OneLogin Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.7
Brad Brooks

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • A commitment to work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• The free lunch makes it easier to spend time getting to know your coworkers over lunch (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • None - lots of smart people working together in a fast paced environment with a relentless focus on excellence across all areas of the company (in 7 reviews)

• There are definitely some growing pains that come with such rapid growth, but for me it's been an exciting challenge (in 5 reviews)

"Don't touch"

Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales in London, England (UK)

I worked at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some genuinely nice people

Cons

Obviously the well documented security breaches (yes there was more than one).
    Not even close to meeting sales targets which is not surprising given the lack of support from sales management. So if part of your salary is commission dont rely upon it.
    Must have cash flow problems because salary and expenses are not often paid on time.

Advice to Management

Get the right people in charge, dont make failing salespeople managers.

"Disaster"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Good office location is about the only pro at this company

Cons

Disaster of a company because of it's culture and upper management that are more interested in playing politics than helping the company and its' employees grow. It's a burning ship with mass exodus of talent, everyone good has left, been pushed out because they disagreed with management or has one foot out the door. It's a good product with a lot of possibilities but upper management has squandered away growth opportunities and good talent for personal gains.

Advice to Management

Leave. Board should replace upper management with more competent leaders.

"Worst company ever"

Pros

No Pros for an engineer whatsoever

Cons

They hire very incompetent people, who have no sense of writing good software. Don't ever come here if you want to learn something

4. "Growing company, strong product, excellent opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

OneLogin doesn't have the cachet of of super hot company. It's not a unicorn (yet). It's not perfect.

But what it does have is a solid product, solid revenue growth, well-managed spending, happy customers, and an amazing market opportunity. Literally every company in the world uses apps -- and therefore needs OneLogin to secure those apps.

I can't speak to the culture in every department, but in mine, it's fine: everyone works hard, is smart, and has a good team orientation.

Employees are surveyed on a quarterly basis, and the high-level results of that survey are shared in an all-hands, both overall results and trends. It's broken out by department, so senior leaders are held accountable. OneLogin is the first company I've seen that has done this, and it's a credit to Mai, the VP of HR, who genuinely cares about building a stronger culture.

There's a steady flow of training and information: We do all-hands every 2-3 weeks. The CEO puts out a weekly update. Sales enablement sessions are every 2-3 weeks. Again, all good things.

The leadership team is all seasoned and experienced. In the past there have been some bad apples among the senior leaders, but now they're gone.

People hang out in the office after work to grab a beer (we have a few kegs) or sample whiskey, or play on a soccer club together. That's all good stuff, and indicative of a workplace that's pretty good.

As for the "chasing Okta in every way" comment that someone else made, I suggest you look for the equivalent of OneLogin Desktop, WAM, and Adaptive Authentication in Okta's product line. They don't have anything that compares.

If you don't believe me, check out the Gartner Peer Insights reviews, from actual customers, comparing OneLogin to Okta. As I write this, OneLogin is rated 4.6 to Okta's 4.5. Okta's also a great company and an excellent competitor. We value their competition since it pushes us to do better every day.

So in summary: OneLogin is a solid company and definitely worth your consideration to work at.

Cons

We now have free lunch on Friday's, not every day as before.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the Glint surveys, and acting on them.
    Keep the urgency and drive to innovate and please customers.

"Ok"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Nice environment and they provided lunch.

Cons

Too many politics and things behind closed doors.

Advice to Management

Relax

"Company lacks direction"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

Great people and awesome benefits

Cons

Company is top heavy and seems to have no direction. Too much turn over with management and seems like they have a new process or new direction every few months. Example of a company that has funding and is not focused on the right things

"Good product, Ok company, tough near term outlook but with upside"

I worked at OneLogin full-time

Pros

OneLogin works to make the environment a good one with a bunch of perks as well as a good and fun atmosphere. There is upside with the product growth and new features to work towards leader status as well as possibly a purchase one day in the future (positive to integrate with the acquisition companies technology)

Cons

The company has struggle a bit as of late with some management leaving or being pushed out. There is upside with OneLogin but sometimes it is tough to achieve without being in the leader spot (missing out on the gartner leaders quadrant, unfairly I want to add, really hurt OneLogin). There is a lot of internal pressure to succeed and that makes for a tough working environment. Lack of hiring has hurt as well (additional engineers to quickly push new features for sales to sales, more sales people as some have left, and experienced management).

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-the benefits and unlimited PTO are Great and a good job if you like to take a lot of time off.
    -free beer is nice.
    -work life balance is pretty good.

Cons

-Anybody posting 5 star reviews and saying everything is perfect are completely lying or fake reviews.
    -if you want to make a lot of money as a sales rep, this is definitely not the company for that. A lot of companies will pay you a lot more. It's a solid org if you're average, because you won't get fired.
    -blatant favoritism is very toxic for the culture at the org.
    -it's unfortunate because it's a solid product but terrible execution and bad leadership.
    -feels like it's turning into a sinking ship.

Advice to Management

-refocus the sales org. Too many people are comfortable with being average. Average employees= bad company.
    -fire the incompetent sales leaders who have no experience.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great momentum, as our revenues continue to grow fast. Proud to have amazing customers such as Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Disney and thousands of others. New leadership are very experienced, and we are learning a lot from them. As a primarily younger sales team, having some veterans joining has really been helpful.

Cons

Fast growth = Growing pains. Change is beneficial, but adapting to the change has been hard for some team members.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the prize. We have an awesome opportunity here to make a big impact.

"Weak leadership, great benefits"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at OneLogin full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits are fantastic. Great healthcare, unlimited vacation, snacks and lunch in the office. We have a great view and the staff is young and energetic.

Cons

There is a lack of experience in most departments. The approach is stale and not appropriate for a SaaS company. When feedback is given it is ignored and poor practices to grow the business are repeated. Sounds like they're making some changes to take it to the company next level and freshen things up.

Advice to Management

-Listen to your feet on the ground
    -Provide feedback in a timely fashion, we can steer the ship together more efficiently as a team with everyone on the same page instead of scrambling last minute
    -Follow through on commitments