OneLogin Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Brad Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Things might no longer seem "exciting" or "fast-paced" to some folks (in 7 reviews)

• There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge (in 5 reviews)

"This company is going places!"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very positive environment. The people here are all very bright and talented. Huge commitment to customer success and innovation. Collaborative environment where your voice is heard. Entrepreneurial with lots of autonomy.

Cons

I really don't have too many to mention. The only thing I can think of is that there is very little training for new employees. Training is self taught for the most part. Having said that, I don't see that as much of a negative. All employees seem to have a vested interest in overall company success and are willing to pitch in with regards to training new employees.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Work hard to keep the culture as is. Big big things are coming.

"Company has a great team and seems to be going places!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong Management team
    Great product with a huge market
    Really nice office
    Competitive pay
    Collaborative Environment - everybody's voice is heard
    Growing fast

Cons

Its a small company so the training is more by osmosis than a regimented training program, but thats to be expected. Overall a great environment to work in.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, this company is going places!

OneLogin Response

Jan 8, 2015 – Recruiter

We are proud to let you know that we now have a training/onboarding program in place for all employees.

"Winning Team"

Pros

'A Players' on board - God I like working with A Players
    Very little bureaucracy in the way of making necessary changes
    Cool working environment and fun people
    CEO is incredibly accessible

Cons

Interdepartmental communication could be better

Advice to Management

Keep Innovating. It is inspiring when product comes to us and says "we are the only people in the world who can do this"

"Startup with high growth capability"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, good salary, a few startup perks, excellent work/life balance, and located in a nice spot in the City. As a startup, you get the opportunity to help shape the company and "wins" are more frequent than at a larger company. The company has a bright future ahead of it due to the demand in this space, so it's not riding any kind of bubble.

Cons

If you crave a lot of structure (including in-depth training), this is not the place for you. If you want to help create structure then this is the place for you. As a startup, there are limited opportunities for career progression in the short term, but if you are in for the long haul, you will see this improve in proportion to the company's success.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key to creating a positive work environment and removing some of the chaos inherent to a less structured org.

"Exciting & Growing"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Identity Access Management (IAM) and Single Sign-On (SSO) is the gateway to launching your Cloud Apps.

The "cloud" has been talked about for year but true mass adoption is just starting to happen within corporate & enterprise IT.

OneLogin is a leader within this space and 2015 and 2016 are going to be an explosive time to be part of this transformation. The time to join OneLogin is now!

Also great work/life balance.

Cons

Not many, you just need startup mindset in order to excel. Rapidly moving and changing.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on Customers, Partners and corporate culture as we rapidly grow in 2015 and beyond.

"Exciting place to work with awesome people"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

OneLogin is a fast-paced workplace, but even so the work-life balance is great. I've always been able to take time off when needed, whether it's for a dentist appointment or a vacation.

Because the company is growing so rapidly, there are a lot of opportunities to have an impact and move up or move within the company. I've always been encouraged to take on more leadership and I've been empowered to make decisions.

If you want to work in an environment where excellence and teamwork is celebrated, this is the place!

Cons

There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge. I'm surprised to read any really negative comments on here, especially by current employees, when I know just how much the company does (and everyone on the team does) to take care of every employee.

Advice to Management

Keep the strong focus on culture as we grow

"Great product, compelling problems to solve, awesome people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

#1 pro for me: the people. I know it's a cliche, but I legitimately like nearly everyone I work with, across departments as well as hierarchy, which is hugely important for me as my role calls for collaboration across multiple functions.

We are fairly chill here for the most part, but it's frightening how focused we can get when it comes time to ship new features or solve issues for our customers.

Speaking of customers, we absolutely love ours. We work with some of the most succesful, coolest, smartest companies out there. We consider them our partners and are consistently inspired by them.

Benefits are great: unlimited vacay, daily catered lunch, stacked snack room, Foosball and Pool table, awesome office with one of the best views in SF, whatever equipment you need to do your job, etc etc.

Executive team and management in general are open and available. They will help you work through problems as opposed to just expecting you to deal with it yourself. I can't speak for everyone but my experience is that they genuinely care about your health/sanity and overall happiness, on both a professional and personal level.

Work/life balance is well-respected on most of the teams here. You are not expected to work 18 hour days and sleep under your desk to get stuff done. Quality of work is respected more than butts in seats. Plenty of people here have families, kids, projects outside of work, etc.

Cons

If you need a ton of structure and predictibility, you might not be the happiest camper here. Taking the initiative to figure things out yourself when the path forward isn't explicitly defined for you is a HIGHLY valued and appreciated trait here.

Processes change semi-frequently here (in the spirit of optimization and iteration), which might frustrate some people.

Career progression/goals aren't always clearly defined.

Electric skateboards aren't given to every new employee.

Advice to Management

You have an awesome vision for the future of this company and this space. Maintain that to the best of your abilities and try not to be too deterred by competitor activity.

Continue caring about your employees. This will be very difficult as we scale, but it's hugely important and builds real loyalty. Ditto for our customers.

"OneLogin = Stimulation!!!!"

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vibrant, fast-paced, successful startup culture that allows you to grow professionally and achieve what you thought was impossible. OneLogin provides an autonomous work environment that provides confident, highly energetic and self-motivated employees to exceed their professional and financial aspirations. If you are confident, coachable and love having full control of your career track, then OneLogin is your home.

Cons

Absolutely NONE! Our leaders have the playbook. Join the team, follow the playbook and add to it.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"Growing, learning, evolving, bring energy and a positive attitude"

Current Employee - Business Development in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is dynamic with great access to many different kinds of partners, interesting technologies, complex use cases and great people.

Cons

Good is the bad, it can be challenging to keep up with the growth. There are opportunities to increase niceties like a proper on-boarding process (underway), and effective cross departmental communication could improve.

Advice to Management

Find those last missing pieces to the management team and then hold on. The market is exploding and opportunities abound for growth.

"Great People Great Product"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time

Pros

I genuinely enjoy working at OneLogin. There are three things I look for when choosing employment: the people, the problem, the technology.

The OneLogin team is full of people who not only care about each other, they care about their work. It's energizing to work alongside teammates who you look forward to seeing!

The OneLogin product is solving a problem almost every company is faced with today, and it's creating solutions that win customers. It's exciting to be part of a team that is continually responding to market demands!

OneLogin is paving the way in the IAM space. Although some of us may have to work with older technologies, we have the opportunity of transitioning our product forward. This is a very interesting problem to be solving!

The OneLogin culture is one that I'm glad to be a part of. If you've ever worked somewhere you'd rather not talk about, know that this is not that place.

Cons

Some days can be extremely stressful when you're trying to find that show stopping bug. Enjoying the results of working under pressure will undoubtedly make this less of an issue.

The fast pace and rapid growth can often lead to work that isn't fully planned out. If you like taking charge and responding to feedback (both internal and external) this can be a good thing.

All those free snacks and lunches can give you a food coma, and sometimes you might have to wait for a turn on the foosball table.

Advice to Management

Hire people you trust, and trust them to do a good job. As we grow, let's begin to give people more power to take chances on their own ideas.