (we have a few kegs) or sample whiskey, or play on a soccer club together. That's all good stuff, and indicative of a workplace that's pretty good.

As for the "chasing Okta in every way" comment that someone else made, I suggest you look for the equivalent of OneLogin Desktop, WAM, and Adaptive Authentication in Okta's product line. They don't have anything that compares.

If you don't believe me, check out the Gartner Peer Insights reviews, from actual customers, comparing OneLogin to Okta. As I write this, OneLogin is rated 4.6 to Okta's 4.5. Okta's also a great company and an excellent competitor. We value their competition since it pushes us to do better every day.

So in summary: OneLogin is a solid company and definitely worth your consideration to work at.

Cons

We now have free lunch on Friday's, not every day as before.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the Glint surveys, and acting on them.
    Keep the urgency and drive to innovate and please customers.

"Sales"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great momentum, as our revenues continue to grow fast. Proud to have amazing customers such as Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Disney and thousands of others. New leadership are very experienced, and we are learning a lot from them. As a primarily younger sales team, having some veterans joining has really been helpful.

Cons

Fast growth = Growing pains. Change is beneficial, but adapting to the change has been hard for some team members.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the prize. We have an awesome opportunity here to make a big impact.

"Director of Marketing Communications"

Former Employee - Director, Marketing Communications in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Director, Marketing Communications in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office location on Spear Street, large office, growing teams in every department. The people were fun and the marketing team was growing.

Cons

Too much turnover on the executive side, hired CMO that destroyed the new marketing team and was fired a year later, this culture comes from the top, so should be addressed by founders. They were chasing Okta in every way.

Advice to Management

Build a strong team and culture that will drive and lead the company, commit to working together and build trust.

"Sales"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-the benefits and unlimited PTO are Great and a good job if you like to take a lot of time off.
    -free beer is nice.
    -work life balance is pretty good.

Cons

-Anybody posting 5 star reviews and saying everything is perfect are completely lying or fake reviews.
    -if you want to make a lot of money as a sales rep, this is definitely not the company for that. A lot of companies will pay you a lot more. It's a solid org if you're average, because you won't get fired.
    -blatant favoritism is very toxic for the culture at the org.
    -it's unfortunate because it's a solid product but terrible execution and bad leadership.
    -feels like it's turning into a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

-refocus the sales org. Too many people are comfortable with being average. Average employees= bad company.
    -fire the incompetent sales leaders who have no experience.

6. "Overall: Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun, supportive company culture. Good work/life balance.
    Generous compensation, benefits.
    Management is transparent, approachable, and fair. Does a really good job recognizing, appreciating individual contributions.
    Great space, in-demand product.

Cons

Perception of reliability / overall quality of the service has been a challenge.
    Facing fierce competition from larger, well-funded incumbents.
    Becoming a little top heavy and slow to react, reach consensus.

Advice to Management

Understand your strengths and carve out your niche.
    Focus the long term strategy and execute.
    Invest in Engineering, Marketing.

7. "Really great place to work"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent management team and great people and product with an expanding market opportunity. A collaborative company focused on continuously executing against our plan.

Cons

None - lots of smart people working together in a fast paced environment with a relentless focus on excellence across all areas of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up all the good work.

8. "High Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are good. Co-workers are fun and very collaborative and helpful. And you get to make the job the best it can be, with a fair amount of flexibility and guidance. work-life balance is good too. The best thing about this place? It's the people. They're like family.

Cons

Being a startup of our size, growing pains are evident. Priorities and goals need to be clearly articulated to everyone on the floor so we can all rally behind them.

Advice to Management

More transparency would be nice

"Engineering"

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice Office, Good food, lots of smart people, none of them in management.

Cons

A majority of upper and middle management is venomous, under qualified and narcissistic, during my employment I watched several dedicated and irreplaceable entire teams get driven out the door because they voiced concern for the well being of the company.

While there are good managers their, they are powerless and typically ignored or turned into scapegoat.

You know there is something very wrong when the average tenure of a VP is 6 to 12 months.

HR seem more interested in burying complaints rather then addressing them.

Advice to Management

The CEO really needs listen to his employees instead instead of fast talking blameless management or step a side.

10. "Unbelievable Opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Couldn't ask for a better place to work. The training OneLogin provides is top notch, and everyone wants to see you succeed. Very positive culture where everyone wants to help in any way they can. OneLogin's future looks extremely bright and it's the place you want to be!

Cons

I haven't come across any cons yet. It is an extremely supportive and positive culture, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep up the amazing work! Management does a great job of encouraging everyone and being very transparent.

11. "Growing company .."

Current Employee - Controller in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Controller in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working with company for last 3 years, Its a great company with good product & work environment . Management team is awesome. Always striving to improve the quality of service for customers.

Cons

Fast paced start up environment . Gets stressful at times .